New Update: Subscription feature in custom offer available to all sellers for their returning buyers

Seven

3 minutes ago, williambryan392 said:

I don’t know. This is definitely a question for your SM I think and I’d also love to know!

I might reach out to CS on this one since it is a national holiday in Israel today (surprisingly it's also a national holiday in Japan, too).

I'll let you know what I find out!

• Like 50
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, williambryan392 said:

Maybe I’m missing something, but isn’t a workaround for the buyer not to submit their requirements so the order doesn’t start?

Great point.

@vickieito can you reconfirm from your end if subscription order from second month starts automatically without requirements?

40 minutes ago, williambryan392 said:

I currently have a subscription order that’s been sitting in the requirements section for 4 months. It is the 3rd and final subscription order though. This is definitely a question for your SM I think and I’d also love to know!

I think @williambryan392already shared his experience.

Also, I knew that cancelling an order with incomplete status don't affect our metrics, isn't it?

• Like 51

1 minute ago, seven_sign said:

cancelling an order with incomplete status don't affect our metrics, isn't it?

Actually, for subscription orders, you have to cancel 10 days prior to the start of the subscription order for it not to affect your seller metrics:

https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/360017173498-Subscriptions

14. Can I cancel a Subscription order with a buyer?

You can cancel a Subscription order at least 10 days before an order starts and it won’t affect your seller metrics—go to Order page > Subscription tab.

I do know my 2nd subscription order went into "incomplete" status, but it only stated that the order wouldn't start until the buyer completing the order requirements. So I figured at that stage, the order was already paid for. The buyer also stated that he paid for the order, he just didn't "start" the order because he wasn't ready with the order requirements.

4 minutes ago, seven_sign said:

@vickieito can you reconfirm from your end if subscription order from second month starts automatically without requirements?

47 minutes ago, williambryan392 said:

I currently have a subscription order that’s been sitting in the requirements section for 4 months. It is the 3rd and final subscription order though. This is definitely a question for your SM I think and I’d also love to know!

For my 3rd subscription order, the buyer doesn't want to pay until he is ready. So I don't know where that order would show ....is it thrown into the same "incomplete" category?

@williambryan392, for those orders sitting in the requirements section, were they already paid for (and just pending order requirements)? Or did the buyer not pay yet?

If they weren't paid for, then I could just have the buyer keep it in "incomplete" status until he is ready. 🤞I hope that's the case!

• Like 43
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, williambryan392 said:

Maybe I’m missing something, but isn’t a workaround for the buyer not to submit their requirements so the order doesn’t start?

Yes. I have a couple inactive subscription orders due to lack of information right now. I assume they haven't paid yet or they would make some noise about cancellation. They were originally placed months ago.

I happily have a few active subscriptions that are working as intended for everyone involved. Very happy to have the ability to send custom sub orders again.

• Like 41
  • Up 2

7 hours ago, vickieito said:

@williambryan392, for those orders sitting in the requirements section, were they already paid for (and just pending order requirements)? Or did the buyer not pay yet?

For it to be in the requirements section it has to have been paid for (I'm pretty sure).

39 minutes ago, melanielm said:

I assume they haven't paid yet or they would make some noise about cancellation. They were originally placed months ago.

I'm pretty certain the order is paid for pre-requirement section. It can only enter the requirements section once it has been paid for. 

An order is paid for when the buyer purchases, or the subscription order kicks in and the buyer gets auto charged. The order then goes to the requirements section.

• Like 39
  • Thanks 6

56 minutes ago, williambryan392 said:

An order is paid for when the buyer purchases, or the subscription order kicks in and the buyer gets auto charged. The order then goes to the requirements section.

That's what I was afraid of. So there doesn't seem to be a way to avoid the charge without canceling (or disabling their payment method).

At this point, I'll work on convincing the buyer to allow the payment/charge to go through. It is a hefty fee, but they will eventually pay for it anyways.

1 hour ago, melanielm said:

I happily have a few active subscriptions that are working as intended for everyone involved.

Yay! It's good to hear that subscriptions are working for you in the writing category!

• Like 40
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, williambryan392 said:

For it to be in the requirements section it has to have been paid for (I'm pretty sure).

21 hours ago, melanielm said:

I assume they haven't paid yet or they would make some noise about cancellation. They were originally placed months ago.

I'm pretty certain the order is paid for pre-requirement section. It can only enter the requirements section once it has been paid for. 

An order is paid for when the buyer purchases, or the subscription order kicks in and the buyer gets auto charged. The order then goes to the requirements section.

You're correct @williambryan392!

Fiverr CS confirmed that subscription orders auto charge the buyer and then it goes to the 'incomplete' status pending the order requirements. They recommended that I cancel to prevent that (and were willing to ensure it wouldn't hurt my stats). Usually, if my orders were canceled less than 10 days before the next order, it would affect my seller stats. The only reason why it wouldn't hurt my stats is because my buyer will buy it again at a later date (which they confirmed by viewing my chats with my buyer).

However, I was able to chat with my buyer and convinced him not to cancel. We will just let the order auto-start and will keep extending the date until the project is complete.

• Like 39
  • Thanks 3

On 10/11/2022 at 7:03 AM, vickieito said:

We will just let the order auto-start and will keep extending the date until the project is complete.

Sounds like a plan!

Just a friendly warning, I had a buyer that promised the same re extending, and then ghosted me after the second extension. Fortunately CS understood due to the messages we had exchanged and didn't let it impact me. People moan a lot about CS, but I think (99% of the time) they do get it right.

Good luck! 

• Like 39
  • Thanks 8

• 11 months later...
On 10/10/2022 at 6:53 PM, melanielm said:

Yes. I have a couple inactive subscription orders due to lack of information right now. I assume they haven't paid yet or they would make some noise about cancellation. They were originally placed months ago.

I happily have a few active subscriptions that are working as intended for everyone involved. Very happy to have the ability to send custom sub orders again.

Did you able to solve this? I'm also having the same issue now. 

• Like 19
  • Congrats! 1

• 1 month later...

Hi, Have you guys noticed there is no subscription option available when sending the custom offer for the last 2 days? I have subscriptions enabled on the regular gigs but I can't find the custom offer subscription option, it just disappeared for the last 2 days. Is it only me or have you guys also having that issue?

image.png.7aa43888f074338bc5a3b4d26c7a09f8.png

• Like 18
  • Up 1

l don’t know, perhaps forever. I currently have a subscription order that’s been sitting in the requirements section for 4 months. It is the 3rd and final subscription order though. This is definitely a question for your SM I think and I’d also love to know!

I’m confident the order doesn’t start until payment, and the subsequent order start dates move based on the previous order start date. However this is based on there being a payment delay.

If payment occurs normally then it will then sit in the requirements section, assuming requirements are tuned on. However I don’t know if the following monthly order will also automatically go to the requirements section on the original start date, or if it will be delayed until the previous order start date.

(I’m confused just writing this and would turn subscriptions off if it wasn’t for needing to embrace all features for fiverr to love me).

• Like 16