Shortening Gig URLs to track promotion performance

devs_hut

Hello doers, so I was wondering if I can short my gig links with bit.ly or other url shortener to know the insight of my marketing campaign. I know fiverr it self has the feature to short links for our gigs now but I can not track the traffic that I am trying to bring from outside. Note I am not trying to use any link in my gig description or anywhere. I just want to short the link for my gig to track my marketing campaign.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi people! I'm obviously promoting my gigs, and whenever I make a post it's possible to remove the extreme long link so that you can just only see the beautiful ad. But whenever I'm commenting on posts I'm not able to do that and so the link stays long. How can I solve this issue? 💜

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, teamandromeda said:

Hi people! I'm obviously promoting my gigs, and whenever I make a post it's possible to remove the extreme long link so that you can just only see the beautiful ad. But whenever I'm commenting on posts I'm not able to do that and so the link stays long. How can I solve this issue? 💜

I don't know if Fiverr would take an issue with using shortlinks leading to your Fiverr gig. I know they don't allow it on their own platform, though, so you can't post shortlinks in descriptions and so on. (I'm talking about third party short links used on Fiverr, not outside of Fiverr). If in doubt, contact support and ask. 

What you could do, is to set up your own domain name, and then set up a redirect from that domain to your Fiverr gig. I haven't done this myself, and I'm not 100% sure if it would be ok, but it's the cleanest way of doing it. 

Alternatively, you could create a nice landing page about your gig, and use that in your advertising. You can lead potential buyers from that landing page to your Fiverr profile. Just keep in mind, you should avoid having any contact information there, except Fiverr. 

• Like 4

• 2 months later...

Hello,

Someone once asked this questions but there was really no response to it and I'm in thesame shoes as well...

"Hello doers, so I was wondering if I can short my gig links with bit.ly or other url shortener to know the insight of my marketing campaign. I know fiverr it self has the feature to short links for our gigs now but I can not track the traffic that I am trying to bring from outside. Note I am not trying to use any link in my gig description or anywhere. I just want to short the link for my gig to track my marketing campaign."

Pls advice...