How do you update a gig's Category section when it's grayed out? Do I have to delete and start over?

Hello All!! I recently put up my third gig but after looking at what I'm actually doing, I decided it might gain more traction if I put it under another category. I went back to the gig and requested to do an edit but when I try to edit the Gig Category section, it is grayed out; I can only edit the subsection. Will I have to delete the entire gig? Fiverr Help and Support has not responded and I would really like to get this gig up and running. Thanks in advance for any help! 

• Like 3

I don't think you can change the category once the gig has been published. Like you say you can change the subcategory (though I'm not sure if that's always the case - I thought I tried that once and couldn't). I think you used to be able to pause a gig and then change the category but I've tried with one of mine just to see and it doesn't any more (it just lets the subcategory be changed on it).

If you really need the category changing (if it's not in the best category) I think Fiverr might be able to change it for you if you just wait for their reply (that's if they agree that it's not in the most relevant category).

Also if your gig aren't getting that many impressions it might be something to do with your avg response time showing as 2 days. If that can be improved maybe your gigs might show a bit higher in the subcategories.

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 3

Hi there and thanks for responding everyone! And thank you so much for reviewing my gig.  The gig I was talking about was the one where I helped people out doing a government ksa/job application review. I felt it was more in line with Resume services so I wanted to put it under Writing/Translation vs Business/Career Coaching? IDK. I'm going to delete the Mock Juror one I think and do some tweaks to my Beta Read one as well. Ok.... so I couldn't figure out the "grayed out" category issue. After a Forum moderator told me that it could take anywhere from 24-48 hrs for Support to contact me, I didn't want to wait that long and went ahead and deleted the gig. Hmmm, should I delete the Support ticket as well? Goodness. Now, the 2 day response rate issue: Good grief. Ok, I set up my cell phone to notify me when I had any notifications from Fiverr on Saturday because I knew I was going to be busy that day and not working on the computer. I checked my phone very late friday night, got up Saturday morning and literally looked at to make sure I was "Online" (on both my laptop and my cell phone). I didn't see any notification so, I thought all was well. Well, it didn't pan out that way. Well, don't you know the app never showed I had any messages? Wow!! I thought that was strange since I had been chatting with a prospective client and she said she would get back to me in a few days. Well when Monday came, I said to myself "Hmm, I haven't heard back from that person but I don't see anything on my phone at all." Something told me to check my laptop and "lo and behold", THAT's when I saw that I had been sent a message right AFTER the time I could have at least been in the 24 hour zone!! I just don't know what happened. I sent a message to the prospective client (apologizing for the delay in communcation) and one to Fiverr Support telling them about the issue. The prospective client actually placed an order with me, (my FIRST order). I'm not really sure if this is a "true" order (since she hasn't been able to upload her docs and we're still waiting on Fiverr Support to help). I got really upset about this whole phone notification failure, ESPECIALLY since I had been watching it like a hawk since I started. Fiverr Support never uploaded my support request (like they did with these other two requests about the buyer not being able to upload her docs and my clock running AND about the "grayed out" button for the category issue. So, I'm not sure if it's just floating around or what. Jees. Anyway, hopefully, I can get someone else to send me a message and improve the response rate? I don't know. For now, I have alarms on my computer to remind me to check Fiverr every 2-3 hours. Speaking of people sending me a message, I just got hit with two scammers (one I reported and blocked and one that Fiverr sent ME a message saying that they were protecting me from a scammer)? I'm just not having a good first month here. LOL. really trying to deal with learning everything on here. To help with that, I've watched a dozen videos (on Youtube AND on Fiverr) and read quite a few blogs but this seems to me to be a just "sink or swim" kind of deal and I'm determined to SWIM!!! LOL. It IS disheartening to have so many issues going on (when I just started even thouggh it has me starting in May? I guess that's when I first made my account but my first gig wasn't posted until the end of June or beginning of July). Hopefully, things will turn around. My goal for tomorrow? To put up ANOTHER gig!! LOL. Thanks again everyone for listening! I wish you all success!  

Edited by omnilegentangel
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Up 1

15 minutes ago, omnilegentangel said:

Jees. Anyway, hopefully, I can get someone else to send me a message and improve the response rate? I don't know. For now, I have alarms on my computer to remind me to check Fiverr every 2-3 hours

I think if you've set up notifications so that you receive emails when someone messages you you shouldn't really need to keep checking Fiverr every few hours for messages. eg. click settings after clicking on the profile icon at the top then notifications and check they're all checked in the way you want them.

You might have more chance of messages (and orders) if you send offers to buyer requests you can do well. Maybe ask them to contact you eg. for a free sample or if they have any questions. That way you can respond fast and decrease your response time.

• Like 3