Went from having a LOT of work to ghost town and the gig has dropped off the face of the earth!

bnbduck

So I have been flying along with customers for mainly one of my gigs, I paused the listing while I went away camping (no service), since coming back, my listing has all but disappeared, I even had to send my returning customer a link as she couldn't find it. 

I have lived on page one for my keywords for about 3 years and am now buried over in pages 4/8 depending on the day. 

My listing is showing as no longer promotable and my response rate refuses to go up, I even lost my level 2 seller status and have only just got it back. My response rate was on 92% when I went to bed last night, I got an order overnight, then it went down to 90% when I woke up! Do Fiverr expect me to wake up and respond to a buyer in the middle of the night?

Is it normal to be relegated from a thriving business to an absolute ghost town in a matter of weeks?

Could some random person have reported my ad or something? No idea why I cant promote my listings anymore or can't be seen for my keywords anymore.. bizzare!

• Like 4
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, bnbduck said:

Is it normal to be relegated from a thriving business to an absolute ghost town in a matter of weeks?

Hmm... I feel like there might have been something (say, bad private feedback/etc.) that could have messed with your stats, but just in general I think airbnb is getting a worse-than-before reputation (just from seeing my travel groups on fb, etc.) It might just be that some people are slowly moving away from it as well - which would of course generate you less orders. Obviously, this is just speculation (and there could be other factors, maybe even including you going away/not replying fast enough, etc.) but based on the horror stories I've been hearing when it comes to airbnbs recently...

I'd just keep on going for a bit longer and maybe expand your services (for say, booking.com listings, hotels, etc.) 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, bnbduck said:

Do Fiverr expect me to wake up and respond to a buyer in the middle of the night?

It's tracked over the past 60 days.

Also, you might have gotten back private feedback, which pushes you towards the bottom of the pack. Also, you paused the listing, Fiverr is still an active marketplace, so people continued to place orders with your competitors. They have great feedback most likely, you barely had an order recently, so obviously you are pushed towards the bottom of the pack. Since the ranking and listings are organic, you will be pushed back if you don't generate sales and good feedback. Which is normal, because everyone deserves a chance. You didn't work for a week, let's say, but someone worked very hard that week, obviously it would be unfair for you to keep your old spot in search results when you didn't do anything that week, while someone did a ton of work.

Work hard, generate positive reviews and good feedback, you will get back.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, bnbduck said:

No idea why I cant promote my listings anymore

This also shows you might have gotten a bad private review. Fiverr monitors certain things in order to track ad performance, if you had some bad reviews that might be why... Either that, response time, cancellations, etc.

• Like 5
  • Up 2

3 hours ago, bnbduck said:

I even lost my level 2 seller status and have only just got it back.

You have got it back!

3 hours ago, bnbduck said:

Your last delivery was a week ago and you have 2 orders in the queue!

You are on your way!

In the marketplace, a Gig's position is based on the seller’s performance over a set period. Gig positions are not permanent and can rotate daily. 

There are many factors to take into consideration, some of which may include: 

• Order cancellations
  • Delivery rate
  • Responsiveness
  • The particular Gig’s maximum number of active orders in the queue, as based on your seller level.  
  • Other Gigs performing at a higher rate.

If other sellers are ranked higher, they may be consistently getting 5-star feedback, delivering on time, communicating quicker, and so on. It all counts. For this reason, ensure that you provide high-quality and original work, avoid late deliveries and cancellations, are responsive, and always remain professional.

The above is from the Help Centre.

• Like 7

Hi. Your post is missing one vital info. You say you've been away for "weeks", but not for how long your gig is a ghost town.

You'll find many posts by sellers saying that they experience that after using unavailable mode, even for shorter times, you'll even find some recommending to not use it all (not me!), and that things pick up again after a while, like a week or two, which seems to be quite common.

Probably, the longer you've been unavailable, the longer it will take, but I'm sure there are other things that play a role as well, for example, how many regular customers a seller has, or there could be other reasons too, playing into this, like a not so favourable private review, or a general lull in your niche, as others have mentioned, also, it seems to be summer vacation time, judging by the amount of customers wishing me nice holidays (bless them, ahaha).

It can be very difficult to safely pin x down to (just) y on Fiverr, it's become a very complex entity.

Regarding your response rate, no, they only expect you to respond to all messages by new people (that including spam, alas, unless it's filtered out by Fiverr itself) within 24 hours for that rate, as detailed in their info pages, but, like the order completion, too, it's a % rate over a certain timeframe, so it fluctuates, if you missed one message on June 15, for example, and not another one, you'll see different %, depending on how many new messages, until it should reset to 100% around August 15, 60 days later.

• Like 9

Thank you so much everyone for your very detailed responses, it's been a great insight!

I haven't received any negative feedback that I am aware of, but I will take this into consideration. 

My response time just dipped again to 88% overnight. I did receive a message from the client that I currently have an order with, to which I reply to as soon as I wake up in the morning (majority of my clients are from the US, im from Australia so opposite timezones, I can't reply straight away). 

I've contacted Fiverr as I'm going to drop down a seller level again the way this is going and I'm sure the response time is what's affecting my listing ranking, I've never had this issue in all my years as a seller, I have no idea what's going on! 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1