Seller Account and Gigs Derank

zaheer2284

Hello mates,   

I have  been seller on Fiverr since 2016,  Its long journey.   Now days soem of youtubers and some other mentors saying if Seller account or gig went down.  Its mean our account is de ranked so that person should close account and make new one?  Does it make sense?  If its true so how we can rise again? By the way I am feeling this I have gone out ranked.   

• Like 8
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, zaheer2284 said:

Now days soem of youtubers and some other mentors saying if Seller account or gig went down.  Its mean our account is de ranked so that person should close account and make new one?

And those youtubers and "mentors" are dead wrong. They clearly do not know how Fiverr works. There is no rank on Fiverr -- that's not how Fiverr works. And closing an account, just to open a new one will not make you any more successful, or bring you any more orders. That's also not how Fiverr works.

• Like 14
  • Up 8
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, zaheer2284 said:

Now days soem of youtubers and some other mentors saying if Seller account or gig went down.  Its mean our account is de ranked so that person should close account and make new one?

😱 What! Why would you merely throw away the 418 reviews appearing on your account!? 😬 Most YouTube gurus are not good mentors.
If you are getting fewer orders, it is likely due to hidden metrics such as the 'secret' reviews a seller can leave for you. They can leave such reviews even if they do not give you a public review.

I noticed that even though you have over 400 reviews with a 4.9 average, your current gig does not have any reviews. That may be why buyers are reluctant to order from you. However, I noticed that you had an order completed two days ago, so you are on your way!  🥳

• Like 11
  • Up 5

hey man 

10 hours ago, jonbaas said:

And those youtubers and "mentors" are dead wrong. They clearly do not know how Fiverr works. There is no rank on Fiverr -- that's not how Fiverr works. And closing an account, just to open a new one will not make you any more successful, or bring you any more orders. That's also not how Fiverr works.

hey Jon,  after getting lot of experience and completed 600+ orders gig are not even on 10th page so thats called gig ranking or account.   Those youtubers and mentors are selling their coursed on that base and surprisingly people getting results and yes so many people making 10+ accounts and this is their strategy.   I dont think fiverr has strong policy for old and new buyers even they dont care quality of work they just want to rush people on fiverr no mater whats going on there. 

• Like 9
  • Confused 1

On 7/19/2022 at 2:47 AM, zaheer2284 said:

hey Jon,  after getting lot of experience and completed 600+ orders gig are not even on 10th page so thats called gig ranking or account.

Like I said, there is no set gig rank on Fiverr. That's not how Fiverr works anymore. Now, gigs are directly matched to specific buyers that the Fiverr algorithm thinks would be interested in your services. This means that every buyer searching for gigs, like yours, sees different search results. Some of those searchers see your gig in the results; others do not. Fiverr is a matching service, a lot like a dating app. It no longer operates like a Google search system based on rank.

It doesn't matter how many gigs you have completed in the past. Rank does not determine who sees your gig.

Those youtubers and mentors are selling their coursed on that base and surprisingly people getting results and yes so many people making 10+ accounts and this is their strategy.

I don't care what those Youtubers think their strategy is, they are giving false advice, and hoping to sucker in desperate new sellers who think those fake mentors know what they're talking about. Every other veteran/experienced seller on these forums will tell you the same thing. Those Youtubers do not know how Fiverr works, and those sellers who rely on them to become better sellers, usually fail..... because the Youtubers are not telling the truth. They clearly do not know how Fiverr actually works.

I dont think fiverr has strong policy for old and new buyers even they dont care quality of work they just want to rush people on fiverr no mater whats going on there. 

Fiverr wants successful sellers. That's why Fiverr, and only Fiverr, is the best source of advice for becoming a better seller. Us long-time sellers, who volunteer our time on the forum, to help new sellers understand what we know of the system, are far better sources of advice than Youtubers who only want to build up their views and channel monetization. 

• Like 9
  • Up 5

On 7/19/2022 at 3:47 AM, zaheer2284 said:

Those youtubers and mentors are selling their coursed on that base

... Word of advice: never trust someone who sells 'success'. 

Coaches exist, yes, but you need discernment and critical thinking skills. Question and test everything. Those 'people getting results', have you looked up their Fiverr accounts? Can you look up their profiles to see if there's truth in the claims? Have you looked up the Fiverr profiles of the people making the videos?

Edited by imagination7413
  • Like 7
  • Up 3

On 7/20/2022 at 8:36 AM, jonbaas said:

Like I said, there is no set gig rank on Fiverr. That's not how Fiverr works anymore. Now, gigs are directly matched to specific buyers that the Fiverr algorithm thinks would be interested in your services. This means that every buyer searching for gigs, like yours, sees different search results. Some of those searchers see your gig in the results; others do not. Fiverr is a matching service, a lot like a dating app. It no longer operates like a Google search system based on rank.

It doesn't matter how many gigs you have completed in the past. Rank does not determine who sees your gig.

I don't care what those Youtubers think their strategy is, they are giving false advice, and hoping to sucker in desperate new sellers who think those fake mentors know what they're talking about. Every other veteran/experienced seller on these forums will tell you the same thing. Those Youtubers do not know how Fiverr works, and those sellers who rely on them to become better sellers, usually fail..... because the Youtubers are not telling the truth. They clearly do not know how Fiverr actually works.

Fiverr wants successful sellers. That's why Fiverr, and only Fiverr, is the best source of advice for becoming a better seller. Us long-time sellers, who volunteer our time on the forum, to help new sellers understand what we know of the system, are far better sources of advice than Youtubers who only want to build up their views and channel monetization. 

Oh great I will keep your words in my mind.   Please suggest me, if I make new gigs what things should I keep in mind.  I am asking technically like how title should be,  how keyword placement,  how description, image.    I think myself missing something I am seller form last 6 years and always struggling.  I have served so many clients in data entry and they give 5 start because data entry is visible work that can be checked at time when it finished.   So my account should be in good earning condition at least but it is not unfortunately.   what do you say?

On 7/20/2022 at 2:06 PM, imagination7413 said:

... Word of advice: never trust someone who sells 'success'. 

Coaches exist, yes, but you need discernment and critical thinking skills. Question and test everything. Those 'people getting results', have you looked up their Fiverr accounts? Can you look up their profiles to see if there's truth in the claims? Have you looked up the Fiverr profiles of the people making the videos?

Thank for you answer,  can you please elaborate more which technical aspects we should keep in mind to get orders.    Like I have reviews and positive feedback and experience too.

• Like 8

Back up a moment.

I glanced at your profile and it says you delivered an order 12 hours ago.

'Rank' doesn't matter if you are getting orders.

Stop listening to people that say you have to change, if you're already succeeding. Yes, you seem to have hit a slump, as your last review was 7 months ago, but Buyers are not obligated to leave reviews. If this is your first order after a dry spell, then give the algorithm time to adjust to you making a delivery. 

• Like 11

3 hours ago, zaheer2284 said:

what do you say?

You're going to have to figure out what works for you on your own. I'm not going to do your work for you. Experiment with creative ideas until YOU find what works for YOU. If you're not willing to be bold and experiment (until you find what what works for you), then you shouldn't be in business as a freelancer.

• Like 8

On 7/18/2022 at 8:59 PM, zaheer2284 said:

so that person should close account and make new one?  Does it make sense? 

You are a level 2 seller and your last delivery was 3 days ago.

It would be total madness to start again from scratch!

However, there is a glaring typo in your first gig image which would make many buyers run a mile!

You are offering data entry which requires extreme attention to detail.

Yet, you have misspelt DATA ENTRY as DATA ETNRY in capitals within your gig image.

Attention to detail is very important and mistakes will put many buyers off.

They will just move on to buy from someone else.

Suggest you fix this ASAP!

Am sure you have lost many potential sales due to this error.

• Like 4