Writing Gig "Revision" Request is Really Just a Request to Write More for Free

sarahhagwood

I think I am dealing with someone trying to play the system right now. He started out with a HUGE order and I set a milestone order. He accepted the first completion without any revisions. Then I completed the second part. He then waited 7 days after delivery then requested a revision on the first milestone portion that I already sent and he accepted. His revision request was more of a request to write additional, not revise anything. I kindly told him that I am happy to write additional and offered a really great price to do so (much less than I would normally). Also, during the process of waiting for him to accept the order (during the 7 days), my writing gig was removed by Fiverr due to offering academic work, which my description specifically states that I do not do that and to not bother trying to ask for it. I am wondering now if this buyer reported my gig to try to get it removed and maybe get his work for free? 

What should I do? Right now, I am just waiting for his response to my offer to write additional. He did not state anything was wrong with the content I wrote. He just wanted me to expand on the topics more, which was not a part of the original request. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, sarahhagwood said:

I think I am dealing with someone trying to play the system right now. He started out with a HUGE order and I set a milestone order. He accepted the first completion without any revisions. Then I completed the second part. He then waited 7 days after delivery then requested a revision on the first milestone portion that I already sent and he accepted. His revision request was more of a request to write additional, not revise anything. I kindly told him that I am happy to write additional and offered a really great price to do so (much less than I would normally). Also, during the process of waiting for him to accept the order (during the 7 days), my writing gig was removed by Fiverr due to offering academic work, which my description specifically states that I do not do that and to not bother trying to ask for it. I am wondering now if this buyer reported my gig to try to get it removed and maybe get his work for free? 

What should I do? Right now, I am just waiting for his response to my offer to write additional. He did not state anything was wrong with the content I wrote. He just wanted me to expand on the topics more, which was not a part of the original request. 

Like I mentioned over in the other thread, I think this is a fishy buyer. But you never know for sure. It could be a case of not knowing how the system works, as well. If he haven't responded yet, I'd wait and see what he says before reacting to it. 

Regarding the gig being removed, I'd reach out to support. Perhaps this was just an automatic removal (they happen sometimes due to words being picked up by the system). Perhaps a manual review could get your gig back up and running. 

• Like 6
  • Confused 1
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 1