Wrong Currency Displayed

Randomly, this morning, my currency has changed to Swiss currency (CHF).

It's showing up like this on both the web browser as well as on the app (Android). I've checked and my language setting is set to English and I've not made any changes to profile since yesterday. My currency was changed however. And this isn't something I did.

I was able to change it back manually but what concerned me, and why I'm still reporting this bug, is that it originally changed without me knowing about or doing anything to make this change happen. I am reporting this to ensure no default settings being applied to other users, makes this unexpected change happen to someone else and causes them confusion.

Hope that's helpful!

Thanks,

Nate

Screen Shot 2022-08-03 at 12.08.20 PM.png

Edited by nsmadsen
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, nsmadsen said:

Randomly, this morning, my currency has changed to Swiss currency (CHF).

It's showing up like this on both the web browser as well as on the app (Android). I've checked and my language setting is set to English and I've not made any changes to profile since yesterday. My currency was changed however. And this isn't something I did.

I was able to change it back manually but what concerned me, and why I'm still reporting this bug, is that it originally changed without me knowing about or doing anything to make this change happen. I am reporting this to ensure no default settings being applied to other users, makes this unexpected change happen to someone else and causes them confusion.

Hope that's helpful!

Thanks,

Nate

Screen Shot 2022-08-03 at 12.08.20 PM.png

This has happened to me multiple times. The website switches over to Euros from time to time, even though I'm set to USD. A small annoyance, but an annoyance nonetheless. 

If you've been using a VPN, that could cause this, but I see no reason why this should happen to you if you're located in the US. I'm in Europe, so I sort of get why the system will sometimes default back to euros. 

I'm not 100% sure how often the Fiverr team checks the report a bug category on the forum. If you'd like, you can also submit a report directly to Fiverr here: 

https://www.fiverr.com/support_tickets/account-and-security/report-bug

• Like 1

Thanks for the response! I'm not using a VPN on this computer and am in the US.

I've definitely found several random setting changes here and there and can usually fix it on my own. But it does point to a larger concern to the why. 🙂 Thanks again!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, nsmadsen said:

But it does point to a larger concern to the why.

It depends, it might even be caused by the fact that you visit a seller's page, and that seller has a different currency. Just change it manually, nothing bad will happen 🙂

• Like 1