Don't be like this guy

Alex.M

Even if you're having a rough day or whatever , try not to be like this guy over here ... As funny as it might seem this kind of behavior  could even get you (the seller ) in trouble if you respond in the same manner as this lovely user who contacted me. Always be careful when you are dealing with someone like this...  

By the way he hasn't been banned yet , I wanted to suggest him to contact support but I realize that it would be useless after his second reply. 

11.jpg

• Like 9
  • Haha 7
  • Sad 3

14 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

They don't realize Fiverr can do an IP ban

it's not that efficient though... there are ways of opening new accounts even if your IP was banned ( ask me how 😅 , just kidding ) but yes for the average user an IP ban should be enough... Even if he starts a new account with this kind of attitude / behavior he won't last long here. 

15 minutes ago, brand_new_art said:

this is terrible

I find it more funny than terrible that's why I wanted to share this 😄  

• Like 11
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, donnovan86 said:

Poeple trying to cheat the system and trying to start a brand new account. They don't realize Fiverr can do an IP ban.. :)) and a variety of other methods can be used to ensure he never has another account.

An IP ban is easy to get past. Most of the time, a modem reboot is all it takes. 

But yes, Fiverr uses a number of techniques to stop users from registering multiple accounts. I'm sure they use cookies, IPs, device IDs, in addition to phone numbers, a database of Paypal and Payoneer accounts, ID verification and user reports to mention a few. We used to do this all the time back when I worked at an online community. Connecting the dots is usually very simple, because most people will make at least one mistake. 

• Like 11
  • Up 1

1 hour ago, cre8iveartwork said:

I find it more funny than terrible that's why I wanted to share this 😄  

Besides the fact that this is obviously sad and pathetic, I agree with you seeing the funny side of it especially the last message 🙈

The use of the clown is very fitting I must say too. Nice creative choice! 

• Like 11

1 hour ago, smashradio said:

An IP ban is easy to get past. Most of the time, a modem reboot is all it takes. 

Sure, but if he only has a dedicated IP, unless he uses VPN, it can be quite efficient. As you said, they have all kinds of data and tools to stop these people.. 

• Like 9
  • Up 1

33 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

Sure, but if he only has a dedicated IP, unless he uses VPN, it can be quite efficient. As you said, they have all kinds of data and tools to stop these people.. 

its a cat and mouse game really, people will always somehow be able to trick the system and a platform can only go so far not to negatively impact the average user experience. A person dedicated enough could always slip through, but all the tools you mentioned are efficient enough to get rid of most people who try something like this. 

• Like 9