Proofreading Gig Removed Twice

naeemdal

Question

Hi, I have created a gig, which got denied; after reviewing a policy, I removed Academic, Resume, and Assignment words from the description. I started another Gig with the following updated description but was also denied. I have seen other sellers' gigs published and proofreading using the Grammarly tool. Please guide me if I misunderstood.

Title: I will proofread, check plagiarism, and rewrite using Grammarly premium

Description:

I will Proofread, check plagiarism and grammar, edit, adjust the tone of your content/document using Grammarly Premium and provide a pdf report. I'll read the entire content myself to reduce Grammarly's false corrections. If wordiness does not fit the document's tone, I will either disregard it or correct it as necessary.

What can I do to be of assistance to you? 

• Detect plagiarism from over 16 billion web pages and ProQuest databases. 
  • Using Grammarly Premium, check your spelling, grammar, vocabulary, and sentence structure. 
  • Consistency in spelling and punctuation
  • Clarity, Conciseness 
  • Full-sentence rewrites
  • Tone detection delivery
  • Web Content / Article and Blog Posts
  • Document / Content Confidentiality
  • Good Document Score in Grammarly Premium
  • Plagiarism PDF report 100,000 characters.

I can help with any content, i.e. Web Content, Information Technology, Software, E-mail, Product Description, any document etc.  Please reach out with your details and requirements before ordering so we can discuss your project/writing, or if you're unsure what the appropriate solution is for you before placing an order. Please get in touch with me for custom orders/multiple documents. 

• Like 11

8 answers to this question

14 minutes ago, naeemdal said:

I started another Gig with the following updated description but was also denied.

Why was my Gig denied?

If your Gig has recently been denied, you will receive an email update explaining why this is the case. Unfortunately, once your Gig is denied, it will not be restored. If you are still having issues understanding why we advise that you review our Terms of Service and our Community Standards for more information.

The above is from the Help Centre.

• Like 12

Thank you, lloydsolutions, for the response. I have received the following email regarding both removed gigs. I have removed some words from the description, but still, I don't get it. I visited the guideline and didn't see any violation after updating the Gig description. Could you please give a specific idea? 

Unfortunately we had to remove your Gig proofread, check plagiarism, and rewrite using grammarly premium due to the following reason/s:

• We had to remove your Gig as the service you are offering is prohibited by our Community Standards. This decision was made after careful consideration and cannot be undone. For more information please read our Prohibited Services policy in Fiverr’s Community Standards.
  • Like 8

You could contact CS for the reason for that gig's deletion if it's not clear from the email they sent.

I don't see what's against the TOS from the description you sent (if that was how it was originally. If you removed text from it it might have been because of text that got removed). It does seem to mention grammarly a lot though. Maybe they're not sure about some of the claims made in the description (that are probably things grammarly does). Maybe when you said "any content" you could have clarified that you won't rewrite any academic work.

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 10

In addition to what others have said, seeing other sellers who provide something doesn't necessarily mean that what they're providing is allowed. Perhaps they haven't been caught yet (it happens all the time, especially with older gigs that were created before a certain rule was added).

• Like 8
  • Up 4

Maybe check Grammarly's terms, for "Individual Subscribers", for instance, it says:

"Licenses

If you are an individual subscriber: In consideration for your acceptance of this Agreement and your payment of all applicable Fees (as defined below), Grammarly grants you a personal, limited, non-exclusive, non-sublicensable, non-transferable, revocable license to access and use the Site, the Services and the Software solely for your own personal purposes."

I don't think that "for your own personal purposes" covers Fiverr Gigs, but I don't use Grammarly for any services I offer, so I haven't looked deeper into it. Your Gig issue may well have been the "Academic", etc., but anything that's against 3rd party terms, is automatically against Fiverr's terms, so, if you want to use Grammarly to offer services, probably better do your research first.

• Like 8
  • Up 5

21 minutes ago, miiila said:

Maybe check Grammarly's terms, for "Individual Subscribers", for instance, it says:

I don't think that "for your own personal purposes" covers Fiverr Gigs, but I don't use Grammarly for any services I offer, so I haven't looked deeper into it. Your Gig issue may well have been the "Academic", etc., but anything that's against 3rd party terms, is automatically against Fiverr's terms, so, if you want to use Grammarly to offer services, probably better do your research first.

Thank you for the assistance, I am Grammarly enterprise user. And now I believe its the Grammarly that causing the problem. But I wonder how thousands of other people are offering the gigs using Grammarly and Turnitin. Thank you everyone for your feedback!

• Like 7

On 7/25/2022 at 8:09 PM, naeemdal said:

Thank you for the assistance, I am Grammarly enterprise user. And now I believe its the Grammarly that causing the problem. But I wonder how thousands of other people are offering the gigs using Grammarly and Turnitin. Thank you everyone for your feedback!

Recently my Turnitin gig got removed twice. Can anyone tell me why it's happening? 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, abeer1fatima said:

Recently my Turnitin gig got removed twice. Can anyone tell me why it's happening? 

If you didn't get a message/notification from Fiverr giving the reason you could contact CS at the help desk or message them at the support@fiverr.com address.

If they thought you were offering to do academic work that someone should do themselves then that could be a reason (eg. the turnitin site mentions academic proofreading etc. and your gig said you were an "avid rewriter and proofreader." and "Rewriting". So maybe they thought you might be offering to rewrite academic work (which they might not allow). You could explain to CS if you weren't offering anything like that (if you weren't) if they say that was the reason for it.

If it was academic work related you could check this link: https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/360020869438-Academic-services-on-Fiverr---The-Dos-and-Donts?segment=seller

Though even though the turnitin site mentions academic work proofreading you could just have been using it to proofreading non-academic work content that wasn't against the rules (and proofreading academic work is allowed but rewriting probably isn't).

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 2