How to get 1st order in fiverr

nonigopal_das

9 hours ago, nonigopal_das said:

I often find that orders are available if fiver is active for 24 hours. How important it is to get orders?

You are a new seller with no sales.

Ignore this potentially account risking nonsense which is being spammed endlessly all over the forum.

It can result in this: 

https://community.fiverr.com/forums/topic/221280-today-first-time-i-got-tos-violation-warning/#comments

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, nonigopal_das said:

I am a new seller on fiver. Coming to the fiver forum, I often find that orders are available if fiver is active for 24 hours. How important it is to get orders?

It's not important. Staying online is a severe waste of time and resources. You are much better off spending your time improving your skills and learning new ones. Then you are able to create new services and provide more value to your clients. Focus on improving yourself. Staying online on Fiverr is not something that you want to strive for. Sure, if you are working on stuff and delivering, you're online anyway. But don't sit in front of the computer staring at your monitor with Fiverr open. It's a waste of time and life.

• Like 1
  • Up 4
  • Thanks 1

Sometimes ONLINE budget helps you to get more orders from clients who in a rush and need fast turnaround 

But it is very important reply on messages as fast as you can. Because response time reflects on your overall rating, which influence to your visibility in search for clients.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, sizeburo said:

Sometimes ONLINE budget helps you to get more orders from clients who in a rush and need fast turnaround 

Nah. What happens is that most buyers end up creating a list of prospects and then they send messages to them. Buyers are more interested in reviews, samples, staying online will just waste your time. But do it if you want, just remember it won't give any benefit.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 7/25/2022 at 5:17 AM, bashirahmadqama said:

However, Staying online will help you respond to buyer's messages quickly which will increase your response rate and time.

I say not true! Both my response rate and time are 100%. I am retired, and I sleep in until 8 or 9 am. Then I get on my computer and answer messages, some of which are 9 hours old. I sign off at about 8 pm for a pleasant, uninterrupted evening. However, note: Even though I am signed into Fiverr, I am not sitting in front of my computer unless I have work to do. 

I carry my phone with me, and I have my setting such that I am notified through the Fiverr app that I have a message. If it is easy to answer, I use my phone. If needed, I get on my computer to respond. 

On 7/25/2022 at 2:55 PM, sizeburo said:

In my experience, these buyers will wait until I am online to order. Your strategy may be valuable if they need their work in less than 12 hours.

On 7/25/2022 at 4:54 PM, sizeburo said:

Online is just one more way for being featured.

I suppose if their buyer filters for online sellers, your chances of being seen by buyers will improve. However, Fiverr matches buyers with sellers that they think will best fit the buyer's needs, so there is that requirement to meet too. 

Edited by vickiespencer
  • Like 18
  • Up 3

• 3 weeks later...