Vacation Day Protest, July 1st. Anti-Star Sellers unite!

fayestap

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reply to @chrishardy: But loyal buyers would understand, and there are many out there who support sellers in their fight against the star-rating system. Loyal buyers wouldn’t get annoyed at you, but annoyed at the system for forcing sellers to do this just to be heard.

But I wasn’t saying we should definitely suspend for a week. I was saying that a week would work better.

Guest ypmagic

Well, if everybody just suspends their gigs for one day… maybe I’ll get more sales! XD

But yeah, my buyers leave me 5 star ratings (although they aren’t published).

I just started after a long hiatus and like 5 bad reviews although I said that I was away (and they still ordered and cancelled). I actually can’t afford a vacation day.

Reply to @fayestap: sorry to be a party poper, but comming from a country, where every business has a union and it ist the norm, this is what unions do.

Forming a union to protect our rights is beauftifull and even more beautifull since we are a online comunity. This is a quite a development, very revolutionary and actually news worthy.

Count me in my Fiverr brothers and sisters…

Reply to @ypmagic: So are you saying that you like the 5-star system? Right now your buyers may be leaving you five stars, but what happens when that one buy leaves you a one star review, or maybe just a three star review is enough to do some damage.

One day really isn’t that much. Many people around here use Fiverr as their sole income right now, but are willing to suspend their gigs for a day to show support against a system they hate.

If you like the system, then fine. But I’m looking at your post and thinking you haven’t really thought it through.

Also, I am so Pee Peed off about the 28 day vaccation restriction.

I pay 20% to you Fiverr, I am supposed to be my own boss, but jet you fool with my business and independance with no regards.

If you want to act like an employee and put me on restriction, please pay my health insurance, put a 19% income tax on all buy and I want regulated work houers.

If not, I am confused, is this an online platform that I use as a freelancer and pay 20% to use your platform or am I employed by you???

I think wee need to speak up about this issue as well! - See more at: http://forum.fiverr.com/discussion/comment/158278#Comment_158278

I have shut down all my gigs for ONE WEEK until further mind change.

I cannot work with Star Rating. This is too much stress working on fiverr and get less stars.

I have also sent a ticket letting fiverr know about my move.

So much disappointed with this system.

Reply to @ypmagic: In the labour struggle we would see that kind of opportunism and call it being a scab.

I’m sorry you lost your rating and good feedback because of yet another “glitch” in the Fiverr system. That’s really sad. However, please stand in solidarity with us all before this system also comes and bites you in the bum.

Of all the thousands of sellers and hundreds of top rated sellers, it is disappointing to see that I am now writing only the 70th comment considering this is on the home page of the forum and taking into account that this is an on fire topic.

How hard we as sellers try to make Fiverr retract the ARS system, unfortunately the hard truth is that it is here to stay. Consider that a new seller joins Fiverr, he/she will have no issues with the system because this is what they walk into. The world is big and there are many other who will step into our shoes if we stop selling or if we leave.

If MrProofreading stops offering his services, there will be others who will benefit from that, Fiverr on the other hand doesnt really care where their cut of 20% is coming from.

There is no doubt this will give sellers ridiculous amounts of power, there is no question there will be a few sellers who will take advantage, this could be direct or in most cases indirect. This ARS really has an impact on sellers who have a low ATV (average transaction value), for example, a seller who offers a flyer design or a logo design per gig will bear the brunt of this, I have a gig like this, however, I also have a web design gig where my ATV is around $100 and I just do one gig probably per week or so, in this case a relation is built with the buyer and chances are that they will offer a all 5 star rating.

This ARS system is absolutely ridiculous for websites like Fiverr, buyers are here to get their work done quickly and move on, its not like the buyer is spending a lot of time with the seller, sometimes, my buyers don’t even have hello, or a thank you to say to me, its hard enough being treated like you are not a person, now we have to be careful of the ARS too, so even if the buyer is rude, you just have to be polite with them, even if they ask for something that is not covered on the gig, you have to provide, all this just to please them.

Only time will tell how this will affect the sellers, buyers or Fiverr but for the moment there will no retraction of the feature, certainly not with about 100 sellers out of the many thousands protesting for one day.

Hope I make sense, as this is being written out of helpless frustration.

Reply to @anarchofighter: 100% agreed. We need to put more wood into the Fire, or how else do you guy’s think the Franch revolution came along…

All jokes aside, again I am repeading myself but, I am not going to pay 200+ $$$ and have them screwed with my business and my work. All the support should be on our site, you don’t Sh²*t on the hand that feeds you!!!

Fiverr commented on one of my open tickets

Quote “We are reviewing the rating you have received to make sure there’s no technical issue”.

As I said this was an open ticket, that started out unrelated to the ARS, but I merely asked about it as the admin was a great communicator. However, I have a ticket specifically related to the ARS that has been open 9 days without a response…

I love fiverr and it’s community. I love the helpful admins that make selling here worth my time. I am not threatening to leave. I have built an awesome little niche market here on Fiverr and I don’t want to give up 4 years of hard work, dedication and 100% rating. But the new ARS was implemented without consideration to effect it has on sellers- both from what information is gained by the system and the morale factor. I love my thumbs up! Bring it back!

OMG, I just got a 1 star rating from a buyer that gave me 5 stars for the same Video, just a different setting. He got all personal, telling me he sees a ring on my hand and that he is sorry for my husband and when I put him in his place, he gave me a 1 star rating in all catogories. I delivered:

100% conform with my gig

5 days before delivery

respond to all messages within minutes

1 star rating because he was pissed.

Buyers now know how to be really ugly.

Archived