Can a Seller make a commission publish if the seller didn’t give them permission?

So my friend recently commissioned a Seller to produce a song for an unpublished story they’ve been working on. My friend provided the lyrics but commissioned the instrumentals.

After the commission was finished, the seller asked if they could post the song but my friend said that they don’t want their song posted publicly yet since the story that the song is for has yet to be published and made public either. But that the seller could post the instrumental version of it without the lyrics.

The seller agreed. Now almost a few months later my friend went to check out the seller’s profile only to see that the seller has made public the lyrics version of the song they commissioned. My friend messaged the Seller asking her to take it down but the seller has been ignoring them.

is there anything that could be done about this??

• Like 6

3 hours ago, benegige said:

ask your friend to contact fiverr support. they will take care of it. it may take them up to 3 days to respond so.. don't send multiple emails. good luck. 

• Like 5

11 hours ago, benegige said:

The seller agreed. Now almost a few months later my friend went to check out the seller’s profile only to see that the seller has made public the lyrics version of the song they commissioned. My friend messaged the Seller asking her to take it down but the seller has been ignoring them.

Question: Is this sample in the Seller's main gig samples, or in their Live Profile? (If it's in the Live Profile, it should be a simple matter for Fiverr support to fix.)

If it's a Live Portfolio sample, then it might not be intentional by the Seller, as a Buyer must give permission for that to display, and I'm told it is VERY easy to accidently give permission for new users. See: https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/360049216214-How-do-I-remove-the-work-sample-from-my-Live-Portfolio?segment=buyer

(Mostly adding this post/elaborating for other people who might visit this topic with a similar question.)

Per Fiverr's rules, Sellers cannot remove Live Portfolio samples without the Buyer's permission, and it's possible that the Seller just assumed the Buyer changed their mind to give permission. (Though that's not very good customer service by the seller, to have not contacted the Buyer about the file with the lyrics coming up in their samples. Though it is possible that the Seller didn't notice.)

• Like 1