FAKE offerings - Cant report them as the faker blocks you as soon as you are mentioning it.

peterpan348

Question

Fiverr is protecting fraudulent offerings by a flawed system design. You can't report them, as the faker will block you as soon as they know that you know. And with that the blocking link is also gone. This should be changed, so they can't continue.

• Like 9

8 answers to this question

2 hours ago, peterpan348 said:

Fiverr is protecting fraudulent offerings by a flawed system design. You can't report them, as the faker will block you as soon as they know that you know. And with that the blocking link is also gone. This should be changed, so they can't continue.

Why would you tell the seller that you know? Simply report them and stop your communication with the seller if you think they are being fraudulent. There's no need to tell them. Your method seems to be the problem here. The system works just fine if you use it correctly. 

Edited by smashradio
  • Like 12
  • Up 1

3 hours ago, smashradio said:

Why would you tell the seller that you know? Simply report them and stop your communication with the seller if you think they are being fraudulent. There's no need to tell them. Your method seems to be the problem here. The system works just fine if you use it correctly. 

How to know if the posting is fake without asking questions? 

Edited by peterpan348
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, peterpan348 said:

How to know if the posting is fake without asking questions? 

Of course you can ask questions. But you said: "faker will block you as soon as they know that you know". So the trick is to not let them know. You can ask questions without giving away that you suspect them of anything. It's all about how you frame your questions. Outright calling them out will guarantee that they block you, but leading questions might have a similar effect. So try to ask questions in a nice way that won't give your suspicion away. 

• Like 9

On 7/19/2022 at 4:42 AM, smashradio said:

Of course you can ask questions. But you said: "faker will block you as soon as they know that you know". So the trick is to not let them know. You can ask questions without giving away that you suspect them of anything. It's all about how you frame your questions. Outright calling them out will guarantee that they block you, but leading questions might have a similar effect. So try to ask questions in a nice way that won't give your suspicion away. 

Some offer a service in 3 different "sizes",  $10, $30, $50... - I would like to order the smaller one - Can you buy the one for $50? - No, it is a small job and matches your $10 description well. - Can not do, BLOCKED... So, it would be good not removing the report link... I have no time to play police... Even mentioning it here did not do much about it... Waste of time. Let the bad people run the game, it is the same everywhere nowadays....

• Like 5
  • Sad 2

17 hours ago, peterpan348 said:

Some offer a service in 3 different "sizes",  $10, $30, $50... - I would like to order the smaller one - Can you buy the one for $50? - No, it is a small job and matches your $10 description well. - Can not do, BLOCKED... So, it would be good not removing the report link... I have no time to play police... Even mentioning it here did not do much about it... Waste of time. Let the bad people run the game, it is the same everywhere nowadays....

If the buyer offers to do it for 50, even though their gig description would indicate that this is a 10-dollar job, why not ask the seller why? 
"Why does it cost 50, when your gig description says X, Y and Z?" 

Perhaps your request did in fact require additional work that wasn't in the scope of their 10-dollar package. If that's the case, the seller should be able to explain it to you. If not, say "Thanks for the offer, but this doesn't match my current budget. Perhaps I'll contact you again in the future, if I have the budget to work with you."

Being nice doesn't hurt. 🙂

As a seller, I get tons of requests each day. Several of them come from penny-pinching buyers who don't want to pay my going rate, and will try every technique in the book to avoid it.

After getting 4-5 of those in a day, it's easy to just block the buyer out of sheer annoyance. It doesn't mean they have done something wrong. You didn't take the time to even ask why the price was higher than the gig page indicated, in your example above. 

• Like 5

On 7/18/2022 at 7:46 PM, smashradio said:

can you please tell what can we do with them? is there any solution?

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, studiolo1 said:

can you please tell what can we do with them? is there any solution?

Not really. As far as I know, there are no "report" button on requests and you can't know the username of the person sending the request in the first place. Buyer requests is a bottomless pit of garbage jobs, which is why I never used the feature to begin with. Better to avoid it entirely and focus on making your gigs better instead. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, smashradio said:

Not really. As far as I know, there are no "report" button on requests and you can't know the username of the person sending the request in the first place. Buyer requests is a bottomless pit of garbage jobs, which is why I never used the feature to begin with. Better to avoid it entirely and focus on making your gigs better instead. 

Thanks I totally agree with you, but It is hard to be exposed especially for beginners (Regardless of their qualifications)... that is why not everyone can effort themselves to avoid It entirely... thank you for response :)

• Like 4