Hey im soosmooth a former top seller, until i lost it all down to level 0.  (because of a account bug as quoted by customer service) anyways i never got it back, since then ive grown to level 2, but tomorrow ill lose my level 2 after months and months long battle with this new 60 day thing ..that no matter how many orders I complete refuses to go up.. I've been battling this for 3 years now. And apparently no one can accurately explain why I drop stats so fast for 2 cancels out of 25 delivered 5 star completed orders and since more recently 9 completed and 1 cancel.. and yes my stats just steadily and consistently drop, anyway now I was 89% 2 or 3 days ago, completed another 5 star order but guess what.. it dropped to 88% last night lol .. idk if I'm the only one going through this, but it really hurts that after so much years of hard work, growth and consistency on fiverr.. my stats are not even in my control..  people literally buy from me to cancel so I lose stats.. and guess what happens.. yes I lose stats.. if I complete 25 and lose 2 ..yes I lose stats, if I complete 9 and 1 lose ..I lose stats, yesterday i lost 1 point without even doing anything it's that easy lol .. if I offended anyone.. my apologies but I've tried literally everything.. I will not win this bug or whatever it is that targets my profile. (If you have any information on how to fix this or anything that helps feel free to comment.

Screenshot_20220709-164138_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220709-164516_Fiverr.jpg

Screenshot_20220713-111301_Fiverr.jpg

Edited by soosmooth
  • Like 3
  • Sad 6
  • Up 1

• soosmooth changed the title to How I Lost My Levels

Hi. I don't have any advice per se, but I would like to make a few (probably rambled) comments.

If you enjoy or love what you do on Fiverr, then keep doing it. Yes, the algorihium can be a little unpredictable or inconsistent, but I think everyone gets their chance. They just have to make the most of the opportunity, and I'm sure you have, especially since you were once a top rated seller.

As for your issue with cancellation, are you discussing this with the buyer to avoid cancellation or are they just cancelling without notice? I know it's hard to control who orders your services, but maybe you could check out their profile and buyer reviews to see what kind of buyer they are before you send an offer, if applicable. I don't even know if you can block people from ordering...

I'm not going to tell you that levels don't matter, and it's all about doing what you love and providing great service. That's not totally true because if you've worked hard, you want to be recognized for it. And that is how Fiverr symbolizes potential and success-with levels, badges, etc. 

I suggest you don't give up. I think if you were once so successful, you can do it again. Unfortunately, like any career, there are some things Fiverr sellers can't completely control, like unfair cancellations 😞

• Like 10
  • Up 1

Since it's a percentage over 60 days, if you've had a slow period, those cancelled orders will start making up a higher percentage of your total number of orders in the last 60 days. You need to get more orders completed (fresh orders). 

I've had few but very large orders this month. Today, I made the difficult decision to offer a cancellation for a buyer (before even starting the work) because I don't believe I can deliver what they need. 

It's most likely going to hurt my cancellation rate as well. I'm not sure how much, but since the next evaluation is only a couple of days away, I must admit I'm not looking forward to it if it drops below 90%. But if it does, that's on me. I could have made the selfish choice of just letting the order go late or pretending to work on it and cancel later on. But that's not who I am. If my integrity costs me my level, then so be it. 

But sad story man! I hope you make it out on top again! 

Edited by smashradio
  • Like 7
  • Up 1

2 hours ago, soosmooth said:

Hey im soosmooth a former top seller, until i lost it all down to level 0.  (because of a account bug as quoted by customer service) anyways i never got it back, since then ive grown to level 2, but tomorrow ill lose my level 2

You have done it before and you can do it again.

You have excellent reviews and are "out there" - I have amassed over 2.5m views on youtube, and over 10k streams on Spotify. etc. (from your profle description)

This may be helpful to you: Fiverr Help and Education Center (Cancellations)

• Like 12
  • Up 1

Thanks all.. I'm just lost with the new changes I'm not used to it because I never had these issues..but yea..guess I'll just watch and see how it plays out.. 💪 I been here awhile so I na plan on quitting ..but ill be watching 👀 lol.

• Like 8
  • Up 1

Hi @soosmooth,

Please get Customer Support involved as soon as possible whenever there is a cancelation that results from buyer error. In many of these cases Customer Support can cancel the order without it hurting your seller statistics, because it was the buyer's fault, not yours (see Point #3 in the thread below):

https://community.fiverr.com/forums/topic/283566-today-is-day-60-and-finally-finally-i-have-an-order-completion-rate-of-100/

@newsmike also has a good response for handling buyers who want to cancel orders, even though you've delivered as promised:

https://community.fiverr.com/forums/topic/282473-yesterday-buyer-opened-a-dispute-and-i-declined-3-days-gone-but-order-is-not-marked-as-complete/?do=findComment&comment=1783095

I like this story about how Fiverr compensated a seller who delivered as promised (and had to cancel the order):

https://community.fiverr.com/forums/topic/284032-fiverr-support-canceled-a-big-order-and-compensated-earnings-for-this-order-fair-decision/:

I also had to cancel an order from a disappearing buyer (that I wasn't able to deliver on because I was still waiting on information from the buyer to deliver the entire order...I did pre-deliver most of the order in chats). However, Customer Support was able to cancel the order without it affecting my stats. My Success Manager also fought for me (you'll see later on in the post that Fiverr credited me for the work that I did do):

https://community.fiverr.com/forums/topic/282216-24-hrs-until-delivery-and-no-contact-from-the-buyer-also-unable-to-deliver/

It should also not affect your seller stats if your buyer cancels because they "ordered by mistake," if they cancel before entering in the order requirements, or for a silly reason like canceling because they didn't apply a coupon code or they ordered the wrong gig.. In all of these cases, it shouldn't affect your seller stats if you cancel the order the right way:

https://community.fiverr.com/forums/topic/281909-does-it-affects-sellers-profile-rating-when-buyer-wants-to-cancel-the-order/?do=findComment&comment=1779001

Edited by vickieito
  • Like 8
  • Up 1

14 hours ago, vickieito said:

Hi @soosmooth,

Please get Customer Support involved as soon as possible whenever there is a cancelation that results from buyer error. In many of these cases Customer Support can cancel the order without it hurting your seller statistics, because it was the buyer's fault, not yours (see Point #3 in the thread below):

https://community.fiverr.com/forums/topic/283566-today-is-day-60-and-finally-finally-i-have-an-order-completion-rate-of-100/

@newsmike also has a good response for handling buyers who want to cancel orders, even though you've delivered as promised:

https://community.fiverr.com/forums/topic/282473-yesterday-buyer-opened-a-dispute-and-i-declined-3-days-gone-but-order-is-not-marked-as-complete/?do=findComment&comment=1783095

I like this story about how Fiverr compensated a seller who delivered as promised (and had to cancel the order):

https://community.fiverr.com/forums/topic/284032-fiverr-support-canceled-a-big-order-and-compensated-earnings-for-this-order-fair-decision/:

I also had to cancel an order from a disappearing buyer (that I wasn't able to deliver on because I was still waiting on information from the buyer to deliver the entire order...I did pre-deliver most of the order in chats). However, Customer Support was able to cancel the order without it affecting my stats. My Success Manager also fought for me (you'll see later on in the post that Fiverr credited me for the work that I did do):

https://community.fiverr.com/forums/topic/282216-24-hrs-until-delivery-and-no-contact-from-the-buyer-also-unable-to-deliver/

It should also not affect your seller stats if your buyer cancels because they "ordered by mistake," if they cancel before entering in the order requirements, or for a silly reason like canceling because they didn't apply a coupon code or they ordered the wrong gig.. In all of these cases, it shouldn't affect your seller stats if you cancel the order the right way:

https://community.fiverr.com/forums/topic/281909-does-it-affects-sellers-profile-rating-when-buyer-wants-to-cancel-the-order/?do=findComment&comment=1779001

Fantastic reply, Vickie. You've provided a lot of help here. 

I feel that the stats probably do calculate correctly, @soosmooth, if you sit and work it out percentage wise. It always does feel as if the system is against you when the order level is low (probably because the value is high and there are only so many we can complete in 60 days) and when there are cancellations.

You have to keep the completions above 90%, as you know. 

If you turned over 25 completed jobs in 60 days, and three (say) got cancelled, that's 88% completion. Remember: you have to track it back across 60 days exactly. Not 61... 🙂  So, 'without doing anything', of course your completion rate can drop since you need to keep calculating how many cancellations have occurred in the *last 60 days on a rolling basis*. If one of your completions that was previously counted falls outside 60 days, that will deliver a further ding to your completion stats. I could go to bed tonight with 90% score but wake tomorrow with below 90% if one of my completed jobs now occurred 61 days ago, not 60 because I've dared to sleep instead of deliver another job, ha.

You're likely thinking 'but I only had one cancellation' (or whatever) because you're not sitting down and working out what was the exact date 60 days ago and which jobs have been cancelled since then. I had the same issue way back... it was hellishly frustrating. But once I got to grips with the 60-days' rolling cycle, then it made sense. Since then, I haven't had the problem as I am always a step ahead.

What I do if I have seen any cancellations at all, is start to offer edits of smaller pieces as well as my usual large edits. I don't offer small edits very often as I am too busy. But if it means working 18 hours a day for two days to fit a few small ones in alongside, thus bumping up my deliveries by one or two jobs in the 60-day slot, it's worth it.

• Like 9
  • Up 1

I mean... It is what is ...I'll just continue doing what I do as always ... I only ever cared about delivering and reviews.. I never really watched the stats cause they buyer doesn't see em.. people wanna work with you they check previous reviews..so I always focused on delivering top quality.. I don't wanna start watching and being worried about stats that may drop and derail me .. I don't wanna focus on that .. because I was never a sloppy seller anyway so ..these take my attention from my work..you get me .. 

• Like 6
  • Up 1

Brother man I feel your pain I was done the same way by buyers who literally ordered then cancelled just to make my stats go down. I went from level 2 after holding it 2 years also down to new seller because of the buyer. This is a big problem on here where there are others working together to take certain people down so friends of them can get higher in searches. We as sellers need a button so we can refuse any order before it's started. I just got back to level 2 after 4 months of being demoted, let's hope I can get back up again without any problems but I don't think it will last long once they see me back on top again. 

Edited by jvh_productions
  • Like 6
  • Up 1