Why Is My Fiverr Seller's Profile Not Approved?

jefftraffic1

Question

6 hours ago, theratypist said:

You can only have ONE account.

I agree. You can only have 1 seller account (or 1 active seller account). I think they do allow you to close 1 account then start another (as long as the first wasn't banned, though that could be checked with CS).

So the OP's current account is bronny01 from from Nigeria. According to the message in the screenshot in the original post the OP tried to create an account called gloriafield1 (that account shows as a person from the USA and is using a copied profile image). So it could be because of the 2 different profiles (both in different countries) or because of copying someone else's image for their profile image) or both.

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 46
  • Up 6
  • Thanks 2

As others have said above, I'm guessing the profile or gig was low quality, plagiarised or Fiverr spotted it was a second account by the same user. Whatever it is it really isn't hard IMO to get a profile / gig approved. I almost think you'd have to purposefully try hard to not get approved. But maybe I'm being harsh.

As for how to improve, I'm slightly torn on how much help to provide (this is in general to all sellers asking for help, not specifically this topic). I have in the past done a full review for someones gig on the forum and told them what to change it to (I was bored), but now I'm increasingly thinking the right approach is to point out the errors / failings (if you're feeling generous), but not point out what to change it to and instead just link a post / topic that helps. There is enough info out there, aspiring sellers that don't seek it out (beyond saying 'help') are just lazy IMO and don't deserve success here (or anywhere maybe!).

My thinking is you can't offer a paid service to improve a sellers gig, and although this forum advice isn't paid, I still think telling people what to change their gig to is going against what/how Fiverr should be and what Fiverr wants.

A gig / profile should be the Sellers creation and not the result of successful Sellers telling you what to change it to. It's one of the few things buyers have to make a judgement on whether to use the Seller. By doing this we are in fact, to a degree, helping Sellers to mislead / deceive Buyers.

Similarly, If you outsource (in certain circumstances) you have to make it clear to the buyer, so perhaps sellers should also say on their profile 'thanks to @vickieito @theratypist @williambryan392 @lloydsolutions @newsmike for improving my gig / profile'.

But am I being too harsh? I fear I'm in a grumpy mood!

(I'm not criticising you @animie_video, I'm interested in your thoughts on this!)

Edited by williambryan392
  • Like 46
  • Congrats! 4
  • Up 3
  • Thanks 3

39 minutes ago, williambryan392 said:

although this forum advice isn't paid, I still think telling people what to change their gig to is going against what/how Fiverr should be and what Fiverr wants.

Maybe we should remove the forum categories "Improve My Gig" and "My Fiverr Gigs." We don't need gig links or self-promotion anywhere on the forum except for on someone's forum profile. If someone asks a "Fiverr FAQ" or "Fiverr Question," it's easy to look up their gigs from their names. Also, it might teach sellers to ask questions to learn, rather than say, "Here's my gig, give me tips."

42 minutes ago, williambryan392 said:

Similarly, If you outsource (in certain circumstances) you have to make it clear to the buyer

Question on that - if I were to change my seller profile to state something like, "I operate as a team" (to cover for the few times I might), would that affect any Pro seller applications (e.g., for technical writing)? I can't see Fiverr approving a profile if it looks like a team is involved. However, I think it would be better for me as a seller if buyers approach me knowing I have a team, and I tell them that I will take care of their requests myself (and not use my team), rather than have them come to me with the expectation of working only with me and I tell them that I would like to outsource their work.

8 hours ago, vickieito said:

What baffles me, is ...

I've self-reported this post to be taken down because I think I was out of line. This post was unnecessary and put another seller in a bad light. I apologize for not being conscientious while posting.

• Like 46
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, vickieito said:

I think I was out of line

I don't think you were to be honest. I think you spoke truth. But I hid it for you anyway.

3 minutes ago, vickieito said:

"I operate as a team" (to cover for the few times I might), would that affect any Pro seller applications (e.g., for technical writing)

I'm not sure, a question for your SSM, but my view is that it may have an impact. It probably all depends on how you frame it.

If you're at the pro level for technical writing yourself, get approved by the pro team for your own prior technical writing work, and then make clear you have a team in your gig description but you check their work to ensure it's pro then it's probably not a problem (probably!).

If though you say you're a pro because you have access to people that are pro level then I don't that would be ok. E.g. I try to get verified as Pro for video ads because I outsource to Frank_D and another Pro for voice over that wouldn't be cool (stating the obvious I know).

• Like 40
  • Thanks 5

1 hour ago, vickieito said:

Maybe we should remove the forum categories "Improve My Gig" and "My Fiverr Gigs."

"My Fiverr Gigs" was created because the entire forum was spammed with gig links; this way, they can get dumped into one convenient place that most people never look at.

As for this

12 hours ago, bronny01 said:

I tried to create a new fiverr account

the reason your new profile wasn't approved could easily be the simple fact that you're only allowed to have one profile. If that's the case, consider yourself lucky that both of your profiles weren't permanently banned.

• Like 42
  • Up 3
  • Thanks 1

@vickieito I really appreciate that you wrote these things, they totally make sense and I hope they're helpful for the people to understand that what could be wrong. 
@williambryan392 I don't feel you were harsh, in fact most of the points you said are those I totally agree with, no one should be provided with the information that what they should do to make their profile accurate, everyone should try exploring it by their own as we did. My only point to mention all of you here is that I have heard few rumors too that Fiverr isn't allowing Pakistani freelancers to create sellers profiles anymore, so just wanted to be sure that there's nothing wrong with Fiverr or it's algorithms, it's just that the new sellers might be doing something wrong as @vickieito & @theratypist mentioned above

• Like 42
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

some niche gigs are not approved on Fiverr I'm facing the same issue.  I create a gig on 6 September but still not approved after that I delete the account and create a new one but the same situation is facing me. when I open my gig, a new page opens, and on this page written, this page is only available to approve Fiverr sellers. if anyone knows about this issue, create an approved account, so please help me. I did not copy the other seller. I am writing my title description and not copying the other designer but I can't understand this situation

• Like 44
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 2

On 9/6/2022 at 10:59 PM, alex__sales said:

All I can say to new incoming seller is that they should create their gig by their experience not to copy and paste 

I'm a new user and I did write my gig description with my own words and matched it with the title (obviously), and created my own gig photo and still my profile got disapproved.

• Like 44
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 1

On 10/17/2022 at 6:29 PM, aicez22 said:

Hello! Please what could I have gotten wrong resulting to fiverr not approving my Seller acount?

Hello too.

Is your Fiverr Account verified by Fiverr Team? Have you provided all the necessary details/documents to make your account verified? If not then that might be the issue! Else discuss with Fiverr Customer Support regarding your issue!

Good Luck!

• Like 39
  • Up 3
  • Thanks 4