My response time keeps getting worse

ricmitchell246

Question

Hi I don't know what to do as a seller. I am very careful to answer my inbox as soon as I can. I have notifications on both my phone and my laptop, but my "inbox response time" keeps getting worse and worse. It was at 10 hours then 14, then 22 and now it is up to 1 day. 

I can see when a message came in and when I responded, and there is no way it is taking me more than an hour to respond. 

Any ideas? 

• Like 11

3 answers to this question

9 minutes ago, ricmitchell246 said:

Hi I don't know what to do as a seller. I am very careful to answer my inbox as soon as I can. I have notifications on both my phone and my laptop, but my "inbox response time" keeps getting worse and worse. It was at 10 hours then 14, then 22 and now it is up to 1 day. 

I can see when a message came in and when I responded, and there is no way it is taking me more than an hour to respond. 

Any ideas? 

It seems like you've missed a message in your inbox, or perhaps you marked a message in your spam folder as "not spam". This has caused my response rate/time to drop if the message was old. 

Remember that the response time is measured as the average across 60 days. If you skipped, forgot or otherwise responded late to a message without getting many new messages that you responded to fast after that, this can cause it to go up as well. 

• Like 12

Perhaps you designated a message in your spam bin as "not spam," or it appears that you missed a message in your inbox. If the communication was outdated, this has caused my reaction rate and time to decrease.

Keep in mind that the response time is calculated as an average over the previous 60 days. This can also cause it to increase if you skipped, forgot, or otherwise reacted to a message after it had been sent or received without receiving many new messages.

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

On 8/9/2022 at 3:04 PM, smashradio said:

It seems like you've missed a message in your inbox, or perhaps you marked a message in your spam folder as "not spam". This has caused my response rate/time to drop if the message was old. 

Remember that the response time is measured as the average across 60 days. If you skipped, forgot or otherwise responded late to a message without getting many new messages that you responded to fast after that, this can cause it to go up as well. 

Thanks for the help. I've checked both of those and neither applies. It keeps getting worse and I think it is causing me to lose business. Now it says that my average response time is 2 days. Is there any way to contact fiverr for help?

• Like 6