Jump to content

fiverr helped steal my work


Recommended Posts

hello friends a client of mine wrote for webview application and it was ordered, i did a very simple thing for him and made 10 revisions for a simple job and did it without getting bored with him now the room delivered the order and gave a good score, today i did something extra from me and this Since I couldn't do it for free, Fiverr wrote to support and canceled the job that I sent and approved.

  • Like 10
  • Confused 1
  • Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Was the work completed? It seems to me your client kept demanding revisions. It's not enough to click "deliver now," your client has to accept the delivery, or three days must pass for the order to be completed automatically. 

Next time, don't make 10 revisions, you're wasting too much time and not getting paid for it. I limit myself to one revision, two at most if I like my client. 

  • Like 13
  • Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

My buyer cancelled the order and demanded the refund AFTER the order was marked as complete. I had delivered the order well before the delivery time-limit but he remained silent until, after 3 days, the order was automatically marked as complete and then suddenly out of nowhere he jumped into action and demanded a refund (the order was for $40), making an excuse that the style of writing was "not suitable for his personality" and that he was not happy about the "articulation of words". 

The most amazing part of the whole thing is that the buyer in the past couple of years had placed SIX orders with me and gave raving 5-star reviews for each one. Moreover, I worked hard to give him a high-quality work, (which I do for all my clients, anyway).

He approached Fiverr with this ridiculous excuse, and of course Fiverr refunded his money without really checking on the quality of my work.

Are we sellers really safe? 

  • Like 7
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 4
  • Up 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, angelite9 said:

My buyer cancelled the order and demanded the refund AFTER the order was marked as complete. I had delivered the order well before the delivery time-limit but he remained silent until, after 3 days, the order was automatically marked as complete and then suddenly out of nowhere he jumped into action and demanded a refund (the order was for $40), making an excuse that the style of writing was "not suitable for his personality" and that he was not happy about the "articulation of words". 

The most amazing part of the whole thing is that the buyer in the past couple of years had placed SIX orders with me and gave raving 5-star reviews for each one. Moreover, I worked hard to give him a high-quality work, (which I do for all my clients, anyway).

He approached Fiverr with this ridiculous excuse, and of course Fiverr refunded his money without really checking on the quality of my work.

Are we sellers really safe? 

Bad buyers are taking advantage of sellers. This is a very serious case. 

On 7/30/2022 at 8:54 AM, tlgazorlu said:

hello friends a client of mine wrote for webview application and it was ordered, i did a very simple thing for him and made 10 revisions for a simple job and did it without getting bored with him now the room delivered the order and gave a good score, today i did something extra from me and this Since I couldn't do it for free, Fiverr wrote to support and canceled the job that I sent and approved.

Never let the buyers have unlimited revisions or more than 1 or 2 revisions. Many buyers are just present to take advantage of the sellers. I always avoid working with complicated buyers. 

  • Like 9
  • Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, blazegoldburst said:

Never let the buyers have unlimited revisions or more than 1 or 2 revisions. Many buyers are just present to take advantage of the sellers.

I had unlimited revisions for around 6-7 years here and aside from maybe 10-20 clients out of 10000 being a bit hard to work with, I didn't really have issues. I guess it depends on the service. Not every buyer takes advantage of people though.

  • Like 8
  • Up 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, donnovan86 said:

I had unlimited revisions for around 6-7 years here and aside from maybe 10-20 clients out of 10000 being a bit hard to work with, I didn't really have issues. I guess it depends on the service. Not every buyer takes advantage of people though.

Personally, I would never do unlimited revisions. It is a waste of time. There are always the presence of the good and the bad buyers. There are many buyers that are difficult to work with and it is better to not waste time with them. It is one's individual choice if they want to offer unlimited revisions but not profitable for every seller in the long run. 

 

21 hours ago, angelite9 said:

My buyer cancelled the order and demanded the refund AFTER the order was marked as complete. I had delivered the order well before the delivery time-limit but he remained silent until, after 3 days, the order was automatically marked as complete and then suddenly out of nowhere he jumped into action and demanded a refund (the order was for $40), making an excuse that the style of writing was "not suitable for his personality" and that he was not happy about the "articulation of words". 

The most amazing part of the whole thing is that the buyer in the past couple of years had placed SIX orders with me and gave raving 5-star reviews for each one. Moreover, I worked hard to give him a high-quality work, (which I do for all my clients, anyway).

He approached Fiverr with this ridiculous excuse, and of course Fiverr refunded his money without really checking on the quality of my work.

Are we sellers really safe? 

I feel that there should be stronger seller protection measures taken. If the work is completed, there should be no refund. Else the buyers will take the work for free and the seller gets nothing at all. In this case, it was a repeat buyer. They had known the seller and their skills well. There should have been no refund at all.

  • Like 8
  • Up 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, blazegoldburst said:

There are many buyers that are difficult to work with and it is better to not waste time with them.

Yeah, but not all of them will make your life a living hell with unlimited revisions.. They will find other ways to take advantage.. Whether you choose to offer thousands or no revisions, that's up to you as a seller. I switched to 3 revisions, maybe 1 depending on the gig. And I barely saw any difference in revision requests. Most of the time a single revision is fine, 2 at most. 

  • Like 9
  • Up 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, blazegoldburst said:

Personally, I would never do unlimited revisions. It is a waste of time. There are always the presence of the good and the bad buyers. There are many buyers that are difficult to work with and it is better to not waste time with them. It is one's individual choice if they want to offer unlimited revisions but not profitable for every seller in the long run. 

 

I feel that there should be stronger seller protection measures taken. If the work is completed, there should be no refund. Else the buyers will take the work for free and the seller gets nothing at all. In this case, it was a repeat buyer. They had known the seller and their skills well. There should have been no refund at all.

True. I pointed that out to Fiverr but ultimately they are holding me responsible for the issue, saying I should be more careful about the requirements of the buyers, and then they are consoling me that I will get more orders to make up for the negative rating on "Orders Completed". I just gave up after that. What can I do?

  • Like 8
  • Sad 2
  • Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, angelite9 said:

True. I pointed that out to Fiverr but ultimately they are holding me responsible for the issue, saying I should be more careful about the requirements of the buyers, and then they are consoling me that I will get more orders to make up for the negative rating on "Orders Completed". I just gave up after that. What can I do?

If you delivered it exactly as he had requested it in his order requirements you could have said that to CS and maybe tried to get them to reimburse you the order cost if they had already refunded him.

You could have shown them this from the payment terms (https://www.fiverr.com/content/payments-terms-and-conditions)

Quote

Orders are not eligible to be canceled based on the quality of service/materials delivered by the Seller if the service was rendered as described in the Gig Page. You may rate your experience with the Seller on the Order Page, including the overall level of service quality received.

Or you could still show that to CS and see if they will reimburse you the order amount.

If he still had free revisions left you could still have sent a revision through the inbox after it was complete if you wanted to. If you knew enough about how he wanted it changed (though he seems very vague about it). You could have asked for more info on how he wanted it changed (eg. asked more about what style he wanted it in).

But since he's done what he has you could block him so he doesn't order and do the same thing again.

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 6
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/7/2022 at 7:54 AM, donnovan86 said:

I had unlimited revisions for around 6-7 years here and aside from maybe 10-20 clients out of 10000 being a bit hard to work with, I didn't really have issues. I guess it depends on the service. Not every buyer takes advantage of people though.

10000 clients. Man you are a machine! 😨

  • Like 6
  • Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/7/2022 at 5:18 PM, uk1000 said:

If you delivered it exactly as he had requested it in his order requirements you could have said that to CS and maybe tried to get them to reimburse you the order cost if they had already refunded him.

You could have shown them this from the payment terms (https://www.fiverr.com/content/payments-terms-and-conditions)

Or you could still show that to CS and see if they will reimburse you the order amount.

If he still had free revisions left you could still have sent a revision through the inbox after it was complete if you wanted to. If you knew enough about how he wanted it changed (though he seems very vague about it). You could have asked for more info on how he wanted it changed (eg. asked more about what style he wanted it in).

But since he's done what he has you could block him so he doesn't order and do the same thing again.

He just did not even consider revision, but simply rejected the work and demanded a refund. Yes. I have blocked him for sure. Don't to take any more risks with him. Height of dishonesty!

  • Like 5
  • Up 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/14/2022 at 4:04 AM, angelite9 said:

He just did not even consider revision, but simply rejected the work and demanded a refund. Yes. I have blocked him for sure. Don't to take any more risks with him. Height of dishonesty!

I tried to run so far from an abusive buyer and made the mistake of blocking him after he accepted a delivery but before he left a review. My account has not recovered in over two months. CS didn't care that there was proof within the comments of every lie stated in the review; the review itself didn't break TOS. I guess I was supposed to continually give the person freebies, that don't make Fiverr money. The buyer is always right, even if they aren't technically wanting buy things.

I'm glad that fleeing worked for you!

Edited by mandyzines
  • Like 4
  • Up 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...