Why Is My Fiverr Seller's Profile Not Approved?

jefftraffic1

Question

On 8/24/2022 at 11:18 AM, vickieito said:

@animie_video, this is part of Fiverr's initiative to prevent "low-quality" services from entering the marketplace. Based on the sellers who are flooding the forum with "Fiverr didn't approve my seller profile," these are some of the reasons why I think their profiles are not getting approved (this is my personal opinion, since Fiverr hasn't revealed their specific criteria):

1. They are copying the gig descriptions from other sellers on the platform. Plagiarism is not allowed.

2. They are offering services that violate Fiverr ToS or Community Standards.

3. Something in their gig was deemed "low-quality" - it might have been grammatical errors, pictures, or overall lack of professionalism.

4. Their profile appears misleading (i.e., making claims to be an expert when it is obvious that they are not).

5. Their gig does not offer value to the marketplace (i.e. too generic in an over saturated marketplace, gigs for random skills with very low demand)

since when is there a skill gap here.

If my profile was not approved for one of these reasons, I know it's 5. there is also a small chance of it being 3, but I doubt it. I have seen much much less professional looking gigs be approved.

but if it is 5 or even 3. why the hell does it not tell you, and why the actual hell do you loose the ability to even attempt to create a new gig? they can just say 

"your gig was not approved due to low quality"

which then In response you could make the gig better or alternatively make a completely new gig.

• Like 32
  • Congrats! 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, apolygons2 said:

but if it is 5 or even 3. why the hell does it not tell you,

Because they don't need to tell you. My profile was immediately denied on another freelancing platform because it was oversaturated (so reason #5)....they didn't need my services. So I stuck with Fiverr because they approved my profile right away. Freelancing platforms can choose who they want to approve or not. If they don't choose you, just find opportunities elsewhere.

• Like 35
  • Congrats! 1
  • Thanks 3

Here's my take on why people who are only trying to make an honest living are getting rejected here: there is a fast increase in available services, but Clients are not increasing at all.

Let's be real and honest here. Just with one specific service, what's the honest ratio between those posting with high sales vs. those who don't have even a single one sold? Search one particular service, and a certain buyer is now faced with 10 pages worth of catalog, with only the first 3 pages having sales and the rest being just filler accessories. Now, younger generations are now partaking in the business flow, but lo' and behold, this platform will just reject them since they will just add to the increasing blockade of available services

The reason "low quality work or profile" is just a weird excuse to make, as there are tons of posted ads of freelancers that have been sitting for 5–6 months and still haven't made any sales at all. As the first page with further increasing stars and feedback continues to flourish just because clients always seek the convenience of availing those who are "proven", trying your luck applying for NASA gives you better chances than trying your luck on this platform.

Again, these are just my opinions. Should it bear weight for others, that is because there are a lot of talented individuals who cannot share their expertise just because of a silly approval scheme.

• Like 29
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

If your Fiverr seller's profile was not approved, it's essential to review Fiverr's terms of service and guidelines to ensure that your profile complies with their rules. If you believe your profile should have been approved, you can contact Fiverr's customer support for clarification and assistance in resolving the issue. They can provide more specific feedback on why your profile was not approved and what steps you can take to rectify the situation.

• Like 15
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

QUESTION: Can anyone help? Is it wrong to create a fresh account to become a freelancer [to be distinct from your personal/buyer account]? Because that was the only 'strange' thing I did. I also selected 'expert'. [I have 3 degrees, all related to what I want to offer - a PhD]. But Fiverr came back with a 'not approved' 😅😎

• Like 15
  • Congrats! 1

On 7/29/2022 at 12:34 PM, jefftraffic1 said:

I just started on fiverr, after my viral reaserch on how to createa seller account i found that i received a message that "Your seller profile was not approved please check Gmail for more details" is there any remedy to this?

Which country you belong too...

• Like 12
  • Congrats! 1