Q2 2022 Fiverr shareholder report provides great insight on the future direction of Fiverr. Thoughts?

williambryan392

"The rise of the creator economy is the latest trend that Fiverr is able to lean into. Independent content creators, curators and community builders often operate in a solopreneur or small business fashion, with limited resources and a high cadence of digital needs especially in content and digital marketing. Fiverr’s unique e-commerce model - fast, cost efficient, global talent access - resonates well with this community."

I feel seen. Just wish there was an easier way to find and connect with similar creators/buyers to share relevant tips and strategies. (The Tips for Buyers forum tends to just be sellers indirectly self-promoting.)

• Like 17
  • Up 3

About where Fiverr stands right now:

and

As for future direction:

Remember how everyone occasionally complains about how Fiverr is sort of doomed by its own name and origin and therefore any attempts to pivot towards premium services will always fail?

Remember how I started saying that Fiverr is shifting towards perfecting their match-making vs just serving results à la Google?

Well, here is Fiverr’s solution

😉

• Like 13
  • Up 4
  • Thanks 2

22 hours ago, williambryan392 said:

What are your takeaways from this? Anything stand out for you?

Things that are important to Fiverr (and now more important to me and my business):

• Repeat Buyers  (these buyers contributed to over 62% of total revenue in the last 12 months)
  • Fiverr Business & the Fiverr Business Catalog of vetted sellers (buyers spending over $10k annually grew over 60%)
  • Other: Project Briefs, Subscriptions, Promoted Gigs, Fast Response Badges
22 hours ago, moikchap said:

Just wish there was an easier way to find and connect with similar creators/buyers to share relevant tips and strategies. (The Tips for Buyers forum tends to just be sellers indirectly self-promoting.)

I agree with you on the Tips for Buyers. It's discouraging that the few "real" tips for buyers are just buried under mountain of "tips" from sellers who know nothing about buying. It's almost impossible to find the good stuff. I find it easier to just follow people like you who are buyers (I only know of 2). I really liked your post on how you use the Saved Gigs feature in your vetting process. That's the kind of helpful information that I'd like to see more of in the Tips for Buyers. I find a ton of information on how to be a better seller, but almost nothing on how to be a better buyer.

4 hours ago, frank_d said:

Remember how everyone occasionally complains about how Fiverr is sort of doomed by its own name and origin and therefore any attempts to pivot towards premium services will always fail?

Remember how I started saying that Fiverr is shifting towards perfecting their match-making vs just serving results à la Google?

Well, here is Fiverr’s solution

Your words piqued my interest in all of Fiverr's companies: Togetherr, Stoke Talent, CreativeLive, ClearVoice, Working Not Working, and SLT Consulting. It's really interesting to see how aggressively they are moving forward with these initiatives (and their reasoning behind all these acquisitions). I'm excited to see all the new changes that are coming!

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, newsmike said:

It is not geared for VO yet. 

I noticed, but I'm also a copywriter/journalist for hire, and they have copywriters on there. I hope they will add VO to the platform soon, though. It's my preferred work. Just landed a job for Verifone. I'm not sure why, but even after doing this for 11 years, I'm like a kid in the candy store every time a big client comes along. I hope Togetherr can be a platform for more work like that, and less IVRs for Plumber Johson & Sons. 🤣

Edited by smashradio
  • Like 8

1 minute ago, williambryan392 said:

Go smash! Nice work! That's got to be one of the biggest clients using fiverr (massive guess on my part!).

Thanks! It's a big client, for sure, but it wasn't on Fiverr. I've worked with many big clients on Fiverr over the years – and the biggest one is probably Pfizer out of the ones I've been working with – but I'm not really sure who is the "biggest" client on Fiverr, to be honest. I know more and more big ones are getting things done with Fiverr Business. 

• Like 10

21 hours ago, smashradio said:

I noticed, but I'm also a copywriter/journalist for hire, and they have copywriters on there. I hope they will add VO to the platform soon, though. It's my preferred work. Just landed a job for Verifone. I'm not sure why, but even after doing this for 11 years, I'm like a kid in the candy store every time a big client comes along. I hope Togetherr can be a platform for more work like that, and less IVRs for Plumber Johson & Sons. 🤣

I got some clarification from my SM on the "Togetherr" rollout as to whether it would include VO in the future; copied below.  @frank_d

image.thumb.png.449111df5066dc876360296a74c27518.png

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, newsmike said:

Sure, now lets get back to not being a "top creative talent for marketing campaigns." 

I've heard that's a new business niche with lots of opportunities. I mean, not being a "top creative talent for marketing campaigns". Grab'em while you can. 

Edited by smashradio
  • Like 8

It is obvious to me that Fiverr has some incredibly obvious hurtles to jump over.  This is one of the oddest sites I have ever been to. 

I am a buyer - my first time here.  On my first order, the content of the first project was practically the polar opposite of what I asked for and so I cancelled the order and asked for a refund. I was never contacted about me refund, nothing ever stated that it was being processed. The day of the cancellation my account said I had $1266 in it. I asked for a refund and the next day my account had $0 in it. Nothing about "Refund Pending" or "Your refund is being processed - please understand that it may take several days for the funds to show up in your account". 

At the same time, I had another order from around the same initial time as the order stated above. They kept telling me it was almost finished until I finally cancelled the order in exasperation. Then they said they were very sorry and that the work was done. So I contacted them again and asked for them to send me the same invoice as last time and I reordered.  That was Aug 3rd, and again since then they have given me basically the same line over and over again "it is done, and it will be delivered later today". 

On another note:

I also realized from these first experiences with Fiverr, that your rating system is complete bullshit. Whenever a job is cancelled because the seller is slow, unresponsive or completely delusional regarding what they can do - the buyer cannot review the person. 

Imagine if AirBnB were to use this format?  I decide on a place to stay and I travel there expecting to get a key - but they don't deliver the key, don't let me in, do not deliver anything like what they say and then I cancel my reservation. And then I don't get any response from AirBnB, they do not let me know a Refund is being processed and the person I rented from continues to have 5 star reviews.

This is Fiverr. 

You need to have a very clear initial trial period with sellers - they need to be under close scrutiny for at least the first 10 jobs. 

You need to have refunds done like it is not a 3rd world enterprise or some kid in 8th grade.

You need to have actual employed people respond at some point - that is a person who is not an avatar, but has a beating heart and lives in real time.

• Like 6

22 minutes ago, daviddoyle621 said:

You need to have a very clear initial trial period with sellers - they need to be under close scrutiny for at least the first 10 jobs. 

You need to have refunds done like it is not a 3rd world enterprise or some kid in 8th grade.

You need to have actual employed people respond at some point - that is a person who is not an avatar, but has a beating heart and lives in real time.

it would probably be cost prohibitive to do across the board, but for gigs and transactions in the price range your describing, it has to make economic sense to do those things. Especially the third thing, for someone who's immediately dropping 1k+ right off the bat. It takes me months to spend that much. Maybe they just need to massage the triggers on when someone is offered/enrolled in VID or a similar funnel. Like, the average buyer spends 260 bucks in a year. That's one order worth five buyers. If you're going to use retention tactics, gotta start at the top, and that should be pretty close. (By my own napkin math, presuming the power law holds true, spending 3k in a year puts someone in the top 1% of buyers.)

• Like 5

Just one last note:

It has been over two weeks since I asked for a refund.

In that time I have never recieved a notice regarding even a recognition that a refund exists. One day my account said $1266 in credits, and then I asked for a refund and my account has for two weeks simply said $0 regarding that money.

Also, on the cancelled order is says "Resolved". To date I have received nothing stating that my refund is taking place, nothing telling me anything. Funds were there one day and then gone for the next few weeks. Not one response from anyone - not even an automated response. 

How is it possible that anyone would do business with this level of intolerable silence?  

And so far - the only response here is from sellers - do actual humans even exist here that represent the company?

I am getting badges for participating - is that all it takes?

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, daviddoyle621 said:

do actual humans even exist here that represent the company

On the forum? Not that I can recall having seen. I believe even most or all of the moderators are sellers. I may have seen someone claiming to be a Fiverr employee once.
Or, do you mean even Customer Support is not responding? Historically they've responded to me in about two hours. Has your ticket been open two weeks in zendesk?

• Like 5

15 hours ago, daviddoyle621 said:

Just one last note:

In that time I have never recieved a notice regarding even a recognition that a refund exists. One day my account said $1266 in credits, and then I asked for a refund and my account has for two weeks simply said $0 regarding that money.

Also, on the cancelled order is says "Resolved". To date I have received nothing stating that my refund is taking place, nothing telling me anything. Funds were there one day and then gone for the next few weeks. Not one response from anyone - not even an automated response. 

How is it possible that anyone would do business with this level of intolerable silence?  

And so far - the only response here is from sellers - do actual humans even exist here that represent the company?

I am getting badges for participating - is that all it takes?

I'm sorry you had a negative first experience. Ouch. That was a lot of money. I normally do small "tests" to make sure the sellers I buy from are competent (I learned my lesson, too). Now I buy from leveled sellers with many good reviews. 

If you canceled through the Resolution Center, Customer Support was probably not contact at all. You were dealing with an automatic system. So no one will respond. To contact a live person via the Zendesk that @moikchap was talking about, you'll need to submit a ticket here:

https://www.fiverr.com/support_tickets/new

or email Customer Support here:

support@fiverr.com

Please allow Customer Support up to 12 hours to respond to your ticket. (yes, it is long, and it took me 3 months to find Customer Service...so I feel your pain there). However, once I found out how to contact them, they have helped me with all my issues. Hopefully they are helpful to you too!

• Like 6
  • Up 4

Thank you everyone for your helpful suggestions. 

The larger order was from a "Pro" and appeared to come with all sorts of assurances. Now that I am familiar with the rating process it is clear that this is a gambling site.

You really need to "read" the players and try to figure out if they are bluffing.

Apparently the automated refund process can take your money and have it appear to just be gone - with no receipt or correspondence. (is this Russia?)

I will contact the secret code and hopefully be in touch with something that has flesh and blood soon. Then you will definitely not see me here again.

It is a shame to see a company that was so out front and known be on the way to oblivion. They lost money for the longest time - cannot imagine how they will continue forward without being eaten up by the professional companies that are growing.

Anyway - thank you here for directing me to - How to get to a human by bypassing AI "customer support" and actually getting a refund (possibly) rather than thinking you are getting one and sitting on your hands for weeks with no idea what is going on. (Who does business like this???)

• Sad 5

On 8/12/2022 at 12:13 AM, daviddoyle621 said:

Just one last note:

Hi. Unless you're fine with getting your refund to your Fiverr balance, you need to create a ticket. This is from Fiverr's payment terms (that page is also linked in the their ToS):

Refunds
  • Fiverr does not automatically refund payments made for canceled orders back to your payment provider. Funds from order cancellations are returned to the Buyer's Fiverr Balance and are available for future purchases on Fiverr. Until January 1, 2019, funds returned to your Fiverr Balance from canceled orders will not include service fees paid. As of January 1, 2019, Fiverr returns service fees to your Fiverr Balance once an order is canceled. In any event, if the service fees were not returned to your Fiverr Balance following an order cancelation, such service fees’ amount will be exempted from your next purchase on Fiverr. 

• Deposit refunds (i.e. refunds directly to your payment provider) can be performed by our Customer Support team, based on the Order’s original payment amount and currency. 

I hope you'll get this settled soon and will have a much better experience, if you decide to use Fiverr again at some point; there are awesome people here, and if you read the terms and some stuff in the Help Center beforehand, you'll be able to navigate through potential issues far more smoothly if they arise.

• Like 4
  • Up 3

@daviddoyle621, did you try to email Customer Support directly at support@fiverr.com? And do you have an open support ticket?

In order to contact someone at Fiverr, you have to create a support ticket. The only way to do that is by email or by the harder method that I described in the post below.

Email might be the easiest way for you to get a hold of them. With the link method, you still have to click on several subjects before you get to the actual support ticket to submit (see explanation below):

Edited by vickieito
  • Like 5