Just solving a simple problem, then the buyer paid through the order.

eskanderhossen

You should never work without an order. You're supposed to receive the order, then do the work, and deliver it inside the order. That's how Fiverr works. I don't know why you would ever do work before you get an order, but it's not a very smart thing to do. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, smashradio said:

You should never work without an order. You're supposed to receive the order, then do the work, and deliver it inside the order. That's how Fiverr works. I don't know why you would ever do work before you get an order, but it's not a very smart thing to do. 

i understand, 

But I didn't help with the intention of taking money from him, just gave a simple solution.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

On 7/27/2022 at 5:40 AM, eskanderhossen said:

i understand, 

But I didn't help with the intention of taking money from him, just gave a simple solution.

If you're in it to do pro-bono work, that's fine, but I'm pretty sure Fiverr isn't set up for us, as sellers, to give away our time and work for free.

That's not to say that you can't help a regular buyer out for free every now and then, but even if you know the solution is really simple, you know that for a reason: experience. That experience is worth something. It's worth the time and energy you've put into becoming knowledgable in your niche. So you might see this as just a simple solution, but that's thanks to your expertise. Don't give that away for free.

At best, it will make the buyer feel valued and special (and this could be great if this buyer has already left thousands of dollars with you on previous orders) but most likely, the buyer now has the impression that you're willing to give away your experience, time and work for free. Next time they come around with something not so simple and expects the same treatment, what will you do? If you try to charge them your usual rate, they would probably think "but it's just another simple solution". 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

On 7/28/2022 at 7:23 AM, smashradio said:

If you're in it to do pro-bono work, that's fine, but I'm pretty sure Fiverr isn't set up for us, as sellers, to give away our time and work for free.

That's not to say that you can't help a regular buyer out for free every now and then, but even if you know the solution is really simple, you know that for a reason: experience. That experience is worth something. It's worth the time and energy you've put into becoming knowledgable in your niche. So you might see this as just a simple solution, but that's thanks to your expertise. Don't give that away for free.

At best, it will make the buyer feel valued and special (and this could be great if this buyer has already left thousands of dollars with you on previous orders) but most likely, the buyer now has the impression that you're willing to give away your experience, time and work for free. Next time they come around with something not so simple and expects the same treatment, what will you do? If you try to charge them your usual rate, they would probably think "but it's just another simple solution". 

You are right, I have never thought of it that way. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1