Jump to content

5️⃣ Fiverr Business Account for Sellers


Recommended Posts

I've read the articles, blogs in regards to your vetting process to become a Business Seller but I'd like to know from your 1st hand account.

When it was 1st rolled out, I was auto enrolled (as a buyer). I was tied up and didn't buy at that time, so I cancelled before they charged me $149. Well, now that I have time and working to create my own site, I'd like to consider signing up. Searching through thousands of Sellers is daunting. I am absolutely going to be doing my due diligence but just don't want to spend 100 hours looking at endless list of gigs.

If the business platform was vetted with tough standards, it'd be well worth the $149 in time management savings.

Any of you business seller able to elaborate?

Thanks.

  • Like 23
  • Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

There was talk of a "matching process," which would make the process much easier for buyers. If that has been implemented, it would serve your needs well, but if it were me, I'd ask if that feature is in place before signing up.

From the seller side, I've seen a bit of an uptick in "Business" clients, but I think it's just gotten started, so I'm watching to see how the whole initiative works once it gets up to speed. "Tough standards," I have some doubts about that process. It seems like they have dumped a LOT of sellers into the business marketplace, where there was talk originally that it might be just for the highest performing sellers. That wouldn't affect things from your side, if they help you match with the most suitable sellers.

  • Like 17
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, gina_riley2 said:

I've read the articles, blogs in regards to your vetting process to become a Business Seller but I'd like to know from your 1st hand account.

When it was 1st rolled out, I was auto enrolled (as a buyer). I was tied up and didn't buy at that time, so I cancelled before they charged me $149. Well, now that I have time and working to create my own site, I'd like to consider signing up. Searching through thousands of Sellers is daunting. I am absolutely going to be doing my due diligence but just don't want to spend 100 hours looking at endless list of gigs.

If the business platform was vetted with tough standards, it'd be well worth the $149 in time management savings.

Any of you business seller able to elaborate?

Thanks.

I'm a Top Rated Seller and part of the Fiverr Business catalog. 

When I was first enrolled as a seller in Business, I was already a Top Rated seller. That means I was already vetted for quality and customer care before that. 

I'm pretty sure Fiverr doesn't vet their Business sellers manually, at least not to any significant extent. If they went through my deliveries manually, I wouldn't know. I know they QCd the hell out of my profile when the feature rolled out for everyone. It included using my real name, having a professional profile picture, a well-written slogan, and so on. 

If I were to guess, I'd say the buyer satisfaction rate + generally high stats, and a well-crafted profile are requirements to become part of the business crowd. 

The buyer satisfaction rate is based on the private, anonymous feedback that buyers leave after an order (in two stages). 
I think having a very high satisfaction rate is a must to be listed on Business, so you're pretty much guaranteed to find buyers with lots of satisfied customers. The neat thing about the private reviews is that we, as sellers, can't know the details or who says what. It's completely anonymous, so the feedback is way more honest than the public reviews. 

I work with lots of business clients here on Fiverr. I've spoken to a few of them, and they all seem very happy with it. If you're buying a lot on Fiverr and you're tired of sellers who lie about their skills or spend too much time looking for the right talent, I'd say give it a go. 

Edited by smashradio
  • Like 19
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, smashradio said:

I know they QCd the hell out of my profile when the feature rolled out for everyone. It included things like using my real name, having a professional profile picture, a well-written slogan and so on. If they went through my deliveries manually, I wouldn't know. 

You're right! I had forgotten about all those vetting steps I also had to go through to be approved for the Fiverr Business Marketplace.

  • Like 18
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, danno1950 said:

You're right! I had forgotten about all those vetting steps I also had to go through to be approved for the Fiverr Business Marketplace.

Indeed. It was one thing after another, but none of them seemed to have anything to do with my actual delivery quality. But like I mentioned, I believe that part is done automatically, based on your buyer satisfaction rate. Perhaps there's some manual stuff involved as well, but for a company like Fiverr, it makes sense to automate stuff like this as much as possible, especially when they have so many metrics to base it on. 

We're measured by: 

  • Two private reviews per order (taking into account both the quality of your deliveries, your communication skills, the value for money and how a seller meets or exceeds expectations)
  • Public reviews (doesn't count as much anymore) 
  • Response time
  • Response rate
  • Order completion rate
  • On-time deliveries
  • Earnings/revenue
  • Repeat business score
  • Seller level
  • Average selling price
  • Feedback during revision requests (this is pretty new, I think, and I've seen sellers being suspended from the platform due to being flagged for low-quality deliveries)

And probably more metrics that I forgot to mention or don't know about. 

We're constantly under the the algorithms magnifying glass. This is a good thing. It keeps us on our toes, it helps match making and it separates the wheat from the chaff. More changes are coming, and Fiverr is certainly focusing heavily on quality, rather than quantity these days.

A lot of sellers will hate these changes, and that's a good thing, because it means the bar is being raised. And because the buyer satisfaction rate takes so many things into account when the system hunts for feedback, it means we can no longer be just good designers, voice-overs or writers. We have to be great at creating a customer journey, too. 

Edited by smashradio
  • Like 16
  • Up 4
  • Thanks 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think there is someone or a team overlooking that closely... Seems to me they are keen on making strides on the Fiverr Business model. They reached out to me and I did some back and forth with the editorial team... Hahaha... Wonderful people...

Untitled.png

  • Like 16
  • Up 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, smashradio said:

Indeed. It was one thing after another, but none of them seemed to have anything to do with my actual delivery quality.

Yes, I think they were very focused on the setup and presentation, to make sure the profiles fit their new setup.

 

26 minutes ago, smashradio said:

We have to be great at creating a customer journey, too. 

Absolutely - customer satisfaction is a big part of being a top seller. It also leads to high repeat sales, which is an indicator we're doing things right as viewed by the buyers.

  • Like 14
  • Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, theratypist said:

I think there is someone or a team overlooking that closely... Seems to me they are keen on making strides on the Fiverr Business model. They reached out to me and I did some back and forth with the editorial team... Hahaha... Wonderful people...

 

Yeah I've spoken with them as well and was interviewed by the editorial team for a blog post. Not sure if that was ever published, but yes, certainly an amazing bunch over at Editorial! I'm sure they work on promoting the best sellers, picked based on our metrics, and naturally, who becomes part of Fiverr's marketing in social media or in their blog is determined by actual humans. I was merely talking about getting picked by the system to be a part of Business in the first place, not all the other stuff that the editorial team does. 

  • Like 15
  • Up 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, smashradio said:

Yeah I've spoken with them as well and was interviewed by the editorial team for a blog post. Not sure if that was ever published, but yes, certainly an amazing bunch over at Editorial! I'm sure they work on promoting the best sellers, picked based on our metrics, and naturally, who becomes part of Fiverr's marketing in social media or in their blog is determined by actual humans. I was merely talking about getting picked by the system to be a part of Business in the first place, not all the other stuff that the editorial team does. 

Of course dearest monsieur! I do agree that there is some system that helps them narrow down everything. It is quite tedious to make a manual everything catalogue. Now where were we in our practice for the dance number.. haha

giphy-downsized-large.gif 

  • Like 10
  • Haha 2
  • Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, danno1950 said:

There was talk of a "matching process," which would make the process much easier for buyers. If that has been implemented, it would serve your needs well, but if it were me, I'd ask if that feature is in place before signing up.

That ' matching process ' is already up however I rarely receive notifications about it , let's say 1/2 a week 

screen.png

  • Like 10
  • Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, cre8iveartwork said:

That ' matching process ' is already up

The matching you're talking about is within the Brief process for sellers. I seem to remember there was mention of some type of AI that would provide suitable seller options for a buyer within the new Business Marketplace. Granted, I haven't heard much about it recently, so that's why I wondered if it had been activated.

Edited by danno1950
  • Like 9
  • Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, smashradio said:

Feedback during revision requests (this is pretty new, I think, and I've seen sellers being suspended from the platform due to being flagged for low-quality deliveries)

Do you know what type of feedback Fiverr asks for?

  • Like 13
  • Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

As they certainly will take into account the private reviews when deciding if a seller fulfills their Fiverr Business criteria, you'd already be a step ahead just through that alone, as that's nothing you can vet by yourself even if spending a hundred hours.

I feel your pain, I don't buy often, but when I do, it takes me ages to decide on someone. Certainly, part of that is the forums's fault, and the other part all the seller spam messages I get.

You're buying for business purposes, by the way, not for private fun, right? Then you should be able to deduct it anyway.

  • Like 10
  • Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, vickiespencer said:

Do you know what type of feedback Fiverr asks for?

If I remember correctly, it asks about the reason for the revision request. One option is just "I still need revisions" and that doesn't affect the "flagged for low quality", but the other options is about the quality of the delivery. If a buyer received a low-quality delivery, a missing delivery or partial delivery, if I remember correctly. Those probably count in this case. I think @vickieito posted a couple of screenshots the other day. I don't have any open orders that I can request a revision for to see the exact alternatives at the moment. 

 

  • Like 10
  • Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi Everyone! Sorry, I couldn't respond right away (I'm still limited to 5 posts a day, so I had to wait for 19 hours until I could join in on this discussion). Here's the link with my screenshots of what someone sees when they request a revision:

On 8/9/2022 at 1:55 AM, gina_riley2 said:

If the business platform was vetted with tough standards, it'd be well worth the $149 in time management savings. Any of you business seller able to elaborate?

If it makes you feel any better @gina_riley2, I did ask my Success Manager about applying for the business catalog and she kindly told me it isn't an option for me at the moment. I like the list that @smashradio provided - the metrics and requirements to get approved as a vetted seller on the Fiverr Business Marketplace are pretty straight forward and shows that the vetted sellers are excellent at what they do and have the proof to show it.

I'm still a newer seller on the platform, so I need time and experience to prove myself. I'm a small ant among giants on this thread!

23 hours ago, danno1950 said:

I seem to remember there was mention of some type of AI that would provide suitable seller options for a buyer within the new Business Marketplace. Granted, I haven't heard much about it recently, so that's why I wondered if it had been activated.

I'm not sure how it is on the Business Marketplace, but Fiverr is really trying hard on the normal marketplace to match buyers to services that are applicable to them. I'm not too confident in their matches. For example, as soon as an order is placed (and before the order requirements are entered in), Fiverr immediately tries to connect you to other services to buy. You can see the fun "matches' I got here:

https://community.fiverr.com/forums/topic/286359-fiverr-automatically-messaged-my-buyer-on-the-order-page-with-a-requirements-reminder/?do=findComment&comment=1809546

This morning, I was happy to see @smashradio and @newsmike on my list of services I should buy! I'm not sure how their services relate to the female, American VOs that I normally buy, but it was nice to see some familiar faces. 😊

image.thumb.png.bb484dcd51fa77aafb189ec89e517bf8.png

 

  • Like 7
  • Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, vickieito said:

Hi Everyone! Sorry, I couldn't respond right away (I'm still limited to 5 posts a day, so I had to wait for 19 hours until I could join in on this discussion).

This morning, I was happy to see @smashradio and @newsmike on my list of services I should buy! I'm not sure how their services relate to the female, American VOs that I normally buy, but it was nice to see some familiar faces. 😊

Good lord. You're a veteran on the forum and still limited to five posts? I thought the whole point of the gamification was to gradually encourage productive community members to contribute more in the forum. Does this limitation really apply to responses as well? I thought perhaps it was a different limit on the number of topics you can create, and that you could at least respond to topics more than five times per day. Honestly, @frank_d, can't you move this helpful, generous and productive lady to Grand Master? She deserves it. 😛 

Haha - I'm happy to see I showed up! Hardly relevant to your purchases, but that might be a case of my gig getting promoted if you've visited my profile/gigs before. I bet the same is the case with @newsmike – unless his awesome, ram tough american godlike voice is relevant to your previous purchases on Fiverr? Man that Newsmike voice makes me want to buy a bolt action rifle and go hunting with a bottle of whiskey and some raw chewing tobacco. 

  • Like 9
  • Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, vickieito said:

Fiverr is really trying hard on the normal marketplace to match buyers to services that are applicable to them. I'm not too confident in their matches.

I hear you. I'm not terribly confident in their matching process on the normal marketplace. On the Business Marketplace, no one seems to know if there will be a matching component to give buyers a selection of relevant sellers, and make their process easier.

  • Like 8
  • Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, danno1950 said:

I hear you. I'm not terribly confident in their matching process on the normal marketplace. On the Business Marketplace, no one seems to know if there will be a matching component to give buyers a selection of relevant sellers, and make their process easier.

On the Fiverr Business website, it says: "A team of Fiverr Business Success Managers is here to help match you with the best talent for your team - no need for endless guessing and interviews.". So they do. 

  • Like 8
  • Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Actually, I found out that you can use the Business marketplace for free. That way, all the sellers you see will have gone through the vetting process. Just visit https://business.fiverr.com/business/marketplace and you'll get a very similar experience to the regular marketplace, but with Business only sellers. You don't even need a Fiverr Business account to access it. 

  • Like 10
  • Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, smashradio said:

On the Fiverr Business website, it says: "A team of Fiverr Business Success Managers is here to help match you with the best talent for your team - no need for endless guessing and interviews.". So they do. 

Very interesting! I just saw the "Talent Vetting Process" on the Fiverr Business website, and it answers all the questions I had. I swear this must be a new entry, because I've looked over the site several times, and never saw this. Either that, or I had a brain freeze and just missed it, also a possibility.

Edited by danno1950
  • Like 7
  • Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, smashradio said:

Actually, I found out that you can use the Business marketplace for free.

I thought this was an introductory offer, and after the first year, the price would be $149 per year, which is where @gina_riley2 began this thread.

On 8/8/2022 at 11:55 AM, gina_riley2 said:

If the business platform was vetted with tough standards, it'd be well worth the $149 in time management savings.

Has that policy officially changed? I just searched on the site without signing up, and you're right @smashradio, I could use it for free. Now I'm wondering if the site hasn't gotten the traction they hoped for, so they're leaving it open for now. But I suspect at some point the standard yearly charge will be in place.

Edited by danno1950
  • Like 8
  • Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, smashradio said:

Man that Newsmike voice makes me want to buy a bolt action rifle and go hunting with a bottle of whiskey and some raw chewing tobacco. 

LOL, you are welcome anytime. I think you could handle it as you come from pretty hardy stock as well:

10-Facts-About-The-Vikings-You%E2%80%99ll-Learn-In-Norway-Featured-Image.jpg

 

Edited by newsmike
  • Like 7
  • Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, smashradio said:

Man that Newsmike voice makes me want to buy a bolt action rifle and go hunting with a bottle of whiskey and some raw chewing tobacco. 

"Newsmike - the only Mike I trust!" 👊😎 @newsmike hahahaha

5 hours ago, danno1950 said:

Has that policy officially changed? I just searched on the site without signing up, and you're right @smashradio, I could use it for free. Now I'm wondering if the site hasn't gotten the traction they hoped for, so they're leaving it open for now. But I suspect at some point the standard yearly charge will be in place.

It has always been like that ever since it has released (in terms of being able to search the catalogue) - I was always curious if once you actually have a Fiverr Business account as a buyer how different it may look like but since I don't have that type of buyer account I never could tell.

If I understand a previous buyer correctly the interface of Fiverr Business is a bit different wherein you can have a team function where your own employees can handle certain projects and everyone in your team can see what everyone else is doing.  

I see that they did try to explain it in their FAQs: https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/4419524568977-Fiverr-Business-Talent-Lineup-?segment=business

From my experience, there are buyers who make use of what Smash said below, the "Business Success Managers" I've gotten a couple of orders through this, as in the buyer told me "Hey Fiverr recommended you would be a good person for my project etc." sort of introduction.

6 hours ago, smashradio said:

"A team of Fiverr Business Success Managers is here to help match you with the best talent for your team - no need for endless guessing and interviews.".

So perhaps it may be the interface and extra features Fiverr Business has that makes them have the upperhand on things? Although asking Customer Support with a regular account would still warrant you that kind of assistance in getting freelancers suggested to you but probably a bit more delayed in response though.

From what I understand how the Fiverr Business catalogue works right now is by default the first results you see are the "vetted" ones. But if you go further through the results or even specify certain filters, it then makes use of the whole Fiverr listing. 

To prove this, as @vickieito said she isn't on the Fiverr Business catalogue yet and has been told by her SM she can't apply for it at the moment. (Btw Vickie, I think you deserve to be there! In due time you will be). But if you change some filters like seller location, it will eventually show her gig. 

I was able to do this without a Fiverr Business buyer account. Perhaps the access may change in the future, but right now in terms of catalogue access I see the experience is still open.

Untitled.thumb.png.cb23d5ba0b6df3586ef3546140594ffa.png

EDIT: 

Okay I noticed by default it says "(Category) + vetted freelancers" as below but once you navigate more through filters it just shows the Category alone as above.

Untitled.thumb.png.f2aeb721a196bb7449a52366b40bbc3e.png

Edited by theratypist
  • Like 5
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...