Gig Marketing

fatema1designer

1 hour ago, mariashtelle1 said:

Please do not spread misinformation, outside marketing has nothing to do with internal fiverr ranking. 

In this page Fiverr say something similar:

https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/360011028318-Managing-your-Gigs?segment=seller

How can I get my Gig ranked higher?

Promoting your gigs on social media, websites, or blogs is a great way to bring more traffic to your gig. The more traffic, the more exposure you will receive in our marketplace. Completing your orders on time and providing exceptional service can also affect your ranking. As long as you are doing well in these areas, your ranking will improve

So maybe Fiverr's help page is misleading if the "more traffic" (though promotion on sites) doesn't lead to more exposure in search results. Or maybe they mean more chance of orders if you do external site promotion, and if you get more orders that could increase the chance your gig will increase in rank.

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, uk1000 said:

Or maybe they mean more chance of orders if you do external site promotion, and if you get more orders that could increase the chance your gig will increase in rank.

That’s what they mean and that’s what the wording suggest. Plus they still have a lot of outdated information there.  But as we discussed this topic many times spamming their gig links (and that’s what they mean by this comments) is not part of ranking. Even the word ranking is highly questionable. I keep using it only because it’s easier for people on the forum to understand. 
It’s been discussed extensively and we know that you disagree but it’s kinda pointless discussing it again because there is no new data. Unless of course you tried sharing your gig on social media yourself and can confirm that you saw your gig ranking increasing 😉

• Like 1
  • Up 3