How can I gain favor with the algorithm?

akurionyx

I'd say I'm doing pretty well in my Fiverr journey thus far, but I just wanted to ensure that there aren't ways that I'm missing that I could use to improve my daily impression count. Things that other people state helps doesn't really seem to do much but give me more credibility to the people that've already clicked if that makes sense. EX: After getting a 5-star review from a first time buyer, for some reason my daily impression rate dropped by 30 rather than going up at all.

Some other ways I've used is:

- Repeat buyers

- Other 5-star reviews

- 1 hour response time

To be fair, the categories that my gigs in are probably the largest in Fiverr so I'm lucky that my gigs even show up on the first page, however, just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything that might help or be bringing down my chances.image.thumb.png.b5276e355900acd5068ee8477a1a78b1.png

Edited by akurionyx
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, akurionyx said:

Things that other people state helps doesn't really seem to do much but give me more credibility to the people that've already clicked if that makes sense. EX: After getting a 5-star review from a first time buyer, for some reason my daily impression rate dropped by 30 rather than going up at all.

Here's the thing: the algortihm rewards great work, happy clients and revenue (plus a bunch more things!). In other words, if you manage to create trust, you have a higher chance of converting the impressions into orders, and orders are far more important than impressions alone. You don't want to aim for the highest number of impressions. You want to aim for the highest number of dollars and the highest possible customer satisfaction rate. 

10 highly relevant impressions from buyers who are more likely to order your gig, is way better than 100 impressions to random buyers that aren't likely to order your gig. 

Receiving a five-star review does not mean that the buyer left positive private feedback to Fiverr, and that counts more than the public review. It could also be a buyer who didn't leave a public review, but instead left a negative private one to Fiverr. This could come from any one of the previous buyers you've had, and I see you had a few orders in the last part of july. 

Even positive feedback isn't guaranteed to give you more impressions. Things like how your competition is doing, the demand in your niche, weekends and holidays, factor in to this as well. Weekends and the day before it tends to be a bit slower for many sellers. This is to be expected, since people are signing off from work early to enjoy their weekend, rather than shopping on Fiverr. 

The most important thing you can do to "gain favor" with the algo is to do great work, deliver outstanding results and make sure your buyers are happy all the way. That increases the chance of you getting positive feedback and repeat clients, and those things will in turn lead to more business in the future. 

Edited by smashradio
  • Like 4
  • Up 1