What displays on the buyer's end after they've been blocked by a seller? 

dean_a_plus

Question

So far for my time on Fiverr, I've only had 2 buyers that I had a bad time working with. I even refuse to work with them again in the future. So, I just simply block them from contacting me anymore.

But I'm curious to know what exactly displays on their end after I've blocked them. Can anyone here share any snapshots of what would be shown?

• Like 8
  • Up 2

2 answers to this question

I've never been blocked before, but they likely get a message saying "you can no longer contact this seller".  I've seen this before when someone's account was closed by fiverr, for example. They do know you have blocked them.

I had one buyer create a second account to harass and threaten me after I blocked them, but luckily after doing that they didn't reach out again. Sometimes I do worry that the blocking method isn't really stealthy enough for these situations. It would be better if your profile was simply removed from their fiverr entirely (unable for them to find you or your previous messages, instead of getting a message saying "you can no longer contact this person").

• Like 7
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, joyh97 said:

It would be better if your profile was simply removed from their fiverr entirely (unable for them to find you or your previous messages, instead of getting a message saying "you can no longer contact this person").

I agree with that. But even if they create a second account, that's against fiverr's terms of service. So reporting them should likely solve that. 

• Like 7