Delivered on Time but still late???

addytor

Question

So just now I saw my Delivery on Time drop to 98%  from 100%, but I've delivered every order on time, the orders that are showing late are in revision, but I had delivered them on time, am I not understanding something?

Thanking in anticipation

• Like 7
  • Confused 1

12 answers to this question

Ah you're right, I just remembered I slept while working on a project, I might have delivered it late, thanks for replying so quickly, really appreciate it. So this will go away after 60 days, right? I mean back to 100%?

• Like 11

13 minutes ago, addytor said:

Ah you're right, I just remembered I slept while working on a project, I might have delivered it late, thanks for replying so quickly, really appreciate it. So this will go away after 60 days, right? I mean back to 100%?

If you deliver everything on time, yes. 

• Like 8

Also, please note that, if you missed a deadline, don't initiate delivery when it's in late status.
Discuss with your customer and extend the deadline then initiate delivery.

So missing a deadline is not the reason of delivery on-time drops.
Initiating the first delivery when the order in late status is actually calculated.
So extend deadline first, then initiate delivery.

• Like 5
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 3

18 hours ago, seven_sign said:

Initiating the first delivery when the order in late status is actually calculated.

Are you sure about this? Because the order should still be seen as late, since you missed the deadline. If you extend and miss it again, that would be 2 late penalties on a single order, right?

• Like 8

13 hours ago, donnovan86 said:

Are you sure about this? Because the order should still be seen as late, since you missed the deadline. If you extend and miss it again, that would be 2 late penalties on a single order, right?

I'm sure. I got the official information, tested by myself.
So when you miss your first deadline, order status could be late but it will not affect your delivery on-time metrics.
The wise choice to extend the time and the order will get back to the in progress status.
Then you should initiate delivery.

Means when the order status is late and you initiate the delivery, only that time your delivery on-time metrics affected.
However, late status in revision doesn't affect it.

• Like 7

15 minutes ago, seven_sign said:

Means when the order status is late and you initiate the delivery, only that time your delivery on-time metrics affected.

Well that should be unfair. Because it means people can manipulate the system. If you're late, you're late and you get penalized. That should be the right thing. If one can manipulate things.... then it's unfair towards those that actually deliver on time, all the time...

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

Well that should be unfair. Because it means people can manipulate the system. If you're late, you're late and you get penalized. That should be the right thing. If one can manipulate things.... then it's unfair towards those that actually deliver on time, all the time...

It's usual that sometimes customers don't respond in different scenario or confirmation about the requirements when freelancer come up with a question with the initial requirement.
If a freelancer initiate a partial delivery/false delivery, then when a customer report it, freelancer get a warning for that as well.
So Fiverr make it better to support freelancers by reverting it with the time extension.

And time extension doesn't apply automatically. So as long as the customer is happy with extension, then there shouldn't be any penalty. So it's all about discussion!

• Like 4