Account flagged due to low quality delivery!

On 6/24/2021 at 10:24 AM, theratypist said:

Did they say you were restricted?

Hello, Please I got a mail that my account has been restricted due to low delivery, this is a shock because I have never delivered a copied or substandard script. 

However, is there a probability I will get my account back? 

• Like 17
  • Sad 1

Hello everyone. I am a proofreader and I got a mail saying:

Your profile was flagged for low-quality deliveries, and for not meeting our criteria to deliver high-quality work. For more information, please review our Terms of Service.

As a result, your account is currently under review by our Trust and Safety team. During this period of review, you will be able to complete your active orders. However, you cannot place or receive new orders nor can you communicate with users, other than your Buyers/Sellers within an existing and active order. This decision was taken after careful consideration and cannot be reversed.

The reason for my confusion now is that I've never delivered a low-quality work. I'm a level-two seller who has about 30 good reviews. None of my clients ever complained about my delivery. Does anyone have an idea why this is happening?

• Like 20

On 8/1/2022 at 1:49 PM, philpen24 said:

The reason for my confusion now is that I've never delivered a low-quality work. I'm a level-two seller who has about 30 good reviews. None of my clients ever complained about my delivery. Does anyone have an idea why this is happening?

Buyers can leave negative private feedback to Fiverr. Buyers are far more likely to be honest about their experience when they are anonymous. They feel uncomfortable telling it to your face or in public, but that doesn't mean they won't tell Fiverr about it. 

If your account got suspended this could mean that you received such feedback, or that a buyer reported you to customer support. Normally, an account won't be suspended for no reason, so there's most likely some evidence against you in this matter. The job of the trust and safety team is to carefully review that evidence to determine if your account shall remain on the platform or not. 

There is nothing you can do to influence this process. All you can do is wait, I'm afraid. 

You could try to contact customer support to ask for further clarification. They might be able to tell you a bit more about what's going on, but don't expect details about the reports/evidence they might have against you, as they most likely won't give you that. 

On 8/1/2022 at 10:38 AM, your_1_writer said:

this is a shock because I have never delivered a copied or substandard script. 

You might not think so, but if a buyer thinks you did, that's probably the reason. 

I would be inclined to think that Fiverr is tightening down on their quality control of gigs, since this is the second topic on this I've seen in a short while. 

On 8/1/2022 at 10:38 AM, your_1_writer said:

However, is there a probability I will get my account back? 

As the message you've received said: your account is under review. This does not mean that it's gone forever. It means that the Trust and Safety team will now review your recent and relevant deliveries, to consider if you shall remain on the platform or not. That has not been decided yet, so yes, there is a chance that you could get your account back. Or not. We can't give you any further details here on the forum, since we're just sellers like yourself. 

Edited by smashradio
  • Like 30

I have this issue too, I have over 95 5 star reviews and I have never made a low quality delivery. I got the email today and I've sent a mail to CS but no reply yet, I hope they give me back my account as soon as possible. 

On 8/1/2022 at 2:30 PM, smashradio said:

You might not think so, but if a buyer thinks you did, that's probably the reason. 

I would be inclined to think that Fiverr is tightening down on their quality control of gigs, since this is the second topic on this I've seen in a short while. 

As the message you've received said: your account is under review. This does not mean that it's gone forever. It means that the Trust and Safety team will now review your recent and relevant deliveries, to consider if you shall remain on the platform or not. That has not been decided yet, so yes, there is a chance that you could get your account back. Or not. We can't give you any further details here on the forum, since we're just sellers like yourself. 

Yes, I hope I will get my account back because I offer unlimited revision and I see no reason why a client will feel my work is low quality and he won't ask for revision, rather he will accept it, give good review only to flag my account. It's unfair. 

Anyways, I await their decision. 

• Like 21
  • Sad 2

2 minutes ago, your_1_writer said:

Yes, I hope I will get my account back because I offer unlimited revision and I see no reason why a client will feel my work is low quality and he won't ask for revision, rather he will accept it, give good review only to flag my account. It's unfair. 

Anyways, I await their decision. 

I've worked with sellers before who also offer unlimited revisions (a bad idea, by the way, to offer unlimited revisions). Even so, there have been times when their first delivery shows be that they obviously aren't professionals. In those cases, I wouldn't waste my time asking for revisions at all. An example would be if you order a translation and what you get in return is machine translated. Then you know that seller is just a scammer.

I'm not saying that you are, or that you did anything like this: I'm just saying that buyers could simply report you for low quality instead of spending time asking for revisions if they think it would be a waste of time. 

• Like 20

1 hour ago, philpen24 said:

Even though I set my gigs at "unlimited revisions?" Perhaps someone reported me before giving me a second chance to revise their document. 

Yes. Because a buyer will sometimes think that it would be a waste of time to ask for a revision. An example would be if I ordered a translation, but received a machine translation. In that moment, I would simply know that the buyer is a scammer and report the person, rather than ask for a revision. 

I'm not saying that is what you did; I'm just illustrating that a buyer can opt to report you for low quality instead of working with you to solve it. If that is the reasonable thing to do or not, depends on the situation. 

35 minutes ago, philpen24 said:

Guys I think they've restricted my account. 

Based on your initial e-mail, yes, your account was restricted. 

Here are the two types of account restriction, copied from the Fiverr Help and Education Center. 

--------

Two kinds of disabled accounts 

Restricted

The account is partially disabled.
The customer, either buyer or seller, can access the account, withdraw funds, complete ongoing orders, and review their order history. They cannot place or receive new orders, nor can they communicate with other customers through inbox messages.  seller's Gigs will not show on the marketplace, and buyers will not be able to place new orders. Once an account is temporarily disabled, the customer needs to wait for the trial period (which can take upwards of 90 days) to be completed—to know if the account will be restored or permanently disabled. 

Customer Support can neither influence the result of this review nor can they update the customer on the review's end date. 

Permanently Disabled

The account was disabled and will not be restored.
When this happens, the customer cannot log into the account at all, and the reason it was disabled was due to a serious violation of our Terms of Service. Sellers with funds available for withdrawal will need to wait 90 days to withdraw, as described in our Terms of Service.

Sellers will then receive an automatic email that allows them 7 days to withdraw the funds.
Buyers can receive an immediate refund of any funds available on their Fiverr Balance.  

------------

You can read more here: https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/360014585217-Why-accounts-are-disabled#:~:text=Restricted,other customers through inbox messages.

At this point, you could contact support for clarification on what happened, but they can't influence or change the outcome of your situation. It's a different team handling these cases. But you can relay information you think might be relevant to them, and they will send it over to the Trust and Safety team. 

• Like 16
  • Haha 1
  • Thanks 3

To be honest, just based on your comments on the forum, it's clear your standard of English isn't really high enough to be selling services as a professional writer, if you're selling this in English. When you're selling a service here, buyers do expect it to be a professional kind of standard, which doesn't include things like grammatical mistakes etc. If you're clearly not actually at that level of quality, why would someone bother wasting their time with revisions? In the same way that if someone is not good enough at painting, unlimited revisions won't improve the painting enough if someone is looking for a professional artwork.

To echo @smashradio, please rethink offering unlimited deliveries. For multiple reasons:

1. It makes you seem less professional. Why would someone delivering a professional service require more than a couple of changes to deliver a perfect order? I only offer one revision, and then people can pay if they would like additional changes.
2. You can be taken advantage of. I've seen many posts here where sellers are panicking because their buyer has asked for nearly a HUNDRED free revisions. This is a huge waste of time for you as a seller, but fiverr cannot help you because this is what you have promised. If you really insist on a high revision cap, leave it at something like 5-10. The maximum you would realistically be happy to do.

• Like 23

My account flagged due to low quality work!

I have 2k reviews with 4.9 rating and I don't know how i am delivery low quality work!

(I checked your account again, and, unfortunately, your account is not eligible to be restored due to having been flagged by the system as delivering low-quality work to buyers. ) 

• Like 20
  • Sad 10

1 minute ago, smashradio said:

Yeah I suspected as much. Let's pop the cork. 

I can only assume lots of these people are logo designers and they were using templates or logos created by others. I saw a lot of these recently. I don't know if that's the case for this OP, but it might very well be that.. We do need real professionals here, so any attempt to clean up is welcomed in my book. 

• Like 27

1 hour ago, donnovan86 said:

We do need real professionals here, so any attempt to clean up is welcomed in my book. 

Same here. It's an ongoing issue. Far too many scammers, uneducated people and sellers with no real skills have been allowed valuable space on Fiverr until now. A cleanup is sorely needed. 

• Like 25
  • Up 7

2 hours ago, smashradio said:

Same here. It's an ongoing issue. Far too many scammers, uneducated people and sellers with no real skills have been allowed valuable space on Fiverr until now. A cleanup is sorely needed. 

What is interesting to me is that most accounts I've seen so far that got flagged this way seemed to have had hundreds of orders (or more.) I guess Fiverr is setting a standard for everyone? I did see a post today that someone (or their friend, idunno) was rejected when trying to apply so... this could very well be the start of a new era.

I'll almost miss all the spammers. No one else ever calls me bro... 😞 

• Like 20
  • Haha 10
  • Up 1

58 minutes ago, katakatica said:

What is interesting to me is that most accounts I've seen so far that got flagged this way seemed to have had hundreds of orders (or more.) I guess Fiverr is setting a standard for everyone? I did see a post today that someone (or their friend, idunno) was rejected when trying to apply so... this could very well be the start of a new era.

I'll almost miss all the spammers. No one else ever calls me bro... 😞 

Yeah, they don't appear to be exclusively new, low-level sellers. If this system takes you down after a single or a few disgruntled clients, buyers now how an entirely new weapon at their disposal. It seems to be an automatic procedure as well. It would be strange if Fiverr kicks some of their best-selling sellers to the curb because of a single or a few flags, so i'm curious about the metrics used. But I guess we'll find out. I'm very positive to this, so don't get me wrong, but if they are kicking level two sellers with hundreds of five-star reviews off the platform for this, perhaps it doesn't take much. 

I'll call you bro! 

• Like 19
  • Up 5

14 hours ago, anna_dxnr said:

I have 2k reviews with 4.9 rating and I don't know how i am delivery low quality work!

(I checked your account again, and, unfortunately, your account is not eligible to be restored due to having been flagged by the system as delivering low-quality work to buyers. ) 

maybe, ask them which exact deliveries were flagged for low quality!?

• Like 19

This is phase 1. That's all I can say.

Fiverr wasn't very open about how they are judging the quality, however, the trigger is manual.

I have been saying it for a long time now: private reviews, people. Public ratings mean nothing.

If your buyer admits in their private review that they received something different than what was advertised, or that they aren't all that happy, but they had a deadline, Fiverr investigates.

Fiverr is cleaning up house. And if sellers hate phase 1, they will definitely don't like phase 2. 🙂 

• Like 28
  • Up 4
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, frank_d said:

If your buyer admits in their private review that they received something different than what was advertised, or that they aren't all that happy, but they had a deadline, Fiverr investigates.

Aren't the private review screens still the same options as before or have they changed them (eg. the options on them) very recently? I didn't think there were any text fields in the current private review screens.

Also how many "low quality delivery" flags are allowed? Just 1? Isn't a specific number of deliveries classed by a buyer (or even CS) as low/lower quality a bit unfair to those who deliver many deliveries (eg. if you're delivering many deliveries you've probably more chance of someone giving a low rating, but the average rating of all that seller's deliveries would be likely be no lower). Is it fair to remove some level 2 seller's account with thousands of reviews based on 1 or 2 people's subjective opinion of what was delivered?

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 24
  • Up 1

18 minutes ago, uk1000 said:

Aren't the private review screens still the same options as before or have they changed them (eg. the options on them) very recently? I didn't think there were any text fields in the current private review screens.

Yes there are no fields, however, Fiverr asks the buyer to rate the quality of the delivery. Twice. Once compared to what they paid for, and once just about the actual quality of the delivery, without taking cost into consideration.

So when a buyer rates the quality of the delivery as "very poor", Fiverr investigates.

When they visit the seller's profile, if their demo images are from an Apple campaign and then the delivery looks like it was meticulously crafted in MS paint by a cat with brain damage, they flag/ban the account.

• Like 28
  • Up 2

4 hours ago, frank_d said:

Fiverr wasn't very open about how they are judging the quality, however, the trigger is manual.

Manual = good in my book. 

I have been saying it for a long time now: private reviews, people. Public ratings mean nothing.

Indeed. I've been saying the same. 

Fiverr is cleaning up house. And if sellers hate phase 1, they will definitely don't like phase 2. 🙂 

I don't drink, but if I did, you'd know that champagne cork pop is coming! 

36 minutes ago, williambryan392 said:

There will be sad times for some sellers ahead, but I expect overall happier times for both sellers and buyers alike.

Judgement day is here. And I'm lovin' it. 

Edited by smashradio
  • Like 23