Id Verification

coderguy1

i have a question in my mind.. I have used a different username on fiverr..i mean my username is like coder guy . but there is another name when i was doing setting to become a seller on fiverr .. fiverr asked me my first name and last name but i put that name coder guy or something else i don't remember now . but the name on my id card is different than that .. i mean totally different i just used a fancy brand name as my first name or last name that fiverr said they will use it privately... what are the consequences now? i heard that if that name isn't same like on your id card .. fiverr is going to restricted my account

kindly help me in this regard
  • Like 2

You have given a false name to Fiverr. First of all, that's not very smart. Providing a fake name when signing up is absolutely not ok. 

You can change your name under Settings > Account. Provide your real name there. Then you should be ok to proceed with the ID verification. If you can't access that page due to an account suspension, you can contact support and explain the situation. I can't promise that they will think this is OK, because Fiverr expects people to be truthful about who they are when signing up. 

If your ID shows a different name than your profile info does, the ID verification probably can't be completed, and your account will most definitely be suspended. So  your best option is to change your name to the real one before submitting your ID or contacting support and explain the situation, and then hope they have had their morning coffee that day. 

• Like 4