QUANTITY OVER QUALITY !! welcome to fiverr

I have been a Fiverr seller since 2016 and I have made over 200+ completed orders, they gave me the opportunities to earn a leaving in my home country and be able to afford food and such, I am now stepping away a little bit not because I am looking to have another stream of income however because orders are dropping and I am not getting any sales at all !! my advice is to cheapen your skill and make it so cheap to sustain a little bit and if you are from a 3th world poor country I advise you to use all your gigs  and offer 5 dollars gig only !! thanks

Edited by deisgnheros
  • Like 10
  • Haha 2
  • Up 1

This is the worst possible advice I've seen this week. 

The Fiverr algorithm prefers higher-priced gigs, meaning lower-priced ones are likely to disappear. Fiverr is working hard to increase the spending on the platform. One of the ways is focusing on higher prices and quality rather than quantity. 

Perhaps you received some negative private feedback that stopped your sales flow.  Just because you had a slow period or didn't make it with higher rates doesn't mean others should undervalue themselves. 

• Like 12
  • Up 6

2 hours ago, deisgnheros said:

my advice is to cheapen your skill and make it so cheap to sustain a little bit and if you are from a 3th world poor country I advise you to use all your gigs  and offer 5 dollars gig only

OR...or look into what you might be doing right vs. what you might be doing wrong before giving advice. Irregardless of your previous posts on the forum, this advice is just... not OK. And I think you know it as well.

Could it be possible that what YOU personally were selling just wasn't worth it? Or that something else was wrong when it came to your deliveries? Even if that's NOT the case, saying to sell everything for $5 because you're from a 3rd world country is just... irresponsible. 

I know you're not seeking advice but..

Just to clear and PROVE my point:

In 2020, I started out selling 1000 words for $10. Over 2021 and 2022, I gradually raised it to... way more. 

Guess which years was I earning better/had more orders in? 

You know why? Because I had more time to write - so my quality also went up. I could purchase new software so I didn't have to rely on free stuff anymore. 

I know that you tried raising your prices and for some reason it backfired but... maybe the reason wasn't (just) Fiverr's fault? 

(Do NOT read this as me attacking you. I genuinely want to know more about your journey, and maybe even help if possible...) 

• Like 12

2 hours ago, deisgnheros said:

my advice is to cheapen your skill and make it so cheap to sustain a little bit and if you are from a 3th world poor country I advise you to use all your gigs  and offer 5 dollars gig only !! thanks

Thank you for making the best possible argument for a monthly charge to sell on Fiverr. We need to do the opposite of your "race to the bottom" approach. Why not sell gum at the bus station instead? Better that you remove your gigs which just clog the algorithm while there are sellers who are trying to run actual businesses, and provide buyers with quality services? 

Don't feel bad about this. Not everyone can drive an F1 car, some are destined to be great pickpockets at the race. Find your niche. 

Edited by newsmike
  • Like 12

15 minutes ago, lloydsolutions said:

Some previous topics: 

Honestly, I've seen them all - but I like to hear from the person themselves (aka, I always see the best in everyone.) I did recall some posts but they've been a bit... all over the place, so I wanted to kind of understand the 'current' happenings. (if my help was even needed, ha)

• Like 8

6 hours ago, deisgnheros said:

my advice is to cheapen your skill and make it so cheap to sustain a little bit and if you are from a 3th world poor country I advise you to use all your gigs  and offer 5 dollars gig only

This is the worst possible advice a professional could give. Never, ever, cheapen your skills, and the lower you price your services, the cheaper and more troublesome your buyers will become. Never, ever, ever, do this. Never!

• Like 6
  • Up 4

16 hours ago, katakatica said:

Even if that's NOT the case, saying to sell everything for $5 because you're from a 3rd world country is just... irresponsible. 

Agree with you. In any country you can earn big money if you benefit people (the price and quality of the goods correspond to the expectations that the seller on Fiverr gives 🤔 )

I just recently registered on Fiverr. I read who does what and what difficulties there are at the start. 

Edited by valartine_art
  • Like 5

19 hours ago, deisgnheros said:

I am looking to have another stream of income however because orders are dropping and I am not getting any sales at all !! my advice is to cheapen your skill and make it so cheap to sustain a little bit and if you are from a 3th world poor country I advise you to use all your gigs  and offer 5 dollars gig only !! thanks

My advice is not to give advice that might spoil someone's beginning and worsen their end.

There are a lot of artists, musicians, writers in the world, but all the paintings, music and books that each of them made cannot be appreciated in their entire lives (and we don't live long)

Value is the time spent on what you love to do and choose  what to watch, listen to and read only to you. Therefore, you need to constantly develop, look for your customers (who need your service) or, taking into account your vast temporary experience (conclude that you can improve and raise the price tag), everything is simple.

• Like 5

On 7/23/2022 at 10:25 PM, jonbaas said:

This is the worst possible advice a professional could give. Never, ever, cheapen your skills, and the lower you price your services, the cheaper and more troublesome your buyers will become. Never, ever, ever, do this. Never!

I guess It was ironic post :) don`t take it so serious :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, studiolo1 said:

I guess It was ironic post

From the context of what you wrote, no, it was not. 

2 hours ago, studiolo1 said:

don`t take it so serious

I take bad advice seriously, because it hurts other new sellers. 

• Like 1
  • Up 3

On 7/23/2022 at 7:46 AM, deisgnheros said:

make it so cheap

Not too cheap. I lowered one of my gigs for $30 to $20 and I'm getting more orders than ever. My target audience is writers that need book titles. They don't have deep pockets. 

I'm also paying Fiverr to promote my gigs, so I need to make enough to justify the expense. This month I have spent $19.06 and got $180 in promoted orders. 

I also lowered my radio gig from $50 to $25, and I finally got someone messaging me about my gig. 

My goal is to deliver the highest quality while obtaining the highest quantity of orders. It's not mutually exclusive, you just have to adjust your delivery time to whatever works for you. 

• Like 2
  • Up 2