Jump to content
  • 0

Any hidden way to see the Funds Clearing time (hour, minute)? 🤖


samus_x
 Share

Question

BIG DISCLAIMER: This topic was created out of curiosity but I believe (and hope) might also help some of you out there. 

I was browsing the Earnings tab of my profile and noticed, I SWEAR, for the FIRST TIME since I started here (spoiler: more than two years ago) an odd Fiverr UI feature. 🤔 The "loading bar" underlying the CLEARING box, does not grow only according to the date of clearance, but probably also according to the exact time of clearance.🕵️‍♂️ Why that? Elementary Watson, because funds that are going to be cleared on the same date have bars of different lenght! 

MINDBLOWING 🤯 guys, I am not joking, I don't know why. I know this is a small thing, but it gave me quite the "Eureka moment".

So... knowing this question might sound silly, I tried and looked to find the answer on my own, even using that F-11, developing, hacker mojo, hoodoo-mode, but alas, I am no rocket scientist so I could not find anything 🤷‍♂️

You forum people are my last resort to find the solution of the riddle haunting me in my sleep...

spacer.png

So here come the big-question-that-is-actually-quite-clear-from-the-title-but-I-want-to-make-it-100%-clear: Since it seems, from a UI point of view, that the exact time of Fund Clearing is already known to "the machines", is there a way for us humans to know it as well? 

  • Like 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 1
2 hours ago, samus_x said:

Maybe I did something wrong but according to my calculations these data make no sense.

You could see what time it actually clears (maybe it could clear late tonight). You could record the current time and what progress percentage it shows for the order or a few of your orders. Record the order completion dates & times of those orders (and make sure that what it shows for the completion time on the order page is correct according to your time-zone). Then if you notice the time one or more clear, see if you could have worked it out from the values you recorded.

eg. if at the current time it's 92.85% find out the amount of minutes it's taken between the order completion date & time and the current date & time, and multiply that number of mins to get the number of mins it will take in total. Then add that total mins to the order completion date & time to get the estimated order clearance date & time.

But if what it shows for the progress percentage isn't accurate you could contact CS for more info on the time of order clearances (eg. whether it only clears within a certain time range on various days due to bank working hours or something, whether the 7 days they specify is a maximum or just an approx nr of days - eg. if it could go over by x hours).

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 2
  • Up 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

On each order that it says is clearing it shows "view order" on the right hand side. Can't you just click on "view order", open it a new tab, then look at the time it shows the order completed. The time the order clears on the clearance date is probably about the same (unless the clocks went forward or back) I think.

edit: If you wanted to see by looking at "inspect" you might be able to check by the bar.progress-status width that it shows as a percentage. eg. if you know how many days it takes to clear and you know what percentage it's currently cleared you could probably work out the clearance time from that if you didn't want to click to view the order.

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 6
  • Sad 1
  • Up 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
On 8/1/2022 at 6:52 PM, uk1000 said:

On each order that it says is clearing it shows "view order" on the right hand side. Can't you just click on "view order", open it a new tab, then look at the time it shows the order completed. The time the order clears on the clearance date is probably about the same (unless the clocks went forward or back) I think.

edit: If you wanted to see by looking at "inspect" you might be able to check by the bar.progress-status width that it shows as a percentage. eg. if you know how many days it takes to clear and you know what percentage it's currently cleared you could probably work out the clearance time from that if you didn't want to click to view the order.

Yes, you are correct, I forgot to mention it. I have tried waiting for the exact time of the order completion, but the funds did not get cleared exactly 7 days later (that is my clearance time).

Instead, they got cleared 7 days + 2 hours after the order completion 🤔

Also, from what I've seen in the "inspect" section, there is no percentage that could help track the bar progress, or at least I did not find it 😔

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
58 minutes ago, samus_x said:

Yes, you are correct, I forgot to mention it. I have tried waiting for the exact time of the order completion, but the funds did not get cleared exactly 7 days later (that is my clearance time).

Instead, they got cleared 7 days + 2 hours after the order completion 🤔

You could ask CS for more info about it (the timing of it) through a support request. It may be something to do with the working hours of the bank they use, or maybe some time condition they set for some process/script on Fiverr's side. If it's the same additional hours each time you could take that into account in your calculation.

58 minutes ago, samus_x said:

Also, from what I've seen in the "inspect" section, there is no percentage that could help track the bar progress, or at least I did not find it 😔

See attached screenshot. If you right-click on the progress bar then select "inspect" it should show the "status-bar.progress-status" with the width near the top right of the screen.

eg.

.status-bar.progress-status div.day-10 {

     width: 71.42857%;

}
 
inspect-progress-bar-width.jpg.e016c45bb8ccd88abcf992b4fa504495.jpg
Edited by uk1000
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

Thank you for the percentage trick @uk1000! I still have no idea how I did not find it, there under my nose 😆

It still is a mystery though, for example my next clearing order was closed on July 28th at noon so logically, with a 7 days clearance, it should be cleared on August 4th at noon, but now (here is August 3rd, 10:47 in the morning) the progress bar is at 92.85%. Maybe I did something wrong but according to my calculations these data make no sense.

I'm even more confused now than before 😵 

The plot thickens...

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...