Politely Saying No

casestreetx

I have received a custom request from a new client, however I am getting a bad vibe. I have received rude, abrupt messages and I don't want to commit to offering this client any work. How can I politely say no without this reflecting badly on myself.

• Like 10
  • Sad 3

Hello@casestreetx,

Well this indeed is a bit of situation, but if you don't feel working on their project you can be clear and direct to them. Do not burden yourself , just make them clear that you can't work currently for them .

and also you can read further on forum about same topic discussed earlier.

Hope you get the solution.

• Like 8

13 minutes ago, casestreetx said:

How can I politely say no without this reflecting badly on myself.

Tell them you are overbooked and you can't take their order at this time. Half an hour or an hour later, you can block them. You politely refused them, and you're also doing the right thing for yourself by avoiding any random order that comes from them. 

• Like 13

1 hour ago, vickiespencer said:

No, blocking does not cause mayhem. It makes it so the prospective buyer cannot contact you or even find your profile on the Fiverr platform while they are signed in. 

Well, it should do. I have a client who set up two new profiles after I blocked him, 'so I could find you because your profile disappeared'. 🙂

• Like 5

I blocked a seller who clearly tried to scam me once. They where the most persistent people I've ever come across. Six new profiles later and they somehow managed to place an order with me. I ended up having to complete the order, and I feared they would just do a cancelation down the road.

So far, they haven't and even came back for seconds. Paid my rent that month, dispite all my efforts to block them, repeatedly.

The order was legit, but they tried getting me to transfer funds to them because they had allegedly paid me directly via Paypal. Obviously, this wasn't true, since I never would give anyone my Paypal or violate the terms on Fiverr like that. So I contacted support, and they just said it was up to me if I wanted to complete the order or not, even though they had tried to scam me. Weird situation - lol.

Anyway, I digress. 

Blocking someone does not stop them from making a new account, reporting you from that account or doing something to mess up your account. Just so you're aware of the risks involved, if you feel this individual is a dishonest Demandogorgon/Scopoflayer/Toxic Spider Monster, all described in the below topic: 

To say no, I would simply go with: 

"Thank you for considering me for this project. Unfortunately, I don't think I'm the best fit for you at this time. I wish you the best of luck with your project!"

Edited by smashradio
  • Like 8