Saturday morning surprise

katakatica

So...

I admit this is written in a slight hurry as I was about to start preparing for going out (looks like it will be a celebratory lunch, though I think we're just getting Swedish food lol!)

Since 2017, I've been on Fiverr (which, admittedly is...a while. Not too long, not too short, I guess.) 

I started out as a fairly rookie writer with mostly fanfic-writing experience (a ton of it, and I knew how to 'please' my readers, so there's that) but it was mostly just a 'I'll write for some extra cash while I try to get a new job'.

And I made plenty of mistakes over the years. Had no idea how to manage orders at some time (mostly a 'I think I can write 5000 words in a day 7 days a week without crashing) manner, and some 'I was fooled/I fooled myself thinking that I could do x and y when it was not something I was capable of way.

So... I have loads of cancellations.

Loads.

Which is exactly why, as much as I WANTED it, becoming TRS didn't really seem like an option. 

Well, this morning I was proven wrong and if I tell you that I SCREAMED on the top of my lungs (my boyfriend was very confused, I always called TRS as 'getting the star' for some reason so he had no idea what was going on)... 

I know that it's just 'another level' but to me it really shows just how far I've come. From fumbling about, a good writer but that's it to a person who works on games, who HAS the time (and money) to buy/play games and just in general... Somewhat accomplished, I guess. I'm bouncing off the walls to be honest, finding it kind of hard to believe but... I guess the stars ARE the limit. 

(and now, I will go back to the last few days of my vacation, because I'm trying to enjoy the Swedish spring summer while it lasts!

(eventually, I will write an actual 'story' story about the ups and downs of stuff, but I just wanted to share my joy haha!)

Edited by katakatica
quick line added
  • Like 13
  • Congrats! 12
  • Thanks 1

Congos, congress, congarats, congrats, and congratulations! I'm sure you've worked hard enough for it, enjoy your joy. And the Swedish food. Well, I may be a bit late for the last bit, unless you're having a very late lunch today, as I just did (espresso, no sugar, of course ;)), but anyway. 🙂

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

On 7/16/2022 at 11:04 AM, miiila said:

And the Swedish food. Well, I may be a bit late for the last bit, unless you're having a very late lunch today, as I just did (espresso, no sugar, of course ;)), but anyway.

Haha, thank you! It ended up being Szechuan food because the Swedish place didn't have what we went there for (Snitchzels!). Definitely ended up celebrating though with a slightly too-hot dish! (as in, the single spiciest dish I've had in Sweden. Apparently... it really WAS a Szechuan place!)

On 7/16/2022 at 8:30 AM, melanielm said:

Big congratulations! 

On 7/16/2022 at 7:14 AM, lloydsolutions said:

Many congratulations! 🙂

On 7/16/2022 at 6:29 AM, mariashtelle1 said:

Woohoo! Well done and totally deserved! 🥳

And thank you so much all ❤️ Still can hardly believe it to be honest ha. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, smashradio said:

Congress and welcome to the club of the stars! 

Thank you! (I do have to say that my previous comment protecting 'certain' level 2 sellers... still stands, but is rather funnily timed I guess! I did NOT expect this  for sure!

10 hours ago, vickieito said:

Yay, @katakatica!!! We all know that you worked so hard to earn this!!! Your profile looks awesome with that TRS badge! 🤩

Haha, thank you! I... did work hard, but I also get to do what I love for a living so it's a pretty fair bargain! 

9 hours ago, donnovan86 said:

Congrats and many conga rats to you 🙂 I wish you all the best, and I recommend keeping those stats, I lost the TRS badge due to health reasons and it still hurts 🙂 Enjoy the TRS status and to many more orders 🙂

See, I - am - slightly terrified. I was away for the end of June, only part-time until basically next Tuesday so the fact that I got the badge in what seems like the 'slowest' month so far (it will NOT be as I have a LOT of work piled up...) is pretty crazy haha. I hope to see you re-join the 'club' soon as well! I'm sure that at some point you'll get back in!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, katakatica said:

Thank you! (I do have to say that my previous comment protecting 'certain' level 2 sellers... still stands, but is rather funnily timed I guess! I did NOT expect this  for sure!

Haha – by now I'm sure you understand that you have become at least 200% more talented since you made that comment – practically overnight. Ok, maybe not. What has happened, is you being recognized for the amazing talent that you are. The timing was certainly funny! 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Congratulation! You have no idea who I am, but I always read your comments here on Fiverr Forum, and I actually learned a lot of useful information from your comments. And your achievement is the best motivation to keep developing, keep working, keep learning!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/18/2022 at 6:29 PM, olyasr said:

And your achievement is the best motivation to keep developing, keep working, keep learning!

I could have sworn I've replied to this! I've seen you around a bit actually! I'm so glad you've learned some stuff from my (often rambly) posts! And also in general, just thanks 😄 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1