Give downloadable samples or not to give…(personal opinion)

ubun97

Today, again a buyer asked me to send my downloadable voice samples to him/her.🙃

Personally I would not send my samples to them because I like my samples not to be stolen and use. In the opposite side, I provide samples in my gig and my YouTube channel which are totally free to listen and share. I also provide a $5 test paid.

After telling the buyer, the buyer questioned me why people will steal my samples? Is it valuable? It just a self-introducing video. And blah blah… In the end, the buyer said he/she doesn’t want it anymore.

First, some people does steal work. Everyone has the rights to choose give or not to give samples before place order. It doesn’t mean you ask and others “must” give.

Second, is it valuable?… I found this question is quite funny. If it’s not valuable, why would you want it and show it to your clients?

Third, in my gigs and YouTube, I put many samples in it. Self-introducing video is just only one of it. This means you did not look through all the information I had in my gigs.

I believe, give or not to give is a choice. Some people give and some people don’t. Please be polite and understand.

10 minutes ago, ubun97 said:

Today, again a buyer asked me to send my downloadable voice samples to him/her.

There are a lot of agencies that don't want their client to know that they get Voice Overs from Fiverr for several reasons, which is another story. You should take a few of the samples you have on YouTube and create an audio only MP3 demo of the work with no Fiverr mentions or intro, just the actual samples. Max run time 60 seconds. Then when someone asks, send them the file.  Really not a big deal. I just send a D/L link to mine whenever I get such a request. I assume of course, they wanted to hear generic samples of previous work.  Do not ever record custom samples of their script. 

24 minutes ago, ubun97 said:

I believe, give or not to give is a choice. Some people give and some people don’t. Please be polite and understand

it's funny because most sellers already have samples on their gigs.

I personally don't see the point to it. samples rarely offer any real insights. there is a very little chance a sample would match the exact tone or voice a client is looking for...  so what's the point?

Altough i work on visual arts and not voiceover, I second to @newsmike here.

Whenever i need to, i just send them a collage of my previous works designed in a way that they cant use (cropped and merged together in disturbing but toughtful ways) It suffices, shows the quality and the style of my work.

It does work.

I don't send samples because it's obvious that they in fact ask for their actual real project and are going to steal it, the only time I sent a sample was for someone who had 5 Millions subscribers on youtube to make sure I was able to make his videos, at this point I trusted.

Archived