Extremely low impressions after endless research and tweaks - what am I doing wrong

danjsmith

My gig: https://www.fiverr.com/danjsmith/provide-top-tier-coverage-for-your-tv-or-film-screenplay

I haven't gotten a single sale or message - the only exception being one sale that actually came from my own social media post - so nothing to do with Fiverr.

I am regularly appearing on the last page in search (have gotten various friends to search loads of keywords to make sure it's not just personalised search results for me). I don't see how it's possible to leave obscurity, I'm not even in a super crowded market.

The people always appearing above me don't seem to have done any of the things that Fiverr recommends (tags, high quality images, video etc.) ... and many don't have any reviews. 

Things I've Done: 

-Experimented with endless combination of keywords, titles and images

-Tried various price points

-Uploaded the most professional video I'm capable of producing

-Used every feature there is (multiple packages, FAQS, Documents, Portfolio, Gig Extras etc.)

-Got a 5* from only sale

So (preferably without linking me to more reading material repeating the basics that I've already done) - what am I specifically doing wrong here?

Thanks!

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, danjsmith said:

So (preferably without linking me to more reading material repeating the basics that I've already done) - what am I specifically doing wrong here?

It's difficult to say for sure. This is just a guess, but I would think it has something to do with supply and demand. You're limiting yourself to very narrow areas of work. If I search for script coverage, most of the gigs have a few, but not many reviews. With roughly 120 competing gigs in a niche with little demand, it could be one of the reasons why you don't get much exposure. 

I found your gig on page 2 when searching for "script coverage". Most buyers don't go beyond page 1. 

You do have room for more gigs. Maybe you can research other areas in writing where there's a higher demand? The thing about Fiverr is that you need sales to be visible, and you need to be visible to land sales. 

I see that your gig is well optimized, so I'm inclined to believe this is an Occam's razor type of situation. You're in a low-demand category, decreasing your exposure, thereby not landing you sales. I don't think it's about your gig optimization. 

I hope this helps! 🙂 

Edited by smashradio
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, smashradio said:

It's difficult to say for sure. This is just a guess, but I would think it has something to do with supply and demand. You're limiting yourself to very narrow areas of work. If I search for script coverage, most of the gigs have a few, but not many reviews. With roughly 120 competing gigs in a niche with little demand, it could be one of the reasons why you don't get much exposure. 

I found your gig on page 2 when searching for "script coverage". Most buyers don't go beyond page 1. 

You do have room for more gigs. Maybe you can research other areas in writing where there's a higher demand? The thing about Fiverr is that you need sales to be visible, and you need to be visible to land sales. 

I see that your gig is well optimized, so I'm inclined to believe this is an Occam's razor type of situation. You're in a low-demand category, decreasing your exposure, thereby not landing you sales. I don't think it's about your gig optimization. 

I hope this helps! 🙂 

Thanks for the advise. It's a shame that what I'm looking to offer is maybe too niche for Fiverr, especially as it slots into an existing Fiverr category with no further narrowing down. Screenwriting is my main skill, so I'm not sure what do in terms of picking something more popular... especially as the prevailing advice seems to go niche. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, danjsmith said:

Thanks for the advise. It's a shame that what I'm looking to offer is maybe too niche for Fiverr, especially as it slots into an existing Fiverr category with no further narrowing down. Screenwriting is my main skill, so I'm not sure what do in terms of picking something more popular... especially as the prevailing advice seems to go niche. 

It might not be too niche for Fiverr. But you're having a hard time competing with the sellers who get orders in your niche, most likely because you haven't landed enough sales. We must remember that Fiverr is a business, and they will promote the moneymakers. 

Going niche is excellent advice. But if you're only in a single one, it might hurt your chances of building a trustworthy profile that Fiverr wants to promote. 

Creating a more diverse set of gigs can help you achieve that. And that will, in turn, positively affect your screenwriting gigs. 

Your primary skill might be screenwriting, but I imagine you'd need creativity and good writing skills to be a screenwriter, right? Those can be used outside of that niche, for example writing short stories, as a ghostwriter, scriptwriter for explainer videos/business videos, and commercials. All of those fall within similar areas of expertise.

I'm a copywriter (when I'm not doing voice-overs or translations). I excel at writing sales content for conversions, but I also work on lots of SEO content, blog posts, and rewriting of content. 

So you could try spreading your wings across multiple niches. 

The whole is greater than the sum of its parts. 

Edited by smashradio
  • Like 1