Which gig thumbnail do you prefer ?

psykkopatte

Hi,

I've just created a new gig but I don't know which thumbnail would be better, this is a gig called "I will make 3D ad commercial product with video and audio editing"
If you were a buyer, what thumbnail would make you buy something ?

Number 1: honey
Number 2: PC 

Honey final comp_00000.png

PC.png

• Like 9
  • Confused 3

8 minutes ago, samus_x said:

The first one really shows off your skills, but the second one is sleeker and way more modern-looking. This really is a dilemma! 🤔

Yes, this is why it's tricky, PC looks professionnal but minimalist, honey shows what I can do but looks more like I am into graphic design, despite that this 3D domain is close to it, I do both animations and photo ad

Edited by psykkopatte
  • Like 11

What I recommend is to use the second one as a primary image and the other one as a secondary image. This way you use both. The second one seems and feels more professional, even if the first one is more detailed. So I would use the second one as a primary one to grab attention with its sleekness and style, then also use the second one to show the other skills 🙂

• Like 9
  • Up 5

Just now, donnovan86 said:

What I recommend is to use the second one as a primary image and the other one as a secondary image. This way you use both. The second one seems and feels more professional, even if the first one is more detailed. So I would use the second one as a primary one to grab attention with its sleekness and style, then also use the second one to show the other skills 🙂

Alright, if Donnovan says it then I trust 100% ! 
It's what I did per default, I just wait that the thumbnail refresh.

• Like 10

I really like the second option! It looks very modern, professional and visually appealing. I think the composition in the first option has a lot of detail/elements which might distract potential buyers from choosing your gig or clicking on the thumbnail. How about you? What are your thoughts? 🤔

• Like 9

14 hours ago, vickiespencer said:

Why did you use the words "Honey Badger"? Do you know what a honey badger is?

844858965_ScreenShot2022-07-19at12_19_54PM.png.5149623606285d59dfde27f242a80385.png

In fact, in my gig, I have changed every brands into funny things for copyrights, like instead of "RedBull" I modified the brand into "BedFull", the brand "BeQuiet!" into "BeNoisy!"
For the honey one, this is supposed to be honey, and there is the animal called honey badger, so to find a funny brand ->  Honey, honey badger, get it 😄
Yes it's not funny I know.... I tried

Edited by psykkopatte
  • Like 6
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, gdaydesign_au said:

I really like the second option! It looks very modern, professional and visually appealing. I think the composition in the first option has a lot of detail/elements which might distract potential buyers from choosing your gig or clicking on the thumbnail. How about you? What are your thoughts? 🤔

Yes, the first one has some mistakes, I should have changed honey color in post prod to make it bright and more clear and I forgot to rotoscop one of the sun flower, it looks very cartoon this is true, per default I did as all of you, but in the doubt I asked for other point of views so everyone seems to agree on the same one.

• Like 10

Definetly the second one. But put the first one in the gallery too.

First one looks like a paused video. It has more 3d craftsmanship value but the design seems a little weak. Too much accesories around, hard to read text choice and stuff.

Second one is a razor sharp finished product. It has less textures, shadows and whatnot. But, you out-designed them and you dont need them there. Its perfect for advertisement.

• Like 7