Client wants refund because i don't want to work with him in future projects

sonofan

Question

I had a client who asked me for a budget for a project of 4 silhuetes of humans with muscles on them. He asked for the delivery to be made on a SVG file and i assumed that would okay since he offered 100$ for it. The problem was that he made an initial order, saying that if he enjoyed the result of the first silhuete(which he paid 30$ for), he would continue the process. I worked on the first silhuete and the ammount of revisions he wanted to keep making and the fact that he didn't want the deliver in a single SVG file, but 1 SVG FILE FOR EACH SINGLE MUSCLE. I finished the order since we agreed on that, but i messaged him saying that now i would have to charge 100$ for the each one of the next three silhuetes because the ammount of time spent was way higher than i initually predicted because he didn't explain how precise he wanted things to be. Now he said that he wants a refund because he doesn't want to pay me the appropriate wage and he can't use the first silhuete without the other 3 being just like it, but i already did the work and delivered what he asked me, he even gave me a 5 star review on the order. Is fiverr going to take his side and give his refund anyways or is there hope for me? and if he refunds his order after already accepting it, will it destroy my gig ranking?

I am really scared and i feel like i am being scammed, and the worst part is that i think fiverr will not only take the side of the scammer, but penalize me for it alongside that. I don't want to lose my gig ranking because of a client who is just ripping me off and i hope there is a light in the end of the tunnel here. Thanks for your attention.

• Like 4

1 answer to this question

6 hours ago, sonofan said:

Is fiverr going to take his side and give his refund anyways or is there hope for me? and if he refunds his order after already accepting it

I'm sorry you had to experience this. 

Fiverr might very well take his side. It depends on how much time they put into an investigation of what happened. So we can't say for sure what will happen. What should happen, based on what you've shared here on the forum, is a resounding "no" to the buyer. If you delivered what was agreed upon, the buyer should have no right to cancel the order. 

He will need to have some sort of evidence to show Trust & Safety that you didn't deliver what was specified. If he can't do that, the order should not be canceled. But mistakes do happen. 

will it destroy my gig ranking?

Cancelations can hurt your gig ranking. If it will "destroy" it or not, depends on how many orders you normally get in a month. Your order completion rate is measured as a percentage of completed gigs in a 60-day period. In other words, if you get lots of orders every month, a single cancelation will only make a small dent in your order completion rate. 

But if you only get a few orders each month, then yes, it can have a great impact on your ranking. That is why it's so important to have regular clients who will keep ordering from you, even if your gig doesn't show up in search as much. That can really help you get out of this debacle. 

I am really scared and i feel like i am being scammed, and the worst part is that i think fiverr will not only take the side of the scammer, but penalize me for it alongside that. I don't want to lose my gig ranking because of a client who is just ripping me off and i hope there is a light in the end of the tunnel here. Thanks for your attention.

You can't know for sure what will happen. Don't be scared and stand your ground. If the seller ends up winning with Trust & Safety, you've learned a valuable lesson: always make sure you know as much as possible about a project, before you get started. It can help you avoid this in the future. You might get a dent in your completion rate and get scammed of 30 bucks, but that shouldn't hold you back from doing business. It is not how we deal with success that determine who we are, but how we deal with failures. 

Best of luck, and let's hope the buyer ends up with a resounding "no" from Fiverr. 

Edited by smashradio
  • Like 3