So... any big plans for August?

katakatica

And here we are (a bit late, I apologise, I was out with COVID for a whole week, eek!) for our monthly check-in! 

So... what are you looking forward to in August? Is there anything you're NOT looking forward to? 

How's July been? 

(you can answer these questions both in relation to work and just whatever you're willing to share with us!)

July was... great for me in many ways, though it was my lowest month work-wise (mostly because I took most of it off, and THEN got sick because of course that's how it works. So... if we think about how I really only worked properly for a week, I think I did well! 

(Actually, I did get TRS this month so... that must mean something!)

That being said, my anxiety has been kind of rough. Had a few attacks while abroad, nothing bad but still a bit annoying, things seem to have calmed down a bit, though. It's really quite hot here (compared to the regular temperature I guess) so that's been annoying as well.

But August... August is gonna be interesting. I'm going to try working from an office (outside of home) as much as I can, so I'm looking forward to that quite a bit. I'm also trying to plan an 'adventure' weekend in a few weeks, though I've yet to really think of what we'll do! 

Something fun that's also happened lately is that I've started expanding my cooking repertoire. I've made ramen a few times and it's been a huge hit, but I'm also just using the wok in different ways as well AND just in general hunting down recipes for more fun stuff. As the weather will gradually get colder I'm planning to get an airfryer and 'fake-fry' some stuff in it!

I've also started (sort of) planning our trip for next summer, which is... terrifying as it's to a place I've never been (Japan!) Of course, things might still change because of COVID and all but especially this week while I was sick I started looking up places and stuff! 

I'm not sure if there's anything I'm explicitly not looking forward to this month, to be honest. I already have quite a lot of work due this month but I think it'll be fun - and hopefully I'll also get to play some of the games I've worked on! 

That's honestly roughly it for me though - but I'd genuinely love to know what you all will be up to! (though if you're going on vacation, I'll be a tad jealous!)

• Like 19

I hope you're feeling better!

Well I don't really have anything planned but I'm starting college really soon so I'm really just going to run around a bit and get my documents in order then spend my last weeks with my mum who is too proud to admit she'll miss me.😅

Edited by favourik
  • Like 14

July was mehh. 

For some reason mostly because of my fault I have broken something in my gig while editing. 🤪 While waiting for it to become normal with only one or two orders I get to focus on my new rollerblading skills. Finally I have learned to soul slide, stride backward without smashing something. 

August

Oh man just on first day of the august I got 4 order at the same time. Without anyone messaging prior. 😑 But compared to July it seems to be starting strongly. 🤙

• Like 14

Last time there was a similar topic in June, I said I needed to finish seven weeks of content every month. I finished two. But it's been two in a row though, so my patreon at least currently gives the appearance of consistency.

I can maintain that illusion. I have three sets where I have all the content and just need to do a formatting pass then create the scheduled posts. I can do that tonight, and will start right after this.

I have all but three pieces of art to have all I need for an additional seven weeks of content. For those weeks though, the writing is only about half done. I can see it taking me August to finish those depending on how well I can find and onboard writers while keeping my cost per page reasonable.

There's another six weeks of content where the writing is half-done, but only a quarter of the art is done. I need to make spec for those pieces. That's a couple evenings. I have a roster of reliable artists I can hit up though once the specs are ready. I can probably finish the art this month and maybe get the writing done in the same time.

And then I need to do the formatting and posting for those 13 weeks which would be a part time job some week if I want to knock it out all at once. It would be a surprise if I manage to do it in August, but that will be the goal. If I manage that, I'll end the month with a buffer of 8 weeks of scheduled releases, which will buy me enough time to get a start on all the other content sets which are just bare-bones frameworks right now needing both technical and creative writing, art, formatting, and posting. And that just gets me to 40 out of the 52 weeks of content I need.

• Like 12

18 hours ago, katakatica said:

And here we are (a bit late, I apologise, I was out with COVID for a whole week, eek!) for our monthly check-in! 

You're not the only one. I'm still pretty much out after nearly a week. 😞

So... what are you looking forward to in August? Is there anything you're NOT looking forward to? 

Birthday on the 5th. 😄 I'm getting old(er). 

The void of out-of-office-mode, not so much. 

How's July been? 

(you can answer these questions both in relation to work and just whatever you're willing to share with us!)

July was... great for me in many ways, though it was my lowest month work-wise (mostly because I took most of it off, and THEN got sick because of course that's how it works. So... if we think about how I really only worked properly for a week, I think I did well! 

(Actually, I did get TRS this month so... that must mean something!)

That being said, my anxiety has been kind of rough. Had a few attacks while abroad, nothing bad but still a bit annoying, things seem to have calmed down a bit, though. It's really quite hot here (compared to the regular temperature I guess) so that's been annoying as well.

Awesome. In terms of business, it has been one of my best months ever, revenue wise. Expecting my absence due to Covid will kill my august earnings, but it's just part of doing business. 

Never had anxiety. Hope it works itself out! Congrats again on achieving TRS. Well deserved! 

I've also started (sort of) planning our trip for next summer, which is... terrifying as it's to a place I've never been (Japan!) Of course, things might still change because of COVID and all but especially this week while I was sick I started looking up places and stuff! 

I'm not sure if there's anything I'm explicitly not looking forward to this month, to be honest. I already have quite a lot of work due this month but I think it'll be fun - and hopefully I'll also get to play some of the games I've worked on! 

That's honestly roughly it for me though - but I'd genuinely love to know what you all will be up to! (though if you're going on vacation, I'll be a tad jealous!)

Always wanted to go there. Japan looks awesome! I'm looking forward to Madrid in september. It's only for a couple of days, though, but it will be a nice change from Gran Canaria. Haven't left for what.. 3 or 4 years now? Been easier to just stay in hotels around the island during Covid. 

• Like 9

August is also my birth month, so I am planning a few fun or at least relaxing things to do on that day. I will probably end up working, though. I have decided to buy myself a art tablet and take a class in digital painting. I'm not sure if this will be fun or incredibly frustrating yet. Probably a mix of both.

I hope those of you affected by Covid recover quickly and feel much better soon.

• Like 10

5 hours ago, melanielm said:

August is also my birth month, so I am planning a few fun or at least relaxing things to do on that day. I will probably end up working, though. I have decided to buy myself a art tablet and take a class in digital painting. I'm not sure if this will be fun or incredibly frustrating yet. Probably a mix of both.

I hope those of you affected by Covid recover quickly and feel much better soon.

A fellow lion? 

And thanks! 

• Like 9

On 7/31/2022 at 9:26 PM, katakatica said:

I was out with COVID for a whole week, eek!

Eek indeed. I hope you are feeling better now. My covid experience was just mild discomfort. I just had some back pain and that was it.

I have stuff for this month!

Im tryng to build a social media pressence in order to sell my project. Its an NFT project(i know, dont look at me like that) Its about some old school skeletons with drinking and smoking problems(VERY DEEP 😄). At least the drawings are cool 😄  So i will finish that up in 2-3 weeks. After that i will have some social media jobs, which i dont like to do, to gain followers and spread the word.

This weekend i have an appointment with a photographer. Gonna have myself some pretty pictures to build up the professional look, also some other personal visuals to gonna help with the social media. And apperantly, the picture im currently using here seems a little intimidating and not welcoming. Gonna have to fix that one too.

This week i discovered a song. "The Empire of Winds" by "Alpine Universe" Its cool i really liked their work.

Met a nice woman in July. This month will be exciting for that one. We are gonna see how it goes 😄 

And lastly, i plan to finish the tv series "Dark" I have watched it a couple times but the plot is a little complicated for my teeny head. So i cant have a break from it like the previous times. I have to finish it this time.

For fiverr, my profile was a trainwreck for 2 months and i was demoted to new seller. Im feeding on my previous clients. Now the stats have recovered themselves, so i can at least get my levels back. And i will be avalible for TRS. Not sure about that one tho.

Hopefully i will get fired from my day job so that i can focus solely on drawings. 😄 (We are nearing to end our project there, so it can be anytime) But i think that will take couple more months.

• Like 8

On 8/1/2022 at 12:01 AM, gongor32 said:

For some reason mostly because of my fault I have broken something in my gig while editing. 🤪 While waiting for it to become normal with only one or two orders I get to focus on my new rollerblading skills.

I somehow managed not to get too many orders during vacation (decided against vacation mode!) and quite honestly was freaking out for a bit because it felt like something was going wrong! Things are back to normal now that I'm back to work! Hope you keep getting lots of (well, a manageable orders) AND good luck with rollerblading. (I can't do stuff like that, terrible at balancing!)

23 hours ago, smashradio said:

You're not the only one. I'm still pretty much out after nearly a week. 😞

On 7/31/2022 at 8:26 PM, katakatica said:

Oof! Hope you get better quickly! We both had it reasonably mild (compared to my sister, for example) but it was still awful somehow. I think maybe on Friday, I literally just said 'f it, I'm not going to work' (and that's when we basically spent the entire day playing the Quarry. Granted, I did feel much better after taking some time off 😄

Hope your trip to Madrid will go well 😄 I managed to travel around during COVID weirdly enough but stopped-ish recently (well, with small, short trips.) Might need to run back to Hungary for a few days in August but not sure yet, it's a bit chaotic right now. 

23 hours ago, melanielm said:

I have decided to buy myself a art tablet and take a class in digital painting. I'

I've been thinking of getting one to help with sketches for some more game-y things for a while now! Online painting classes sound fun though I'd say? Could be relaxing (or..frustrating, as you've said!) Hope you get to treat yourself to something great for your birthday month!
My parents were both born in August as well which is partially why I'm considering going down there but it's a bit tricky right now.

5 hours ago, ozan_erdi said:

m tryng to build a social media pressence in order to sell my project. Its an NFT project(i

One of my best-selling gigs is for NFTs so I personally can't judge 😛 
Looks like you have a lot going on this mont for sure, though!

We're watching Vikings right now but I need to take constant breaks lol Too...too much.

• Like 8