what if a order in revision hangs around 6 - 7 months.

wordpress2017

Hi, Hope you all are well in this current critical economic situation of the world.
I need few suggestions.
One of my orders is delivered successfully, it was WordPress website development. It was my client's friend's website. Client needs some content changes but his friend traveling over the world for 6 - 7 months, so he keeps the order in revision. There is no work in the revisions.
He is my best client, working with him on other projects are going well, he gives tip on all the other orders as well.

He is saying he just needs some information changes from his friend. So He wants to keep it in revision until his friend comes back. I can't force him to accept this order. 

The problem is I'm observing when any order stays in revisions. then new orders not coming. Don't know how the Fiverr algorithm works. 

Any suggestions would be helpful, what to do. Is there any bad effect on Fiverr profile if any order in revision goes too late?

Thank You.
Nasibul Alam. 🙂

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

Last time I asked CS, they told me that *if* the order was done according to the initial requirements, you can just deliver again and tell the buyer that you’ll be happy to assist as soon as the new content arrives. 

You weren’t informed beforehand that the requirements were incomplete, you *especially* weren’t informed that you’ll have to wait for half a year. 

Have you asked CS about this particular case? 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, lenasemenkova said:

Last time I asked CS, they told me that *if* the order was done according to the initial requirements, you can just deliver again and tell the buyer that you’ll be happy to assist as soon as the new content arrives. 

You weren’t informed beforehand that the requirements were incomplete, you *especially* weren’t informed that you’ll have to wait for half a year. 

Have you asked CS about this particular case? 

yes, I already asked CS after posting here.

I certainly understand your worry as the impact of the order #000000000 for running late on your account might be an issue.

Rest assured that the order itself cannot run late anymore, as the first delivery was made within the provided timeframe of the order (with materials showing that you've done the work).

Sometimes, if orders are sitting too long in the "Rejected" status our system might issue a visual notification of them being late, as most buyers cannot afford the order to indefinitely sit uncompleted, therefore trying to raise awareness that there's an active order that needs to be addressed.

To confirm once more, once a delivery has been rejected and the order's status is marked as "Rejected" it can indefinitely remain so with no impact on your account or statistics.

I hope this helps.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, wordpress2017 said:

yes, I already asked CS after posting here.

If CS tries to go the usual route of “we can’t make buyer accept the order” with you, reiterate (repeatedly if you have to) that your delivery was completely in line with the initial requirements. AND you weren’t made aware that the requirements were incomplete. AND you weren’t made aware that you’ll have to wait for the complete requirements for 6+ months. AND the revision request is, essentially, blank. AND you’re open to updating/revising the delivery if/when the information arrives. 

PS I had order in revision for 3+ weeks once. I don’t think it affected anything. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, animie_video said:

Woah, never knew that orders could be in revisions for 1 or 3 year 😄 I always try to complete the orders without revisions but if they get into revisions, I try mostly to complete them ASAP so it doesn't affect my stats

I try to complete the order as soon as possible too but someone some buyers ask for modification without any proper feedback and go offline for a decade. Usually, I frequently ask for their attention but they sometimes come back late. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

• 9 months later...
On 7/25/2022 at 1:33 PM, mariashtelle1 said:

I had an order in revision for 3 years and it never affected my orders flow 

After those 3 years, did the order get removed from your dashboard automatically? Or did the buyer end up completing the order? 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, goldenlily said:

did the order get removed from your dashboard automatically? Or did the buyer end up completing the order? 

No the buyer didn’t complete it. Few mo the back fiverr made a “house cleaning” of all outstanding orders platform wise for all sellers and closed their accounting for it. 
But I don’t think it will happen any time soon again. It’s the first time I saw them doing it in the last 6 years 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I have a 10-month-old revision request now hanging in there (the buyer demanded more work, I declined, then declined a cancellation request). Still there, at the top of the queue, doesn’t affect anything, just annoys me.

I'm torn between removing it via CS and keeping it there to prove a point that blackmail is not a good business model.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1