Curious question from a buyer

dondomingo38

Hi there, new to the community but have already used Fiverr to buy two great gigs for my YouTube channel. Love the work and professionalism.

I’m awaiting a reply from my seller, but I thought I’d ask the question here.

I bought a video intro for my YouTube channel,  using my logo and such. The seller did an amazing job, but YouTube is flagging the music as a copyright claim by some company on behalf another party.

I checked the song they claim to be the music in my video but it’s definitely not the same, it barely resembles what it’s in my video. 

I would imagine the seller used a royalty free music clip and not someone’s copyright material. Especially if they specialize in YouTube video intros. 

has this happened to anyone else and what should I do? 

• Like 8
  • Up 5

17 minutes ago, dondomingo38 said:

Hi there, new to the community but have already used Fiverr to buy two great gigs for my YouTube channel. Love the work and professionalism.

I’m awaiting a reply from my seller, but I thought I’d ask the question here.

I bought a video intro for my YouTube channel,  using my logo and such. The seller did an amazing job, but YouTube is flagging the music as a copyright claim by some company on behalf another party.

I checked the song they claim to be the music in my video but it’s definitely not the same, it barely resembles what it’s in my video. 

I would imagine the seller used a royalty free music clip and not someone’s copyright material. Especially if they specialize in YouTube video intros. 

has this happened to anyone else and what should I do? 

If the seller used any of the legitimate royalty free music sources, they have an easy way to settle any YT copyright disputes. Unfortunately, lots of unscrupulous sellers steal music and resell it. Ask them where they licensed the track from and you can go to that site, Storyblocks, Audio Jungle, Envato, etc... and read about their dispute policy.

For example: https://www.storyblocks.com/business-solutions/youtube#:~:text=Did you get a YouTube content ID claim%3F

Have the seller deal with clearing the issue though. If they can't give you the info, contact CS and demand a refund/cancellation on the order. 

Edited by newsmike
  • Like 11
  • Up 5
  • Thanks 3

I work in video editing for youtubers, it has happened once that I used a royality free song that was in fact copyrighted but I couldn't know it, it might be this, normally, in this field, seller is supposed to be aware about copyrights and not to use songs that are protected.

Edited by psykkopatte
  • Like 10

1 hour ago, psykkopatte said:

I used a royality free song that was in fact copyrighted

This is the common misconception about "royalty free" music. All "royalty free" music is still copyrighted, and must be licensed to be used, the "royalty free" part simply means that after you pay to license its use, there are no recurring "royalties" due to length of use, location of use, total times used, etc. Many people only see the word "free", and make the mistake that it is not copyrighted, and free to use at will, which is not the case. It does not mean "free" music.

Edited by newsmike
  • Like 10
  • Up 2

3 hours ago, newsmike said:

This is the common misconception about "royalty free" music. All "royalty free" music is still copyrighted, and must be licensed to be used, the "royalty free" part simply means that after you pay to license its use, there are no recurring "royalties" due to length of use, location of use, total times used, etc. Many people only see the word "free", and make the mistake that it is not copyrighted, and free to use at will, which is not the case. It does not mean "free" music.

Yes, unfortunatly this is hard to find good songs that are fully useable for free, we have tons of videos to do and need a variety of musics.

• Like 10

• 2 weeks later...