📈 Fiverr Simplified: Two Tips To Selling More & Earning More

vickieito

Excellent advice! I can't count how many times a day I get people asking me for work or projects instead of improving their gigs and services.

I would suggest one other major tip that ties in with professionalism and communication: LANGUAGE. Learn the language you're communicating in if you're not fluent in it. It's unfortunate because I see so many talented people offering great services at exceptional prices, but the seller can't communicate. If you're advertising that you speak "fluent English/French/Spanish/Etc.," buyers are going to know whether you're lying almost instantly.

You're amazing at coaching btw, perhaps you should create a "career coaching" gig lol 🤪

Thanks again for the tips!

• Like 43
  • Haha 1

On 8/3/2022 at 10:40 PM, katakatica said:

but... what truly changed is the way I provide my services (aka, write for people.) Knowing how to ask the right questions is incredibly hard when you get one-worded answers (or, the opposite, and 5 pages per question, though I'd say that's better.) In the end I think freelancing made my social skills skyrocket because I learned how to navigate different people and their needs in a while.

Thanks @katakatica! This is the real game changer. How we provide our services makes all the difference to our customers. I also agree it can be really hard to know how to respond to each customer because they are all so different. I have customers who want detailed updates and others who only respond in emojis or short texts like "TY." Like you, I'm also learning how to deal with people (and difficult situations) better because of my freelance work.

On 8/4/2022 at 12:15 PM, ashleymahan217 said:

I would suggest one other major tip that ties in with professionalism and communication: LANGUAGE. Learn the language you're communicating in if you're not fluent in it. It's unfortunate because I see so many talented people offering great services at exceptional prices, but the seller can't communicate.

@ashleymahan217 - I agree with you there! Being able to sell people what they want requires great communication and social skills (as @katakatica mentioned). It's hard enough for those fluent in English. Those with the limited language abilities also have to learn English so they can ask the right questions and understand their customers' answers.

On 8/3/2022 at 11:57 PM, smashradio said:

This is where most fail, in my opinion. They think Fiverr is an easy way to earn quick cash without having an education, without having a unique skill, and without doing much work.

..."without doing much work." I think that's exactly the stigma that we are dealing with here on Fiverr, @smashradio!

The first time I first learned about Fiverr, I heard that someone was making money singing the "Happy Birthday" song with their goat. I thought, "If someone can make money singing with their goat, surely I could do better than that!" 😂 Now I know that goat singing isn't a high-demand skill and it probably didn't make that much money. However, it made the news just because that person "made money." That's all people need to hear to get interested in Fiverr.

I also see many newbies on the forum with the mindset that it's Fiverr's job to give them orders and all they need to do is sign up and create a gig. They are shocked when they find out that's not the case.

On 8/3/2022 at 11:57 PM, smashradio said:

A food scientist for 17 years? I don't know why, but I always thought you were in your 20s. 😂

Sorry I'm much older! I started to work in several food laboratories when I was 19 years old, including an analytical testing lab and sensory lab (i.e., taste testing and other organoleptic tests).

• Like 37
  • Up 1

3 hours ago, vickieito said:

..."without doing much work." I think that's exactly the stigma that we are dealing with here on Fiverr, @smashradio!

The first time I first learned about Fiverr, I heard that someone was making money singing the "Happy Birthday" song with their goat.

Ah yes, the goat. There's also a guy with the gig "I will call you and tell you I love you" (but only for girls). 

3 hours ago, vickieito said:

Sorry I'm much older! I started to work in several food laboratories when I was 19 years old, including an analytical testing lab and sensory lab (i.e., taste testing and other organoleptic tests).

Oh well. Take it as a compliment. We're only as old as we feel, right? I turned 33 the other day. I'm starting to make "dad-sounds" when I get up from the couch. 

• Like 35

• wp_kid locked this topic