About After completed work, automatically cancel order! What should need to do?

sb_riya

Question

Hello!

I want to know about one thing if you are a web developer and build a website accordingly to client requirements with 12 pages, The 10 pages were completed successfully after that,  but for the rest of 2 additional pages (policy and return) pages the client didn't provide content, you used dummy content. and asked the client for content many times but he didn't respond. At the end of the delivery time you delivered, then the client removed all the access he gave you and asked for a refund without giving any content. because of the 2 pages, he wants a refund.  you refused the cancel request, the client contacted customer care, and Fiverr automatically cancel the order.

I'm totally disappointed with this issue. That thing happened to me. I build the website with hard work and spent 10 days/

What should you do? and what should I need to do?

• Like 5
  • Sad 4

9 answers to this question

The same thing happened to me yesterday. It is disgusting. After getting a 100% guarantee from buyers about payment and timing, you can start your work. Otherwise, don't do this type of work. I got assurance from a seller to do some work to help him. I asked again about timing and payment. He didn't talk about it. When I have done it half, that means after 2 hours, he cancelled his order. That's why I don't believe this type of people. 

• Like 7

I wanted to work with an engineer to help in designing and building a house. It turns out there doesn't seem to be any person you can contact to help resolve

any issues. Very disappointing. I can't afford to pay out money and not know if I can trust the overall circumstances. Good luck going forward.

Its seems like a phantom company.

• Like 6

You learn from mistakes.

Ask for all the content and necessary information BEFORE you accept the order. If you accept the order with incomplete information that's on you. And you can see how it turned out. So NEVER accept an order without having all the information. I assume you did a custom offer, so you knew exactly how much content is needed, etc. 

Take it as a learning experience and move on. Avoid repeating the same mistake next time.

• Like 3
  • Up 3

On 7/21/2022 at 3:58 PM, sb_riya said:

Fiverr automatically cancel the order.

Fiverr did not "automatically" cancel the order. They saw that you made only a partial delivery, so they correctly cancelled it. Never deliver incomplete work. Better to keep sending requests and be late (if there is no other option) as opposed to having the whole thing cancelled out from under you. At least if you are late, that rolls out after 60 days. Here you lost 10 days pay. 

• Like 2

On 7/21/2022 at 2:58 PM, sb_riya said:

What should you do? and what should I need to do?

When you set up you gig make sure the order cannot start until the buyer fills out the requirements. Here are mine. 89494351_ScreenShot2022-07-23at10_26_44AM.thumb.png.30441ecba3fab27f0361450004241ab9.png

I made most of them multiple choice, so the buyer must submit an answer. One of my requirements forces them to attach the document they want me to work with before the order starts.  
821557814_ScreenShot2022-07-23at10_29_34AM.thumb.png.574cb89d12a24c509d135b762c5e281b.png

Good luck.\, I hope this helps. 🍀

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, newsmike said:

Do you ever get people who just paste "as discussed" in each dialog box?

No, because they must check one box or the other. However, even though my requirements are clear that they must attach an MS Word Doc, sometimes they attach a PP or a PDF.

Edited by vickiespencer