Will editing my gig cause the promoted gigs feature to go away?

Hi, so I recently got the promoted gigs feature for one of my gigs. I wanted to edit the the thumbnail image and up my prices. Will making these changes potentially run the risk of losing this feature due to the fact of how the fiverr algorithm works.

Thanks,
Connor!

• Like 6
  • Up 1

1 hour ago, connorpeck said:

Hi, so I recently got the promoted gigs feature for one of my gigs. I wanted to edit the the thumbnail image and up my prices. Will making these changes potentially run the risk of losing this feature due to the fact of how the fiverr algorithm works.

Thanks,
Connor!

I wouldn't think so. I've updated my gigs numerous times without it affecting my promoted gigs. As long as the update makes sense (i.e. is improving your gig) you shouldn't have any problems like that. 🙂

• Like 6
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 2

I spoke to my success manager about this only last week. The quick answer apparently is no - unless, as @smashradio has alluded to, you don't completely change the gig!  Changing a gig's thumbnails and prices shouldn't have an impact on it's visibility, both in search or for the promoted gigs feature. Good luck! 

• Like 7
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, connorpeck said:

Thank you! How long did it take you to get seller plus after joining the waitlist? I've been on there for about a month. Just curious how long the wait may be.

I was invited as one of the first before there was a waitlist, so I'm not sure how long the wait is. I think it depends on whether or not the team sees you as a candidate that will gain value from the program + the obvious stuff, like how much capacity they have at the moment.

Edited by smashradio
  • Like 4
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

It was weird. One day like 2 months prior to even joining the waitlist I opened the fiverr dashboard an advertisement came up for Seller Plus. I wasn't sure if that was an invite or just an advertisement to join the waitlist.

• Like 2
  • Up 1

5 hours ago, webasif9 said:

Hello @connorpeckgreat to know that, you get the gig promotion option. I need to know just one think, when you get the gig promotion option in your gig. How long it was take to reach the gig promoted option.

Hi, so I’ve been on Fiverr since February 2022. I got it about 5 days ago. You need to be atleast a level 1 seller, have a certain amount of reviews, and other metrics which aren’t disclosed by Fiverr.

• Like 2
  • Up 1

Well, how many reviews you mean by certain amount of reviews. I am level 1 now. I have 6 reviews in my gig. So your details information will help me to prepare myself for the promotion option. 🙂

• Like 1

13 hours ago, webasif9 said:

Well, how many reviews you mean by certain amount of reviews. I am level 1 now. I have 6 reviews in my gig. So your details information will help me to prepare myself for the promotion option. 🙂

I have 39 reviews.

• Like 2

Well, how many reviews you mean by certain amount of reviews.

He already told you the answer: "You need to be atleast a level 1 seller, have a certain amount of reviews, and other metrics which aren’t disclosed by Fiverr."

Fiverr does not disclose most of the metrics required to have access to their additional site features. 

So your details information will help me to prepare myself for the promotion option. 🙂

If you eventually qualify, you will qualify when you qualify. Please reread my comment above. ⬆️

• Like 3