How does it work when purchased additional revisions aren't used?

smoochypooch

Question

So, I write character backstories for people.  With two of my longer packages I include free revisions.  On top of this I always offer then the option to pay more for one additional revisions just to make sure they are super happy with my interpretation of the character they will be roleplaying.

I recently had someone pre-emptively purchase an additional revision (giving them 3 total).  I delivered their order and they did not review it during the three day period because they were travelling.

(As a quick aside, I found this odd in general as they also paid extra for it to be done early which... why would you do that if you don't plan on looking at it until a few days after the original deadline... but anyway I digress.)

So... they ended up not using any of their revisions (even the free ones).  Does the system realise that they paid extra for a service they didn't utilise and give them their money back?  If that is the case does it subtract it before I get it or is it taken out of my fiverr account after I receive the full payment.  If I'm being honest, I feel bad pocketing the $5 when I really didn't do anything to earn it.

As a follow up question, they sent no tip and posted no review.  Did they not have the opportunity to because the 3-day review window closed already?  I've never ordered from fiverr before so I am not sure what exactly buyers can see and interact with.

Edited by smoochypooch
  • Like 5

4 answers to this question

13 minutes ago, studiolo1 said:

They could post a review even after 3 days If they wanted to... Tip is not ,,Must,, . nobody  never tipped me before :))

That's super fair.  To clarify, I am not always expecting a tip.  I don't price with the expectation of receiving a tip.  This however is the third order I've done for this person.  The first time they tipped; the second time they didn't as I accidentally sent them a 12page piece with 2 typos.  To me, not tipping was fair, I messed up and it took me six hours to rectify it as they let me know when I was asleep for the night.  That's the only reason why I was thinking a tip may be on the table potentially however I do not expect a tip normally.  Tips are just a happy bonus if they happen.  Both of the previous times though I received a review, so not receiving one was a little unexpected.  I am glad to hear that they can review a few days later.  Obviously they are not obligated to but as a new fiverr seller a review gives me feedback on writing decisions I made so that I know where I can go and what I can improve on.  On this piece in particular I took really big risks with how I went about developing the story and wanted a bit of feedback to know if what I did 'works' for the sort of backstories I write.

Edited by smoochypooch
  • Like 5

20 minutes ago, smoochypooch said:

Does the system realise that they paid extra for a service they didn't utilise and give them their money back?  If that is the case does it subtract it before I get it or is it taken out of my fiverr account after I receive the full payment.  If I'm being honest, I feel bad pocketing the $5 when I really didn't do anything to earn it.

No it does not. A revision that is not used was still included, but the buyer foregoes any revisions when completing the order. They won't get a refund for those. 

Don't feel bad. The buyer ordered it as a safety precaution in case they needed it (most likely). 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, smoochypooch said:

That's super fair.  To clarify, I am not always expecting a tip.  I don't price with the expectation of receiving a tip.  This however is the third order I've done for this person.  The first time they tipped; the second time they didn't as I accidentally sent them a 12page piece with 2 typos.  To me, not tipping was fair, I messed up and it took me six hours to rectify it as they let me know when I was asleep for the night.  That's the only reason why I was thinking a tip may be on the table potentially however I do not expect a tip normally.  Tips are just a happy bonus if they happen.  Both of the previous times though I received a review, so not receiving one was a little unexpected.  I am glad to hear that they can review a few days later.  Obviously they are not obligated to but again... as a new fiverr seller a review gives me feedback on writing decisions I made so that I know where I can go and what I can improve on.  On this piece in particular I took really big risks with how I went about developing the story and wanted a bit of feedback to know if what I did 'works' for the sort of backstories I write.

I absolutely understand what you mean... but don`t take all this too personal... look at it as a business... client is always right :)) Actually there are different types of buyers from friendly and professional people to neurastenic unprofessionals ... you do your best and deliver... that`s it :)

• Like 5