Can buyers leave a private review if they just marked the order as complete without reviewing it

donnovan86

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, I'm going back to @donnovan86's topic.

On 7/19/2022 at 2:31 PM, moikchap said:

Does the second prompt occur if a tip was left after the first prompt? 
I'm probably not going to test this one, but; Does the second prompt occur if a negative review was left the first time.

... I can see Prompt 2 be weighted less, even zero, due to how wildly it would end up varying from Prompt 1. They would put it out there anyways if they found they were getting more tips by doing it.

After reviewing more of my own orders (as a buyer and as a seller) ... this second prompt occurs 24 hours after the order closes, regardless of whether a tip was left or not AND... (this makes me mad) ... it even occurs after a negative review from a seller is left.

On 7/22/2022 at 7:01 AM, dean_a_plus said:

one of the purpose of private feedback is for buyers to leave a more honest review ANONYMOUSLY. 

If buyers can see a negative review from a seller before giving their private reviews, I'm not sure how "honest" this review is.

Here's what happened to me as a seller:

1.  The buyer maxed out his 3 revisions and requested a 4th. 

2. I offered a gig extra for a 4th revision.

3. The buyer ignores my gig extra and closes the order after making the comment "revisions will be handled in the inbox."

4. The buyer immediately leaves a review.

5. He messages me for free revisions in the inbox. I refuse.

6. I give my first negative review simply because this buyer was difficult to work with.

7. Both reviews are posted publicly. I can see that the buyer left a 5-star review (because he wanted free work done via the inbox). The buyer had 24 hours to stare at my negative review and my inbox response stating I would not give him free revisions.

8. The buyer gives private feedback. I suspect it was negative (based on my gig impressions).

On 7/19/2022 at 2:31 PM, moikchap said:

... I can see Prompt 2 be weighted less, even zero, due to how wildly it would end up varying from Prompt 1. 

My gig impressions have been steadily declining each day since the buyer's private review (from 4,514 to 598). It doesn't appear that the 2nd prompt is weighted less. 

In retrospect, I could have avoided this because I knew the 2nd prompt was coming in 24 hours. So I could have waited to leave my public review and told him "no" on the revisions after the private review was given.

Luckily impressions, clicks, and orders are on a rise in my other gigs.

• Like 9
  • Up 2

3 hours ago, vickieito said:

It doesn't appear that the 2nd prompt is weighted less. 

That's disappointing. I don't see the need of a 2nd private review anyway. They don't ask for a second public review. If it would be related to the overall Fiverr experience maybe. But it's related to the order AGAIN? It makes no sense. Well, it is what it is, these are the rules..

• Like 8
  • Up 2

If buyers can see a negative review from a seller before giving their private reviews, I'm not sure how "honest" this review is.

This is why I'm a coward and always review buyers as 'great buyer'. (I know, I know, some sellers will judge me for this (fair enough)).

The truth is after a bad experience I don't want to add fuel to the fire and just want to move on.

To be clear though, re the above, and please correct me if I'm wrong? (I've bought quite a bit but may be forgetting):

1) There are only 2 reviews. 1 private. 1 public.

2) Buyers are prompted (more than once) to provide them if they have not provided one or both of them.

3) The weighting of the private feedback has no link with the prompt to provide it / the time that has elapsed (I don't see why it should).

4) There is not a second private review.

• Like 9
  • Up 2

@williambryan392 & @donnovan86,

This was discussed earlier in the thread before it took off on a tangent. There are three reviews that buyers get to leave after each order:

image.thumb.png.b0afac44b1bc6bb7f7771b7d473ba2d0.png

@miiila also mentioned a buyer leaving a review after cancelation, but it might just be the anonymous review.

On 7/21/2022 at 5:21 PM, miiila said:

Slightly off-topic, but then again not - unless they changed it, it seems buyers can also leave private feedback after a cancellation; or at least, that's what a buyer told me after a mutual cancellation, where he didn't need the service, after all, and I hadn't started with the work yet.

He'd said he left good feedback, so I'm guessing it must have been a private review.

• Like 8
  • Up 2

2 hours ago, vickieito said:

There are three reviews that buyers get to leave after each order

Ah ok! Didn't realise there are 2 private reviews. I just thought those were different types of the 1 private review.

I was previously pretty sure that a cancellation meant there wouldn't be a review. I've seen some buyers here complain of not being able to leave a review after a cancellation. But now I'm not so sure!

• Like 8

also mentioned a buyer leaving a review after cancelation, but it might just be the anonymous review.

I was very respectful with the person and I canceled because they wanted something extremely niche and ordered without even talking with me. I even offered the content they asked but decided to cancel because I didn't feel ok with the delivery. That's why I was curious. Even if I canceled, there shouldn't be any bad private review because I was very professional with the entire thing. I was still curious if people can still share a private review even if they didn't basically pay for anything since the order was canceled.  

• Like 7

3 hours ago, williambryan392 said:

I was previously pretty sure that a cancellation meant there wouldn't be a review. I've seen some buyers here complain of not being able to leave a review after a cancellation. But now I'm not so sure!

@miiila shared previously that accdg to one of her buyers wherein it involved a cancellation, said buyer left her "good feedback". Well, she did ask for someone to confirm if anyone else had any further experiences relating to it but I don't think someone was able to confirm.

@frank_d Hi frank 🙂 Sorry to tag you on this, but do you happen to know if buyers are able to leave "private" feedback of sorts after a cancelled order?

• Like 8

50 minutes ago, theratypist said:

@frank_d Hi frank 🙂 Sorry to tag you on this, but do you happen to know if buyers are able to leave "private" feedback of sorts after a cancelled order?

There is a separate exit survey when an order is canceled through mutual agreement, where they ask you why you wanted to cancel and what exactly happened.

It’s been a while since I had to cancel an order as a buyer so this questionnaire may have been changed, but it does exist still.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3