Confused buyer

I am new to fiverr and so excited by what I've seen. I want to place my first order as a buyer. Looking for a logo design. I posted what I wanted and entered my max price of $120 - which was on the high end of what I was seeing for prices. Fiverr said going rate was $75-130 for what I wanted. Every response came back close to my max of $120, most sellers who responded were advertising much lower rates, like half of what they quoted me. I found a seller I liked who did not respond to my post. This seller's advertised prices for what I wanted were around $100. Instead of just buying a gig, I decided to contact seller and submit a request for a price. I again put my max as $120 and sent a detailed inquiry. Seller responded with a quote of $215 which is WAY over my budget. I don't understand - I could have just purchased a gig with everything I wanted for $100. When I asked for a quote, it was $215. Can I negotiate with the seller? I love their designs but can't afford to pay almost twice my budget. Should I be putting in a lower number as my max price? Should I just buy a gig rather than ask for a quote? Why are so many sellers coming in so high when they advertise much lower prices on their gigs? Please advise!

• Like 11

22 minutes ago, jessicaf258 said:

Can I negotiate with the seller?

I don’t think you should negotiate but you definitely should ask the seller what’s the difference between what he offered in your quote and his let’s say premium package. 
The seller should have a clear distinctive answer as to why the price is higher. 
“It’s just more complex” also doesn’t cut it for me because if it is not specified in his gig that pricing depend on the complexity of work then he can’t just spike his price like that. 
When clients contact me with their ideas and descriptions I always point it to one of my gig packages that it will fall into. And if it’s more then a specify it will be my premium package plus x$ for extra versions, plus x$ for extra files etc. 

I wouldn’t trust working with a seller that doesn’t have a good explanation as to why he quoted you a higher price than in his gig 

• Like 7
  • Up 4
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, mariashtelle1 said:

I don’t think you should negotiate but you definitely should ask the seller what’s the difference between what he offered in your quote and his let’s say premium package. 

Excellent idea! thank you

• Like 9