Does Mutual Cancellation effect Orders Completed Rate?

naimat_best

Question

hi All,

yesterday, i have submitted my custom order, i have clearly mentioned the script instalation on domains, which i have done in due course of time ( i also submit a 0 revision in custom Gig) but after submit order client told me to shift the websites from the current host to another which weere not mentioned in the gig, i told him inbox but he did,nt agree i send him request of cancel he refuse it, and submit a revision, after every submission i replied him with screenshoot that i have submit my order and also proof of screenshoot, revision happen alsmot whole day but i clearly told him, i will not done the work which is not mentioned into the gig, after that he change all passwords of hostings and eveything, and again submit a revision, i replied with video prrof in order that you have change all passwords and also remove acess this is against the term and you are force me to submit the work which is not mention into the gig, after that i approach resolution center and submit a revison charge amount PKR 23000/- whcih he denied and after that finaly he send me request of cancel order, i accpet it,, and suddenly i see the my completion rate is going down... and i havent recieve any order in 24 hours,, 

my question is that, why it hit my completion rate and also it change the impression on my gig.. is there anyway to approach CS to recove my cancel order amount because i have done my work... i have completed 27 orders with 5 star ranking.. 
i am confuse.. what should i do>>>?? please advice

• Like 25
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

38 minutes ago, naimat_best said:

but after submit order client told me to shift the websites from the current host to another which weere not mentioned in the gig, i told him inbox but he did,nt agree

I'm sorry for your experience but you find your answer here, and it's very simple: 

1-Client sent you different requirements after the order started

2-you talk with the client about it

3- He refuses to follow the initial requirements

4-You contact CS with proof and explain the situation asking for cancellation since the client didn't follow the TOS. 

5- CS cancel the order for you and your completion rate is not gonna be affected

You saved your time, your work, a nightmare client and your completion rate! I don't understand why you sent a cancellation request if was the client's fault? You always have to contact CS in this cases! 

Not much else to talked about, it's frustrating to hear but it's your fault since you decided to work on this order anyways. I've been in these situations and I've learnt my lessons the hard way. 

• Like 26
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/24/2022 at 11:20 PM, roxana_nesfintu said:

I'm sorry for your experience but you find your answer here, and it's very simple: 

1-Client sent you different requirements after the order started

2-you talk with the client about it

3- He refuses to follow the initial requirements

4-You contact CS with proof and explain the situation asking for cancellation since the client didn't follow the TOS. 

5- CS cancel the order for you and your completion rate is not gonna be affected

You saved your time, your work, a nightmare client and your completion rate! I don't understand why you sent a cancellation request if was the client's fault? You always have to contact CS in this cases! 

Not much else to talked about, it's frustrating to hear but it's your fault since you decided to work on this order anyways. I've been in these situations and I've learnt my lessons the hard way. 

Yes, because i havent experienced that before.. now i will definately follow your guidelines to maintain the CR rate and profile stability

may i ask you how much time my gig vanished from search enignes?

or

i seen in some posts its for 60 days?

please also share your experience in this regard

Thanks

• Like 15

5 hours ago, naimat_best said:

Yes, because i havent experienced that before.. now i will definately follow your guidelines to maintain the CR rate and profile stability

may i ask you how much time my gig vanished from search enignes?

or

i seen in some posts its for 60 days?

please also share your experience in this regard

Thanks

well that depends of your performances, and how down your rate went. Because you don't specify that. It is 60days yes, but the position of your gig in the search doesn't depend only by that, and there's no clarity about that...I think it also goes by rotation, sometimes you're on the first pages sometimes back. 

I suggest you to be very careful from now on with who you're working with....I understand making money is appealing always, but sometime is better to deny some clients (especially the confused ones) than ending up with cancellations, bad reviews and wasted time and work.  

In my first months on fiverr I felt like I disrespected myself a lot by agreeing to work with certain clients and being submissive to their behavior, rules and prices. This doesn't happen anymore, I make things very very clear from the beginning, if they are missing even 1 of the questions I ask, I won't reply anymore to the conversation. I lose a lot of work but the clients I choose to work with give me zero troubles! You will get there too, take it as a lesson. 

Good luck

Edited by roxana_nesfintu
  • Like 17
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, roxana_nesfintu said:

well that depends of your performances, and how down your rate went. Because you don't specify that. It is 60days yes, but the position of your gig in the search doesn't depend only by that, and there's no clarity about that...I think it also goes by rotation, sometimes you're on the first pages sometimes back. 

I suggest you to be very careful from now on with who you're working with....I understand making money is appealing always, but sometime is better to deny some clients (especially the confused ones) than ending up with cancellations, bad reviews and wasted time and work.  

In my first months on fiverr I felt like I disrespected myself a lot by agreeing to work with certain clients and being submissive to their behavior, rules and prices. This doesn't happen anymore, I make things very very clear from the beginning, if they are missing even 1 of the questions I ask, I won't reply anymore to the conversation. I lose a lot of work but the clients I choose to work with give me zero troubles! You will get there too, take it as a lesson. 

Good luck

The worst thing is that, today two more orders canceled by Customer support whith my acknowledgemen of same buyer, which i have completed with 5 star ranking and positive feedback.. i lost 75$ today .. its really depressed for me..

i havent expected that from fiverr customer support, how can they do that, onceperson completed that order buyer approved it and also give positive feedback and then canel it after 9 days.. it really surprised me and down my moral 😞 

• Like 13

22 hours ago, naimat_best said:

The worst thing is that, today two more orders canceled by Customer support whith my acknowledgemen of same buyer, which i have completed with 5 star ranking and positive feedback.. i lost 75$ today .. its really depressed for me..

Are you sure @naimat_best your completed and 5 start rated order cancelled by support team? Specifically the order was completed and 5 star rated?

Edited by patilharidas
  • Like 13

On 7/26/2022 at 5:04 AM, roxana_nesfintu said:

I make things very very clear from the beginning, if they are missing even 1 of the questions I ask, I won't reply anymore to the conversation. I lose a lot of work but the clients I choose to work with give me zero troubles! You will get there too, take it as a lesson. 

I read your GIG description @roxana_nesfintu.  Just one friendly question if you don't mind, in case buyer says they don't like your work, how do you handle that case. Specifically when you think this is really good design you delivered. I know this is not matter waht we think about our work, but still.  

• Like 10

If the order was made by mistake  or the clients want to cancel the work before delivering. We can contact CS and they will cancel the order. So this type of cancelation doesn't  affect our completion rate. 

Edited by nemesisgd
  • Like 11

On 7/27/2022 at 8:18 AM, patilharidas said:

I read your GIG description @roxana_nesfintu.  Just one friendly question if you don't mind, in case buyer says they don't like your work, how do you handle that case. Specifically when you think this is really good design you delivered. I know this is not matter waht we think about our work, but still.  

You know what they say "prevention is better than cure", I think you should't be focussed on how to handle the cases but on how to avoid them! 

First thing I do not offer on Fiverr design development service, and this is indeed to avoid all this type of problems. Clients are required to send all specifications regarding the design they want (example: they will need to send me image references of the details they like, even from different pieces, or hand sketches ecc and I put them together). Mine is more of an illustration service following very specific requirements, than developing their designs.

I have bunch of request like: "Hi, I like this brand ****, can you make a design like that but to be different ad unique?" once I got a message like "I want to turn these designs that you're gonna do, into a very successful collection and to be a famous brand" (they think they spend a couple bucks on fiverr and magically you gonna revolutionize their life and turn them millionaires 🤣)  I decline all those requests, simple because those will turn out to be extremely difficult to handle, and will end up doing endless revisions, because what I learned is: clients like those they don't know what they want, but they know what they don't want, and it's always what you deliver! they will start to give you indications after the work is done, that's too much headache for me. 

And if you mean the quality of the illustration itself, then that never happen...My work is very consistent with what I share in my portfolio, actually I didn't even add my best works to my Fiverr portfolio because I don't want to set the expectation too high, I also send additional examples before the order being placed because I want to make sure the client knows exactly what I'm gonna deliver. I never had any client in 2 years of fiverr telling me that the illustrations didn't come out how they expected! 

So to reply your question: I don't handle those situations, simple because I'm very careful to not incur in any! 🤷‍♀️  

Edited by roxana_nesfintu
  • Like 10

On 7/28/2022 at 11:55 PM, roxana_nesfintu said:

You know what they say "prevention is better than cure", I think you should't be focussed on how to handle the cases but on how to avoid them! 

First thing I do not offer on Fiverr design development service, and this is indeed to avoid all this type of problems. Clients are required to send all specifications regarding the design they want (example: they will need to send me image references of the details they like, even from different pieces, or hand sketches ecc and I put them together). Mine is more of an illustration service following very specific requirements, than developing their designs.

I have bunch of request like: "Hi, I like this brand ****, can you make a design like that but to be different ad unique?" once I got a message like "I want to turn these designs that you're gonna do, into a very successful collection and to be a famous brand" (they think they spend a couple bucks on fiverr and magically you gonna revolutionize their life and turn them millionaires 🤣)  I decline all those requests, simple because those will turn out to be extremely difficult to handle, and will end up doing endless revisions, because what I learned is: clients like those they don't know what they want, but they know what they don't want, and it's always what you deliver! they will start to give you indications after the work is done, that's too much headache for me. 

And if you mean the quality of the illustration itself, then that never happen...My work is very consistent with what I share in my portfolio, actually I didn't even add my best works to my Fiverr portfolio because I don't want to set the expectation too high, I also send additional examples before the order being placed because I want to make sure the client knows exactly what I'm gonna deliver. I never had any client in 2 years of fiverr telling me that the illustrations didn't come out how they expected! 

So to reply your question: I don't handle those situations, simple because I'm very careful to not incur in any! 🤷‍♀️  

Thanks.  In few cases I follow you. Many time i meet this kind of buyers who really don't know what they want. I clearly see, the design I delivered is much better than the examples they shared but they never agree on this. Thanks again for taking my question and answering in brief. Thanks your time 🙏

• Like 8

On 7/29/2022 at 1:26 AM, naimat_best said:

check below screenshoot, i have also awarded by TIP from client.. till that my order were cancelled. 

Very sad to see. This happened with me few months back where support team canceled 2 (or i think 3) orders of one client but Fiverr added fund to my earning in next few hours. Again last month one order was cancelled by support team but not get refund, but it was fine, because buyer was not happy with my work.

Well, best luck 🍀.

• Like 9

On 7/26/2022 at 4:34 AM, roxana_nesfintu said:

Good luck

I have approached, CS team few days ago, after long discussions i win the case, orders were reverted into my account as delievered and and order completion rate also increase, funds credited into account.

This is the slap on buyers face 🙂
I am much happy then before

Screenshot_2.jpg

Edited by naimat_best
  • Like 9

8 hours ago, naimat_best said:

This is the slap on buyers face 🙂

I'm not sure, I think the clients get their refunds anyway. Is just Fiverr paying you in this case (the client might not even know you got your money) so not much of a slap on buyer's face ... (unfortunately) 

• Like 9

On 7/30/2022 at 10:45 PM, roxana_nesfintu said:

I'm not sure, I think the clients get their refunds anyway. Is just Fiverr paying you in this case (the client might not even know you got your money) so not much of a slap on buyer's face ... (unfortunately) 

Possibly yes

• Like 8

On 7/25/2022 at 1:02 AM, all_asmoule said:

yes..per order 15 %

On 7/25/2022 at 5:01 AM, dsilva said:

Yes, Mutual Cancellation affects the Orders Completed Rate by approximately 10% of each order

This is wrong. That percentage is calculated based on the number of orders you have cancelled and completed. There's no specific percentage.

• Like 7