I will contact Fiverr Support for this, but what do you think?

rabia_sabir

A client asked me for my portfolio and I sent him in the Google Sheets as usual. And he said that you're using someone else's portfolio. I got confused & asked, he said someone else also sent the same URLs and it's developed by them. 

😮 wow, I got surprised that someone is using my hard work & pretending to be them 😕, that's not so good. I tried to investigate further but he didn't disclose the seller's profile because he was thinking that I'm lying.

How would you handle such situation? 

What I'm planning, We must not share our portfolio to every client, maybe some of them are sellers but pretending to be a client?

Suggestions?

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, rabia_sabir said:

Suggestions?

This doesn't sound good. A Google Sheet is a rather specific link. Do you share it in messages only, or publically? If you're sharing it publically, anyone could have stolen it. If not, then yes, one of your competitors could have messaged you, pretending to be a seller, and have stolen your work. 

Naturally, I can only take your word for it. 

This might be helpful in determining who has been viewing your Google Sheet: https://support.google.com/docs/answer/7378739?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop

If the individual who stole it was logged into their Google Account at any points, they probably left a trail for you to follow. 

Edited by smashradio
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, smashradio said:

This doesn't sound good. A Google Sheet is a rather specific link. Do you share it in messages only, or publically? If you're sharing it publically, anyone could have stolen it. If not, then yes, one of your competitors could have messaged you, pretending to be a seller, and have stolen your work. 

Naturally, I can only take your word for it. 

This might be helpful in determining who has been viewing your Google Sheet: https://support.google.com/docs/answer/7378739?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop

If the individual who stole it was logged into their Google Account at any points, they probably left a trail for you to follow. 

That's a nice idea, but just for sharing a portfolio, asking client's email will be a fine thing for Fiverr? I assume, they'll take it as negative step?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, rabia_sabir said:

That's a nice idea, but just for sharing a portfolio, asking client's email will be a fine thing for Fiverr? I assume, they'll take it as negative step?

You can not ask anyone for their e-mail address outside of an active order, and even inside the active order, you can only do so if it's absolutely required to complete the service they have hired you for. 

So no, you can't ask them for that. But you can use the information in the logs and put two and two together, for example if someone with the address of johndoe @ gmail. com accessed the file, and you know that someone named johndoe92 contacted you in your inbox here on Fiverr at some point. It's easy to put two and two together. It's not a guaranteed method, but it might help you narrow down your search for the perpetrator. 🙂

Edited by smashradio
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, smashradio said:

You can not ask anyone for their e-mail address outside of an active order, and even inside the active order, you can only do so if it's absolutely required to complete the service they have hired you for. 

So no, you can't ask them for that. But you can use the information in the logs and put two and two together, for example if someone with the address of johndoe @ gmail. com accessed the file, and you know that someone named johndoe92 contacted you in your inbox here on Fiverr at some point. It's easy to put two and two together. It's not a guaranteed method, but it might help you narrow down your search for the perpetrator. 🙂

Thank you so much for wonderful input

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1