How to English improve Please suggestion.

devtowhid2

If you want to learn any language, live it. Make using and practicing it an every-day routine, be it a class, listening, reading/writing. BUT make sure most of it is native English speakers, or you'll be picking up bad habits. Be sure to welcome interaction and feedback, too.

For example, your topic title would be more correct as: "How to improve my English, please offer a suggestion" or "How to best improve English skills? Suggestions, please"

Edited by imagination7413
  • Like 12
  • Up 1

14 hours ago, imagination7413 said:

For example, your topic title would be more correct as: "How to improve my English, please offer a suggestion" or "How to best improve English skills? Suggestions, please"

Although "How to English" would make a catchy title for a book, movie, English online course, English language school,... And a band name, of course. People in those fields should hurry to copyright it, if possible, and if nobody yet has done so. 😉

My suggestion is combining the enjoyable with the helpful and  watching movies and shows in English with subtitles, whenever you'd spend time on that in your native language anyway.

Of course, do also target specific areas that you're either weak at or would need the most, with more classic things like books or online courses on grammar, vocabulary, conversation, business English, whatever it is. YouTube, for example, has loads of absolutely free and good content by native speakers, too, and often quite entertaining, as well. Search and you will find.

Edited by miiila
phone app being weird
  • Like 3
  • Up 1

4 hours ago, miiila said:

Although "How to English" would make a catchy title for a book, movie, English online course, English language school,... And a band name, of course. People in those fields should hurry to copyright it, if possible, and if nobody yet has done so.

I did say more correct, not fully correct. 😉 I tried to stick with the word choice OP used, since it's clear they're a beginner.

Proper for flow (something you might actually hear in public) could be: "How can I improve my spoken or written English? I'm open to any suggestions." or "Looking to improve my English skills, suggestions welcome."

---

I will also add something I thought of concerning learning English: Spoken casual US English is different in enough ways from spoken casual UK English that, if you can, try to stick to one or the other. (UK English is also different from Australian English, but my ear isn't good enough to distinguish Australian from New Zealand)

Edited by imagination7413
Typo
  • Like 2

On 7/21/2022 at 9:12 PM, imagination7413 said:

If you want to learn any language, live it. Make using and practicing it an every-day routine, be it a class, listening, reading/writing. BUT make sure most of it is native English speakers, or you'll be picking up bad habits. Be sure to welcome interaction and feedback, too.

Totally agree with this.  As how we learned our mother tongue, English need to be around us. I first used to watch kids movies. They are clear and easy to understand the pronunciations. 

Follow the basics and try your own way.  You will win!