What is the timeframe for a new skill to be reviewed/shown to Buyers when it DOESN'T require any type of certification?

Hi Everyone: I recently added a skill (Sensitivity Reading) to my Fiverr Gig (Sensitivity Reading) and received a "Pending" status next to the designation. It's been almost a week since I tried to add it but it still hasn't updated. The little button next to the Pending designation states that it is being reviewed. I'm curious as to what exactly is being reviewed (since this is not a skill you have to be certified in to do the job.. Well, at least, not technically through a post secondary institution (and it's even hard to find a course/program that DOES provide a certification (which I believe is just stating that you have applied all of the course's concepts but has not formal academic accreditation). Has anyone ever experienced this issue? If so, please post your experience in the comments.

Thanks for any info in advance, 

Angela

• Like 11

Posted (edited)

Well, I got this answer back from FIVERR Help & Support: 

image.thumb.png.923771e950936a2bfbf8bc1c15584c1b.png

Yesterday, I was sent a notification that I needed to verify my identity in order to keep selling. Hmmm... kind of odd since I've already been paid once. Seems like this would have been done before I could set up a gig OR get paid. Anyway, FIVERR requested that I take a pic of my driver's license and take a head shot. I did both and within 5 or 10 minutes, I was informed my identity had been verified. So, I'm not sure if verifying my identity has anything to do with this issue (since it can only show the color of my skin and nothing else pertaining to my request to be a Sensitivity Reader) but since Help & Support has placed my issue in a "resolved" status, I guess I'll just wait another week and see what happens. This is kind of weird to me. Anyone have any more thoughts? *PS - I stopped getting (or at least, I wasn't able to see) an impressions, clicks, or orders for almost two days! I'm not sure if this was because I edited an old gig and added a new one, or because of this whole identity thing. I'm seeing numbers now. So, if any of you get an identify verification request, GET IT DONE ASAP! LOL*

Thanks,

Angela

Edited by omnilegentangel
  • Like 6
  • Up 1

Many sellers get asked to verify their identity years after they start selling on Fiverr. I have been selling here for five years and still have not been asked to verify my identity.

A nifty blue checkmark appears on your profile once Fiverr verifies you, so I am jealous. I think @newsmike or @smashradio said they have them. But I cannot see them now. 🤔

• Like 7
  • Up 1