Is the block function functioning?

I have just ended a conversation with a very abusive client, whose business registration indicates that they are "foreign," which makes them ineligible for a local federal program. In short, it is their local law that businesses are not required to update their business registration.

I marked his message as spam, thus blocking him from contacting me again. He continued to send me messages with insults and unnecessary rage for a good 10 minutes, though.

Is there an explanation for why the "Block" feature doesn't work instantly?

1 hour ago, strategist_ceo said:

I have just ended a conversation with a very abusive client, whose business registration indicates that they are "foreign," which makes them ineligible for a local federal program. In short, it is their local law that businesses are not required to update their business registration.

I marked his message as spam, thus blocking him from contacting me again. He continued to send me messages with insults and unnecessary rage for a good 10 minutes, though.

It's supposed to be instant, so I'm not sure how that can have happend. 

Did it work in the end, though? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, smashradio said:

Did it work in the end, though? 

Yes, it did. After another ten minutes of being insulted for making "assumptions" based on what was written on their own documents. :classic_dry:

It would be nice if I didn't have to read those words after blocking them.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

19 hours ago, strategist_ceo said:

I think it doesn't work right away until the person refreshes their browser. If they stay on the page, then the blocking function won't work, until they obviously refresh the page. That's what happened to me. 

My recommendation? Ignore insults once you blocked the dude, sooner or later the blocking function works, so yeah, I wouldn't waste time reading insults from a random 🙂

• Like 2
  • Up 3