Is the Get Brief useful on Fiverr?

isratmunna

Question

3 hours ago, isratmunna said:

Is the Get Brief useful on Fiverr? Because I never got any order from 'Get Brief'

Thank you,

Israt Munna

No. Briefs are useless. They rarely match your skills or gigs and the buyer sposting them have no clue how to use Fiverr. A big waste of time. 

• Like 27
  • Sad 2
  • Up 4
  • Thanks 4

My experience unfortunately matches that of smashradio rather than if vickieito. Almost all briefs I got were either Telegram scam spam, or totally irrelevant for my Gigs, i.e. for things I don't offer by a long shot, and the very few that were relevant, weren't that relevant, after all, like ridiculous budget, or super vague (and most probably the Telegram scam in disguise).

I hope the current Buyer Request redesign took the data they gathered from the Briefs rejection questionnaires into account, so that the whole ordeal will not just have been wasted time for many sellers.

• Like 29
  • Up 3

10 hours ago, vickieito said:

I actually love the Buyer Briefs

They might be better if you're working with English content. I get tons of Briefs, but they are never in the languages I work with. That's the biggest issue, and it should be easy to fix. 

But I'm glad you found some use of them. However, this is one of those times where I wholeheartedly disagree. I wish Briefs would go the way of thumbs up/down and people selling "I will sing this song out of tune for you for five dollars"-gigs. 😄

• Like 25
  • Haha 2
  • Up 4
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, vickieito said:

@smashradio & @miiila - It looks like the briefs "adjust" to your preferences based on how you respond to them. They seem to be a lot more relevant now than when I first started.

However, since both of you are successful TRSs, I don't think these briefs will be helpful for you. I see the Buyer Briefs as more helpful to newbie sellers (who have extra time) or sellers who need an extra order or two to keep the orders coming in.

I get briefs from the correct category. But they mostly in the wrong languages. In fact, I never recieved a request for any of the languages I work with (and I work with four different ones). But I'm glad to hear they have improved for you. 

Actually, I think briefs would be a great feature for TRS sellers as well, if they were relevant and actually required more than two words from a buyer. 

• Like 25
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 1

On 7/18/2022 at 1:05 AM, isratmunna said:

Is the Get Brief useful on Fiverr? Because I never got any order from 'Get Brief'

On 7/18/2022 at 5:01 AM, smashradio said:

No. Briefs are useless. They rarely match your skills or gigs and the buyer sposting them have no clue how to use Fiverr. A big waste of time. 

I actually love the Buyer Briefs just because I don't have to do anything to get these leads. I set my limit to $150 and Fiverr notifies me every time there is a match. About 70% of the time the brief is irrelevant, but I do get several that are very relevant to what I do and I only send out offers to those and only if I have time in my schedule. I want to make at least $150 from each Buyer Brief order and I only look for "easy" jobs that I can do in a day or less. If I do decide to make an offer, I usually have a good chance of getting an order. I think you have to be good at writing offers to get these briefs.

You can read more about forum members' experiences with Buyer Briefs here:

• Like 24
  • Up 4
  • Thanks 1

@smashradio & @miiila - It looks like the briefs "adjust" to your preferences based on how you respond to them. They seem to be a lot more relevant now than when I first started.

However, since both of you are successful TRSs, I don't think these briefs will be helpful for you. I see the Buyer Briefs as more helpful to newbie sellers (who have extra time) or sellers who need an extra order or two to keep the orders coming in.

• Like 25
  • Up 5
  • Thanks 1

The details you provide, in a brief, enable our smart algorithm to quickly find and match you to your ideal seller and quality service. This means less time spent searching for a seller/Gig, and getting what you need to be done—much faster.

• Like 25
  • Up 3
  • Thanks 1

Hm - at first I got... loads of really irrelevant briefs that almost annoyed me more than anything, but lately I've been getting a few that actually WOULD make sense for me to write. However, most of them seem to get cancelled by the buyer (I always assume that means they find a seller) before I have the time to write to them.

I like sort of seeing what people are looking for, though, if anything. 

• Like 25
  • Up 3
  • Thanks 1

I don't think it's a coincidence that since Fiverr Briefs started, the amount of business I have had has reduced significantly. Buyers don't tend to message me anymore. Before Briefs appeared, buyers would send me a message, I would tell them what I would do and then the job started. Now, I only receive Briefs, with about 90% of them requesting work that I don't do.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, florenciafarkas said:

no, is the worst decision of fiverr

From your point of view you may be right. But Fiverr has come up with this upgrade with something special in mind. We have to wait some more time to reap its benefits.

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

On 7/21/2022 at 12:53 PM, johnhansen1957 said:

I haven't been sent a suitable brief yet, but they seem to be getting closer to what I offer recently. Usually their budget is way off track, or the brief is too vague. Let's hope the feature is still being perfected.

Those who have not yet received a brief should review their gigs further.

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

On 2/21/2023 at 2:43 PM, johnhansen1957 said:

I am getting two or three buyer briefs every day, but most either don't match the services I offer, and 3 out of every five are from sellers incorrectly using the service, not from buyers.

i have the same experience. after 30 days my all gigs is derank and now no briefs no rank 😞 it's like 3 months running. 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1